• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising Xbox One vs Xbox 360 Backwards Compatibility Frame Rate Test

Alx

It's weird that at 6:05 the XB1 version seems to be stuck at 45fps while nothing special is happening on screen (and the 360 is at 60).

Oemenia

Banned
Thanks, been checking all morning for this!

Any idea on how it looks upscaled on the One, it was pretty rough on the 360.

Bsigg12

I wonder if DF will revisit any of the bigger BC titles when the Xbox One X lands? I would love to see what the additional power and forced 16xAF do for some of these games like RDR.

tbm24

I wonder if DF will revisit any of the bigger BC titles when the Xbox One X lands? I would love to see what the additional power and forced 16xAF do for some of these games like RDR.
Likely going to be rolled in to what I hope will be a comprehensive test of the XBX.

Colbert

Banned
I did not know the game was 60 fps on the 360, tbh (never played it). From the video itself it seems with BC low frames are not as low as on the 360 but also the 360 is able to hold 60 fps longer in some sequences. All in all a trade-off I would be satisfied with. It will be interesting to see the difference when BC games will run on a Xbox One X.

FaustusMD

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna wait til the X is out to finally finish this game, then. Putting it on my list, and this time I'll get past the first couple of bosses...

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Yeah but those framerate drops later on in the video though.Still looks rough but ultimately the quality of the final image output by the hardware can't be shown in screenshots.
360 has lower lows by a wide margin

I bought the PS3 version back at release due to the higher quality FMV and vsync.

Now that the 360 version is vsyned on XBO I've bought the digital version.

I have the PC version too which is the best of all versions but it stopped playing nicely with my TV and I have to run another app to make it work properly.

I love Metal Gear Rising.

Top Bottom