• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires and two other Musou games coming to Switch

Damn title character limits ;)

Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires, Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada, and Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate coming to Switch

Koei Tecmo is bringing Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires, Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada, and Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate to Switch in Japan on November 9, the company announced. Each title will cost 6,800 yen and include the downloadable content released for the other versions.
o2u_img1.jpg

ssm_img3.jpg

m7e_img3.jpg

https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/omega20th/switch/

I'm shocked it's getting Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate. That's a 3 year old port. Though out of those 3 it's the one I'd probably get regardless.

That's a product listing though whereas this is the official announcement. That being said it didn't take long to come true haha. Looks like the user updated their OP to reflect the official announcement too.

I mean he linked the same website and it was still way earlier than yours, is my point.

HOLY SHIT!!! KT doing god's work indeed. This just made the week for me. THIS is what I want to see!

Also the first ever main DW game on a Nintendo system IIRC, AND Nintendo FINALLY gets SW4, you know, after Nintendo got SW3 exclusively (initially). Always was an odd omission. :p

Edit: Wait, is it not some form of SW4? Wiki calls it a spin-off.

Kouriozan

Well I almost 100% finished Orochi on Wii U, don't really like Dynasty Warriors's characters but would get Spirit of Sanada if localized.

To be clear, is DW8 Empires the definitive release of DW8 with ALL content? It sounds like it's more of a Turn-Based Strategy game spin-off. Can anyone clarify?

To be clear, is DW8 Empires the definitive release of DW8 with ALL content? It sounds like it's more of a Turn-Based Strategy game spin-off. Can anyone clarify?

No, you're thinking of DW8:Complete Edition which has the base game + Xtreme Legends. Empires is the one with the turn based strategic portion between DW battles where you attack/defend portions of the map against/from rivals.

425kid

Will not double dip on DW8E but WO3 I might do it on an impulse if I got that warriors itch again. On the other hand this is after fire emblem warriors so I might be burnt out more than itching to play. Hahahaha.

No, you're thinking of DW8:Complete Edition which has the base game + Xtreme Legends. Empires is the one with the turn based strategic portion between DW battles where you attack/defend portions of the map against/from rivals.

Yeah, shame it's not Complete Edition, maybe it'll come later, I don't know. Noticeably all three games are the most recent in each franchise I think.

sensui-tomo

Warriors orochi 3 better run well this time round, considering the wiiu port ran like shit compared to the vanilla game back on the PS3/x360.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I wonder why these three. Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires is the oddest one. Guess this confirms Dynasty Warriors 9 could end up on the system later, but if it's not 9 or 9 XL and they wait for Empires again it'd be equally weird.

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate makes some sense I guess.

A bit surprising to see them port any though, I guess they wanted to finally get some of their own Musou games on the system.

sensui-tomo

I wonder why these three. Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires is the oddest one. Guess this confirms Dynasty Warriors 9 could end up on the system later, but if it's not 9 or 9 XL and they wait for Empires again it'd be equally weird.

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate makes some sense I guess.

A bit surprising to see them port any though, I guess they wanted to finally get some of their own Musou games on the system.
It's these 3 since they all have ps3 versions so it'd be easier to port them/move them than to downport DW9.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
It's these 3 since they all have ps3 versions so it'd be easier to port them/move them than to downport DW9.

Yeah I wouldn't expect DW9 as quickly, but they released games on PSP/Vita later on to have them portable so they could do the same. But they could've chosen any of the older games, why these three? Did they just pick the latest for their respective subseries?

sensui-tomo

Yeah I wouldn't expect DW9 as quickly, but they released games on PSP/Vita later on to have them portable so they could do the same. But they could've chosen any of the older games, why these three? Did they just pick the latest for their respective subseries?
Probably did just do the latest, even if dw8CE would have been a better choice than empires.

Warriors All-Stars did make it to Vita so they could do the same down port to Switch if they wanted to, maybe they will down the road.
That game and any other vita title is also probably likely for a port. I just don't see DW9 happening any time soon.

Samemind

Why's the logo say warriors 2 ultimate tho

Edit: oh okay our warriors orochi 2 wasn't a numbered sequel in japan nvm

Question. Which of the three should I play? I've only played Chronicles 1 on 3DS and I do have SW3 on Wii but haven't tried it yet.

WO3 looks like the highest rated by far of the three (77 for PS4 on Metacritic).

Opa-Pa

Hell yes! I got into Warriors after enjoying Hyrule and jumping into Samurai Warriors 4 on Vita, so this is ideal for me.

I really want them to make a definitive version of HW too. I already own it on Wii U and 3DS but I don't care.

Is Empires the same thing as a regular DW game? HIGHLY interested.

I believe it's a strategy spinoff of sorts.

Fiendcode

Better late than never I guess. I wonder if Koei will bother publishing these overseas? They skipped the late ROTK/NA ports.

mas8705

Bring Hyrule Warriors!

Correction: Hyrule Warriors DX!

I don't care if it would be charged at the full price again! (well I would a bit...) but the point would be that with what was done with the game and the extra things that were added in the 3DS version that the Wii U never got (thus making the 3DS version somehow the superior version), that it would be great to see Hyrule Warriors on Switch that carries all that content over.

Hell, you can even do a thing where you can add four new characters and one challenge map too if you wanted! People would lose their minds if they could play as the four heroes in BotW!

I'm setting myself up for disappointment, aren't I?

---

Getting back on topic, hopefully we might see these games hop over to the US in the future. Definitely would consider getting those games if they do come to the Switch in English (already planning on getting Fire Emblem Warriors when it drops later this year).

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Again, can't make threads yet, if anyone wants to do one, I keep posting new news/videos/whatevers in old threads and nobody bothers creating new ones lol.

Anyway, trailer for Switch Dynasty Warriors 8 XL Definitive Edition.

Well, this one's pretty short so may not be worth the thread but others were good :p

Last edited:
Again, can't make threads yet, if anyone wants to do one, I keep posting new news/videos/whatevers in old threads and nobody bothers creating new ones lol.

Anyway, trailer for Switch Dynasty Warriors 8 XL Definitive Edition.

Well, this one's pretty short so may not be worth the thread but others were good :p

oh snap - didnt know DL was coming, was gonna buy it for ps4 once i saw that empires was coming to switch...

made thread for you

Last edited:
Top Bottom