• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK: Uncharted: Lost Legacy debuts at less than half Uncharted 4

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Probably not too surprising given it's not a numbered title.

This Uncharted title is a slightly smaller adventure and was originally pitched as DLC for last year's Uncharted 4 before being spun out into its own game (one with, admittedly, a lower price point). As a result, The Lost Legacy didn't come close to matching Uncharted 4's week one - selling less than half of that number - although it's a strong debut for a game that was originally pitched as DLC, and is likely to hang around in the charts for some time to come (note: this data does not include digital data).
Source: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...crash-bandicoot-from-top-of-uk-boxed-chartsof

vaderise

Stand alone expansion sells less than mainline title.
Quelle surprise.

I'm halfway through the game btw. It's not as good as Uncharted 4 but it's still preety good. Chloe is a much better Tomb Raider than Lara has ever been.

Fdkn

Considering every season pass owner already got it and that it was cheaper digitally for months until they announced the expanded scope, not really that surprising.

Azuardo

Oh yeah, that reminds me - did people who bought the Uncharted 4 season pass get this game for free in the end?

Edit: just seen above post. There we go then.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
bce6256f78f426a517da9106a62b63de.gif

I wonder if they account for people who got it as part of the season pass or whatever (link in OP isn't working for me).

But it's an awesome game, hope it does well for them.

oldmario

i wonder how the results would fare if they included digital downloads, i'm sure a lot of people bought the season pass thinking they'd get the game cheaper than buying it physically or stand alone when it released

BigDes

Didn't help that it was seemingly buried on the PSN store

Two days before release I had to do a search for the game to show up.

You would think a new Uncharted would get front page treatment but nope.

Loris146

Sold more than U2 first week when digital included according to KawabataSan here on neogaf.

Great result for a spin off.

Tyaren

Not surprising at all. Many people still haven't realized this is a full-fledged AAA game (even if on the shorter side) instead of just a DLC expansion.
There was very little hype going on before release and I felt the reviewers also weren't as impressed, not to say they seemed pretty critical of the game and the series. TLL is one of the best UCs, still it got the worst overall critical rating of a console UC.

bombshell

I wonder if they account for people who got it as part of the season pass or whatever (link in OP isn't working for me).

But it's an awesome game, hope it does well for them.

They don't, GfK data the statement is based on is retail sales only. Digital is not included here (or in the U4 number)

A lot of people have received LL from the season pass.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Was anyone expecting it to do gangbusters?

Stand alone non numbered title, as said, DLC that got ramped up, then released in Mid-August with a lower price point and most got it with the season pass

It's awesome it sold as much as it did

The real deal for game breaking sales comes next week with Destiny 2 release

Blam

Most people don't want a short standalone. But me on the other hand I"LL TAKE ANYTHING I GET.

I was surprised to read/listen to lots of reviewers talk about this game in the context of it being a full on game. Like, I understand that it's the length of a full game, but it seemed to get penalized in some areas because it "doesn't do anything different than UC4". Well yea, it's DLC from UC4...they don't usually change up the mechanics for DLC.

So this selling less than the mainline entry is not shocking at all.

It feels like it's being brought up negatively for being too big or ambitious of a DLC.

Lucifon

Well worth the £15 I paid for it back before the price increase. I had an absolute blast with it this bank holiday weekend. Loved it from beginning to end. I'm sure it'll be a steady seller, I imagine many grabbed it digital too.

Considering every season pass owner already got it and that it was cheaper digitally for months until they announced the expanded scope, not really that surprising.

I'm really at an edge when It comes to buying the game but after knowing this, I need to hold it until there's a sale. I didn't bother to look up before they rose the price, and now I regret it.

ffvorax

That is bad... I'm playing it and it's really worth buy for 39€ (that's the price on the EU store), it's basically an expansion with a new story, new places, everything is new! And it's long enough for what I heard (8h more or less, I'm at chap 7 and 6-7h in already... explored a lot the previous open area!)

BadWolf

That is bad... I'm playing it and it's really worth buy for 39€ (that's the price on the EU store), it's basically an expansion with a new story, new places, everything is new! And it's long enough for what I heard (8h more or less, I'm at chap 7 and 6-7h in already... explored a lot the previous open area!)

It's not.

After buying uc4 first day and not completing
It.... with it being the first time in the series I'm not surprised. Did they fix the story pacing issues in this one? Uc4 took a huge step back from a action perspective. All i want in uc is setpieces and mindless killings. Madagascar while beautiful didn't hook me and pushed me away.

I'm not surprised. Even though I loved UC4, I'm not really in the mood for more Uncharted just over a year later. I'll still probably get it around the holidays, though.

Top Bottom