• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid: Samus Returns commercial

Fat4all

Banned
One thing that stood out, how often does Nintendo throw in the "Summoning All Heroes" tagline in their commercial? I saw it was at the end of one of their Ever Oasis ads.

Probably just the tag line for their current marketing campaign. I'd expect to see it at the end of MO spots as well when those hit.

Jubenhimer

One thing that stood out, how often does Nintendo throw in the "Summoning All Heroes" tagline in their commercials? I saw it was at the end of one of their Ever Oasis ads.

They seem to reserve "Summoning All Heroes" for games targeting older audiences, since "There's no Play Like it" is a tagline used for when they're targeting kids.

yuoke

Banned
I just thought Nintendo was done with Metroid the way they treated it the passed 10 years. I'm happy they seem to care again.

They'll be done with it another 10 years if this doesn't sell....well at least with 2d metroid.

One thing that stood out, how often does Nintendo throw in the "Summoning All Heroes" tagline in their commercials? I saw it was at the end of one of their Ever Oasis ads.
They are teasing an Avengers like game with Tethu, Samus, Captain Falcon, Shulk and Dillon.
2019 on Switch, believe.

Short and sweet trailer, but so damned good!

My hype for this game really is reaching a fever pitch. Barely a fortnight left for what feels like the first real Metroid game in forever, and it's looking so, so bloody great!

The fact we know there's Metroid Prime 4 coming after is just icing on the cake. Nintendo have just been nailing it this year!

Lunar15

This game looks fantastic, and that commercial was great.

Summoning All Heroes? That's an interesting new tagline.

It's a late 2017 3DS game. So the amount of marketing it's getting is kinda surprising to me.

Hopefully it translates into decent sales.

Considering Samus Returns is also one of the bigger playable games they've been bringing out to every convention and being one of two with Odyssey playable at every Championship Qualifier, I'd say they got a fair bit of marketing into it already before this.

It's nice that Nintendo is seemingly getting commercials right after a generation of trash ones. This one seems is pretty good as are most of the Switch ones. The Pokken one is still garbage, tho.
I just thought Nintendo was done with Metroid the way they treated it the passed 10 years. I'm happy they seem to care again.
They announced a spin off while working on two mainline installments and fans through a hissy fit.
They wouldn't invest into two fairly big new installments if they didn't care

They announced a spin off while working on two mainline installments and fans through a hissy fit.
They wouldn't invest into two fairly big new installments if they didn't care

In retrospect they really should've waited on Fed Forces so they could've marketed all of them at once.

zooL

HYPE! I hope the tagline means Nintendo is focused on bringing some of the old heroes like Captain Falcon back into the spotlight as well... Switch would be a great platform for such experiments as it is so popular and attach rate is high.

Lunar15

Wonder if that is their new slogan? I kind of like it.

It looks like they use different slogans for different products. For new game releases, they use "Summoning All Heroes", but for kids focused offerings, like the New 2DS XL, they use "There's No Play Like It".

Makes sense. I've always said that Nintendo really needs to focus on the protagonists. That said, Summoning All Heroes sounds like it should be the catchphrase for Fire Emblem Heroes, lol.

yuoke

Banned
In retrospect they really should've waited on Fed Forces so they could've marketed all of them at once.

They very likely werent even thinking of starting prime yet when federation force came out, let alone when they originally announced it. They probably didn't even start Samus returns yet either before they announced FF.

Opa-Pa

DH3calXUQAEiyGT

Where have you been since June? They're investing a lot in the Metroid franchise. They're aware of the damage experimental titles made to the brand.

Like it or not Other M had a marketing push. Federation Force didn't because it was dead on arrival with that horrible word of mouth

To be honest, they really should of gotten this game out back all the way in 2013.

Not only would of it been during when the 3DS was still in its prime (hehe), it also would of been before AM2R could of gotten any significant media attention. I'm still really looking forward to it, but I'll admit it is kind of a weird time to release it right now, considering the 3DS is entering its twilight years and we already got a big Metroid 2 remake last year. But better than nothing I suppose.

Top Bottom