• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom USA: Plead Your Case for Ace Attorney 3 Contest!

I just read on courtrecords.net that Capcom USA has just opened a contest running from Feb 14-28th:

Capcom USA Forums said:
We've read your arguments on the forums but years of videogames have crippled our attention spans. As a result, we prefer to get our news in comic book form, and here's your chance! Presenting the "Ace Attorney: Plead Your Case contest".

Contest begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Standard Time ("EST"), Wednesday, February 14, 2007 and ends 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time (PST), Monday, February 28, 2007.

DESCRIPTION OF CONTEST: Using the comic and the talk bubbles templates provided, add your own text to plead your case for Capcom to bring Ace Attorney 3 to America! Creativity, humor, or even seriousness is welcome! We’ll review the cases and make our choice.

HOW TO ENTER/REQUIREMENTS: Submit your images and text to contest@capcom.com Please provide your name, address, phone number, and email address. Up to three (3) entries are allowed per person; only a person’s first three (3) submissions will be evaluated.

WINNER SELECTION - Capcom will evaluate all the entries and will determine three (3) winners. Winners will be selected on or about March 1, 2007 from all eligible entries received. By participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these official rules and Capcom’s decisions. Winners will be notified by email. All federal, state and local taxes, insurance, licensing, registration and title fees are the sole responsibility of the winner.

The speech bubbles PDF can be obtained here: http://www.ace-attorney.com/media/word_balloons.pdf
And the comic sheet over here: http://www.ace-attorney.com/media/pwa_comic_final_8x11.pdf
Prize shots: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

I know that the PWAA2 thread is not that far back but the AA community here is pretty big and I think this deserved a thread. Too bad jarosh hasn't been around Gaming Discussion recently :(. The images can be sent in .psd, .jpg format and I assume .pdf as well.

I think most of us agree that AA3 will be localized and this isn't really going to have much of an effect if it isn't but it could be fun at least. I think the AA fanbase will eat this up.

Find all the details here: http://www.capcom.com/BBS/showthread.php?t=12080

mollipen

Yeah, it's a cool and fun contest, but to me this pretty much confirms that it's coming over. No way would a company like Capcom based their decision to bring it over simply on this, nor taunt their fans with bringing the game over and then say, "Sorry, your contest entries sucked, no game for you!"

I've already come up with an idea actually although it doesn't relate to pleading for AA3, just some random scenario I came up. I don't think I can color though so I probably couldn't win :(.

BTW some other news for AA4 (character reveal).
Ema Skye has been confirmed and she looks hot.

Gigglepoo

Ranger X said:
Ace Attorney 3 for US confirmed! That's awesome news. :D

That's all I read.

I'm playing PWAA:JfA right now, immediately after dragging through Hotel Dusk. It's a breath of fresh air. The first case, the only one I've played, had me laughing out loud every couple minutes. I love Phoenix Wright! Bring on number 3.

Christian

This makes me say "WOW!" and "YAY!" simultaneously, thus resulting in something like "WAY!" or "YOW!" Awesome news, regardless. Definitely coming over, PW3 is. Erect, my penarz be.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
EphemeralDream said:
BTW some other news for AA4 (character reveal).
Ema Skye has been confirmed and she looks hot.

I clicked on this accidentally damnit! :lol Oh well, that's awesome news.

BuddyC

shidoshi said:
Yeah, it's a cool and fun contest, but to me this pretty much confirms that it's coming over. No way would a company like Capcom based their decision to bring it over simply on this, nor taunt their fans with bringing the game over and then say, "Sorry, your contest entries sucked, no game for you!"
Exactly. Hooray!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Sad_Panda said:
Nice way to confirm that PW AA 3 is coming stateside. Eh, I wonder how Godot will be named in the US version.
He will be called Godot dammit!!! Capcom better be reading this!

thefro

Yeah it sounds like in AA4
Emma is going to be a detective. And yes, she looks smokin' (she'll be 24/25 in this one)

Sad_Panda said:
Nice way to confirm that PW AA 3 is coming stateside. Eh, I wonder how Godot will be named in the US version.

Don't know what his name will be, but I'm sure we'll be waiting a long time for him.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Awesome. I'll be finishing the final chapter of PW2 within the hour. Can't wait for the sequel. I still can't believe how OMFG awesome Case 4 is turning out.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
thefro said:
Emma is going to be a detective. And yes, she looks smokin' (she's be 24/25 now)
So does this confirm that
there's something between Phoenix and her? Since he's wearing one of her pins on his beanie?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Alpha_eX said:
Of course not, that's why i'm asking.

Uh... we're taking the fact that they're even holding a contest as an early marketing tool, which they wouldn't bother with if they hadn't already decided to release it here.

painey

this is great, almost guaranteed its coming out in english! I hope this series runs and runs, I think phoenix wright games are excellent.

ant1532

Banned
**** yes! I'm very happy this is actually coming here.

And I was just bitching about it now being planned to come out in the US last month....

Hmm... Capcom does really read GAF I guess. :D

7Th

thefro said:
Emma is going to be a detective. And yes, she looks smokin' (she'll be 24/25 in this one)

She was better before...

431278434_m.gif

Haunted

ninj4junpei said:
There is only one man with the skills for this job.
jsignal.jpg
:lol :lol I haven't seen him around the Gaming Discussion forum recently though, like the OP mentioned already, d'oh. :(

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
XiaNaphryz said:
So does this confirm that
there's something between Phoenix and her? Since he's wearing one of her pins on his beanie?

uhhhh, well, if you really want to get crazy about it,
he also has a Fey magatama around his neck...

XiaNaphryz

jooey said:
uhhhh, well, if you really want to get crazy about it,
he also has a Fey magatama around his neck...
So he's just a pimp then.
Sister threesome confirmed? Though nailing Maya while transformed to Mia is all sorts of wrong...is that even considered a threesome? :D

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
ShockingAlberto said:
More like the second one.

Don't expect anything like Case 5 of the first game until GS4.

To tell you the truth, I haven't even played the first one. I'm still looking for it! Impossible to find...

All I know is that it used the touch screen in some unique ways that the Justice For All sequel didn't.

dirtmonkey37 said:
To tell you the truth, I haven't even played the first one. I'm still looking for it! Impossible to find...

All I know is that it used the touch screen in some unique ways that the Justice For All sequel didn't.

Actually, they just added a bonus case which was built specifically for the DS. The core game and JfA have essentially identical controls.

EphemeralDream said:
Capcom USA: Plead Your Case for Ace Attorney 3 Contest!

AKA, "We've already decided to bring this game to the U.S. but what better a way to get some good publicity to make the people THINK they're affecting change than a super duper viral marketing contenst a la the inter world wide web? HOLLA

XiaNaphryz

dirtmonkey37 said:
Really? I've always seen the first game up on Amazon and Walmart.com the last few months. Heck, it's in stock at Walmart.com right now!

Top Bottom