• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM PS4 / Switch Comparison Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerium

https://twitter.com/pixelpar/status/908279978332221442

DJrblBMWAAAKUEe.jpg

DJrbl_rXkAES4yH.jpg

DJrbnJ1XgAAUgJs.jpg

DJrboX1WAAAkolW.jpg

Obviously the graphics took a hit but it's impressive for what it is, particularly in close up shots like these.

Are these taken from the Direct last night? If so, I don't really think that's a fair comparison and we should wait for uncompressed footage.

gcubed

The first thing I thought when I saw the direct was not bad for the switch. It's definitely softer and blurrier but if it's the same game, who cares

CHC

Given the screen size (assuming undocked) it seems like it will be a negligible difference for most double dippers once it's up and running. And for new players, I think it looks pretty good.

It looks alright here but in some footage, especially when we see shooting, it's really different but still good for a console like the Switch. Curious to see a future good comparison.

CHC

If you're a Switch user I wouldn't hold your breath for 60 FPS. It could happen but it seems.... pretty ambitious to me.

ffvorax

I just hope it's 60fps, because it's one of the best things of the game! Better 60fps than graphic in this case.

orioto

Good Art™
From my pov those "switch" screens could be the ps4 one really compressed and slightly darker lol. I would wait to judge..

ozfunghi

The lighting being less pronounced makes it feel more natural to me. So that's fine by me. The third image, even in an image this small, does show noticable changes, less crispy.

Fbh

Going to wait until we have more footage and higher res pics for a real comparison.

But it's a less powerful console so a graphical downgrade is obvious. It's still awesome that we are getting this on a portable console.

Are we sure that the Switch gameplay was actually Switch gameplay?

It's comming out this year so there is definitely a version of the game already running on the switch.

It also looked worse than the Ps4/X1 version which would only leave the option of it either being the actual switch version (which makes the most sense) or the PC version with the graphical setting turned way down.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
If it's not 60fps I'll pass or wait for it to hit the bargain bin. I think it'll hit 60fps though, simply because Doom's engine is magic.

faridmon

All I care about is whether its 60 fps. I would take a substantial graphical hit if it guerntees stable FPS

Switch version looks like a launch 360 game. Scust.

What The fuck?

Are you saying that this looks like Project Dark Zero?

What is wrong with some people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom