• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix hiring @ BD6 (Bravely, Nier, DQ spinoffs, OT), hiring for next NieR game?

DKHF

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/recruit/career/group/6bd/nier.html

Square Enix have just put up a Business Division recruitment page for Business Division 6 for NieR (like the one for BD1 with FFVIIR, BD3 with KHIII) with messages from NieR series director Yoko Taro and NieR series producer Yosuke Saito. They are hiring for NieR scenario staff, for the next NieR game?

Though Business Division 6 work on other stuff, this page is obviously intended for NieR recruitment at least for now considering the header image and messages from Taro and Saito with no mention of any other franchises.

// Mod Edit:

To note, this isn't a Nier specific business division, but the job postings are for Nier.

Here's what else they work on, which basically consists of externally developed games in the Dragon Quest, Bravely Default, Nier, and Octopath Traveler franchises:

Business Division 6

Head
Yu Miyake

Notable Recent Projects
Dragon Quest X (2012-present) – co-developed by Orca
Dragon Quest Monsters 2 Iru To Ruka No Hushigina Kagi (2014) – developed by Tose
Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below (2015) – developed by Omega Force
Bravely Second: End Layer (2015) – developed by Silicon Studio
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King – 3DS (2015) – developed by Tose
Hoshi No Dragon Quest (2015-present) – developed by Game Studio
Fortune Tellers Academy (2016-present) – developed by Digital Works Entertainment
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 (2016) – developed by Tose
Dragon Quest Heroes II (2016) – developed by Omega Force
Nier Automata (2017) – developed by PlatinumGames
Bravely Default: Fairy's Effect (2017) – developed by Silicon Studio
Dragon Quest XI (2017) – co-developed by Orca (PS4) and Toylogic (3DS)
Dragon Quest Rivals (2017) – co-developed by ArtePiazza
Fortune Street Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary (2017)
Project Octopath Traveler (2018) – developed by Acquire

https://squarebd1.wordpress.com/all-of-square-enixs-business-divisions-detailed/

I wanna post-salt-giant apocalypse game set in Tokyo.

Don't got to be an RPG or anything just got to have those red-eyed zombie demons in it.

daevious

Of course the same timeline which gave us Trump as president and the rise of the alt-right would balance out by giving Yoko Taro a division just to let him be crazy.

I'm sure he'd appreciate the humour in it too.

Eolz

Wow, certainly didn't expect that.
Not sure how I feel about it though, I'd like Nier to not become some regular franchise.

kadotsu

Banned
I want to be Director of Animating Skin and Muscle Deformation on Stocking Tops, which is the most important job of the whole business division.

FiveSide

Banned
Everything checks out imo, my guess is they're gearing up for a new NieR as well.

And why wouldn't they? These aren't purely prestige projects anymore; after Automata, they're straight-up bankable.

Personally I think Square Enix has always had a bit of trouble cultivating portfolio franchises (i.e. anything not Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest). Parasite Eve was terribly mismanaged, Chrono never really got the time of day, Star Ocean recently fizzled...really hope they can stick the landing with NieR.

DKHF

My bad they are not opening Business Division 6, that division has already existed it just did not have its own recruitment page before, but it seems they are outwardly focusing on NieR in the division at the moment.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Summer Lesson style VR game with 2B and 9S where you teach them about cooking, take them on little adventures and show them how to love.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Does this mean PG is out for the sequel? Because they're the reason it's YT's best reviewed game

All of Business Division 6's games are developed externally, but they have support staff as well.

It's one of the divisions that functions like Enix did when they were a separate entity.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
BD6 has been around forever. They are a pretty huge division, lol. They made Bravely Default and DQ FFS

addik

What about Platinum?

I mean, I love Yoko Taro, but his chemistry with Saito and Platinum were one of the more endearing facets of the whole Nier: Automata's miraculous production.

Ruff

Haha, google translate makes it Knee A instead of Nier. I laughed when I realized.

Can't wait for the new one, hope it has a budget!

Koozek

What about Platinum?

I mean, I love Yoko Taro, but his chemistry with Saito and Platinum were one of the more endearing facets of the whole Nier: Automata's miraculous production.
:
All of Business Division 6's games are developed externally, but they have support staff as well.

It's one of the divisions that functions like Enix did when they were a separate entity.

DKHF

Business Division 6 work on other games, but this new page is obviously intended only for NieR recruitment at least for the time being considering the header image and it's only got messages from Yoko Taro and Saito with both being labelled just for their roles on NieR.

Instro

What about Bravely Third? I think it was confirmed Octopath Traveler is not being made by the bravely team.
Well it is, in that it has the same director/producer or whatever, just working with Acquire instead. The rest of the team was Silicon Studio, and I don't think we know if they are currently working with SE on anything.

Ferr986

Hmmmn... Not sure what to think honestly. There's no point in making Nier if they're only in name IMO. Rather see him doing new IPs right now.

Top Bottom