• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty |OT| Riverdale's Vicious Ambitious Delicious Companion - Wed 9/8c on The CW

Joni

BkDxtsO.jpg

Created by Josh Schwartz, Stephanie Savage and Sallie Patrick, the new Dynasty follows two of America’s wealthiest families, the Carringtons and the Colbys, as they feud for control over their fortune and their children. The series will be told primarily through the perspectives of two women at odds: Fallon Carrington, daughter of billionaire Blake Carrington, and her soon-to-be stepmother, Cristal, a Hispanic woman marrying into this WASP family and America’s most powerful class. Patrick wrote the pilot episode and executive produces with Schwartz and Savage.

Cast:
- Grant Show as Blake Carrington
- Nathalie Kelley as Cristal Flores
- Elizabeth Gillies as Fallon Carrington
- James Mackay as Steven Carrington
- Alan Dale as Joseph Anders
- Sam Adegoke as Jeff Colby
- Robert Christopher Riley as Michael Culhane
- Rafael de La Fuente as Sam Josiah "Sammy Jo" Flores

nVYB3Qu.jpg

Rated-G

One of my best friends is starring in this, I’m definitely in. Also one of a handful of occasions where I can actually see the appeal of rebooting/remaking something, there’s a lot that can be done with a more contemporary version of this show, and with what a surprise Riverdale ended up being last season, I’m optimistic.

Joni

One of my best friends is starring in this, I'm definitely in. Also one of a handful of occasions where I can actually see the appeal of rebooting/remaking something, there's a lot that can be done with a more contemporary version of this show, and with what a surprise Riverdale ended up being last season, I'm optimistic.

Okay, spill the beans! Who is it? We need to cheer him or her on.

Rated-G

Oh wow, even one of the big three in the show. I'm going to guess she is trained in fake slaps by now.

lol she did fight training with Nathalie Kelley earlier this year while she was still recovering from an appendectomy. I’ve been so curious to see how much of that ends up going on screen.

I was watching the original show with her a few weeks ago, and considering how iconic the cat fights are, we were surprised that the first one doesn’t actually happen until like half through the second season (and was such a long time coming) so it’s funny that there’s one right away in the pilot of this one.

main dude looks almost uncannily like Roger Moore Bond on that poster.

I'm not really familiar with this show, other than how popular it was of course. hopefully its a more successful revival than Dallas got.

Another CW show with impossibly beautiful people? Will probably check out to add to my growing list of guilty pleasure viewings!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Dynasty Season 1: The Slap Season 2

I might check this out.

Joni

lol she did fight training with Nathalie Kelley earlier this year while she was still recovering from an appendectomy. I’ve been so curious to see how much of that ends up going on screen.

I hope they at least skip the appendectomy.

I was watching the original show with her a few weeks ago, and considering how iconic the cat fights are, we were surprised that the first one doesn’t actually happen until like half through the second season (and was such a long time coming) so it’s funny that there’s one right away in the pilot of this one.

It is really only the addition of Joan Collins that spiced up the original version. The show needed its villain. It is one of the lessons this version needs to know.

Rated-G

Well, bias aside, I enjoyed the pilot. It definitely had the usual kind of issues pilots have, hit or miss expository scenes etc. but I’m definitely liking the nods to the original as well as the deviations. I’m on board for more.

Super proud of Liz, can’t wait to see more of her getting to chew scenery, and honestly the whole crew, I hope the show does well, I know they’ve all enjoyed working on the show, have been having a lot of fun, and have been super anxious about losing that.

Joni

Liked the pilot! It didn't feel like the typical Josh Schwartz show but it brings the required soap level.

Rated-G

I’m definitely enjoying this, episode 2 was fun. They’ve done a good job with the cliffhangers without them feeling as cheesy as in the original show. I feel like this has so far shown a good balance of soapy camp and contemporary drama. I’m really hoping it’s doing well in streaming and app numbers and such, because the live ratings have been pretty flat, but definitely not the worst performing on CW currently. I’m rooting for this show for sure.

Getting ready to rewatch the first two episodes with Liz this time, so this should be interesting.

Top Bottom