• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Paper Mario Wii preview and video (Second coming of Jesus, fools!)

Espada

Amir0x said:
YES

YES

OH GOD YES RIGHT IN MY FACE OH ALL OVER MY TITS YES1

SPLOOGE.gif

MONEY SHOT! :lol

Wow, glad to see SPM back. Hope confirmed.

vasuba

Banned
Totally awesome how they implemented the 3D shift into the game to hide different paths etc.

So sweet to see how the door looks blocked but low and behold its not in 3d

vasuba

Banned
Espada said:
There were rumblings that it was dead/cancelled... when it reality it had simply moved over to the Wii.

Its released April 9th in the US. Nintendo did a press release a short while back

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Espada said:
There were rumblings that it was dead/cancelled... when it reality it had simply moved over to the Wii.

Dude, Nintendo's known for doing some retarded shit sometimes, but I don't think they would can a Mario platformer spinoff, while greenlighting filth like DDR Mario. :lol

Espada

Oblivion said:
Dude, Nintendo's known for doing some retarded shit sometimes, but I don't think they would can a Mario platformer spinoff, while greenlighting filth like DDR Mario. :lol

:lol That's where the H-OPE kicks in, yo. I'm loving the 3D switch going on, reminds me of the clever little places the shards in TTYD were hidden.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Ok I've been quite sceptic regarding this game so far, but that tutorial video was awesome. Is it out in one month? In US only though, right?

GS preview is glowing

The game will sport a similarly endearing art style that has become synonymous with the Paper Mario name, though being on the Wii it looks cleaner, smoother and more detailed. Our time with Super Paper Mario left us with an overwhelmingly positive impression, and there seem to be few upcoming Wii titles that hold as much promise. Super Paper Mario is currently set to hit the US April 9th.

Very impressive, looks like there could be all manner of fiendish puzzles using just that 2d/3d flip. We need a Euro release date.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Amazing. I'm pleased to hear that they've kept the RPG elements in, even if it's now more ARPG than Turn-Based RPG. Kudos IS. Seems like a nice evolution of the Paper Mario formula. The 2D-3D thing was always exciting, but seeing it again... I'm still floored.

Haunted

Amir0x said:
YES

YES

OH GOD YES RIGHT IN MY FACE OH ALL OVER MY TITS YES1
:lol :lol :lol :lol

I actually hate to use more than two smileys, but that post... that one was worth it.

dkeane

Looks ****ing awesome! So close.

Also there's a multiplayer Zelda: PH video up too. Looks good but the person playing has no idea how to pick stuff up. It's frustrating.

KINGMOKU

You know, I wish this game didnt exist. I LOVE the way it looks, and it looks like it could be a blast to play, and another awesome ****ing game in the Mario universe, but, I think this game will allow Nintendo to delay Galaxy into next year.

So screw this awesome new Mario game I really want to play, becuase it will cause a delay an awesomer new Mario that I really, really want to play.

GALAXY THIS YEAR NINTENDO

Damn it.

I'm Soooo ****ing buying this the day it hits. Looks great

How are you guys watching this? I've never been able to watch a complete video on gamevideos, and this SPM video stops 0.5 seconds in as well. Even the ad in the beginning takes me > 5 minutes to get through. :/

dkeane

Zerodoppler said:
How are you guys watching this? I've never been able to watch a complete video on gamevideos, and this SPM video stops 0.5 seconds in as well. Even the ad in the beginning takes me > 5 minutes to get through. :/
Just download the .mov file.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I saw the SPM and Zelda: PH vids via streaming. No issues. Just finished watching Zelda. Dude playing it clearly had no clue what was going on. Waste.

studio810 said:
Just download the .mov file.

I've tried that as well, but it gets cut off a few percent in, and it won't let me resume. Perhaps I should try another browser (currently using Opera).

polg

where did I put that box of tissue papers! I made a mess!!!!!

marc^o^ said:
So it's out in 4 weeks. Datel better release a freeloader by then.

true... or maybe it will be announced soon in Pal land... (not)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
OMG!

I NEED TO FIND A WII!

Edit: I take that back, it's the only Q2 game I want.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
God, can't get the video to load for the life of me. Dammit

MaddenNFL64

Wow, the 2d/3d transition is a real treat. The puzzles will be awesome :).

The PH multi footage was horrible. The guy didn't know how to double tap the screen (even though he did it once). Was hard to watch his suckitude.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Wow, just watched the video...it looks completely amazing. Can't wait for April 9th

Top Bottom