• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Robert Guillaume (Voice of Eli Vance) has died

Man was Rafiki.

RIP
rafiki_the_ninja_by_mvtphotography-d5ko2hy.gif

My favorite part

Blam

Damn I didn't really know him for much else other then Half-life.

Sucks to see another one go to cancer.

Rixxan

RIP

Will never forget the harrowing end of episode 2 - he contributed greatly to the excellence of half life 2 and its episodes

Half-Life 2: Episode 2 release date October 10, 2007
Robert Guillaume's death: October 24, 2017

He died ten years and 14 days after his character died in Episode 2, weird coincidence.

RIP Robert Guillaume, kijed you as both Rafiki and Eli.

olag

RIP Man. Cant say I remember you from HL2 all that well but your role in the Lion King made you a big part of my childhood.

Benson was Eli!!! I never got that....

Yup same here never occurred to me that Benson and Eli was played by same actore. LIke many others I knew him first and for most as Benson. Damn he was a cool dude in everything he starred in. Damn good innings though at 89 and he had a full life.

-BLITZ-

I will miss him. Eli Vance character was perfectly made for his voice to be used, but I never thought is the voice of Rafiki from Lion King too. That's amazing.

Now what we are going to do with HL3. Even if
Eli is dead now
, to bring back him as memory into the story you still need new lines with his voice. Gaaabe....

Blows my mind how he just looks exactly like Eli.

Well, it's not that mindblowing i guess. Half Life 2 had some good faces, even today

Top Bottom