• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People that impersonate you on other forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

RinsFury

I post on another forum as Just_a_Mouse, and noticed today that somebody had registered an account there with my gaf username and avatar. Needless to say this was chilling and I reported the account immediately.

Has anyone else encountered this form of cyberstalking/bullying?

Nia

Someone actually did, but on a stream. I left a stream I used to moderate, then someone took my name. It was weird. I had to prove my identity. The whole stream eventually went up in smoke and the streamer went on to create Yandere Simulator.

OrionFalls

I post on another forum as Just_a_Mouse, and noticed today that somebody had registered an account there with my gaf username and avatar. Needless to say this was chilling and I reported the account immediately.

Are you sure it’s cyber stalking? Are you sure it’s not just a coincidental use of a forum name?

Blam

Someone actually did, but on a stream. I left a stream I used to moderate, then someone took my name. It was weird. I had to prove my identity. The whole stream eventually went up in smoke and the streamer went on to create Yandere Simulator.

I guess it worked out for the best so there's that.

entremet

GAF has traditionally had splinter hate sites that have been up to shenanigans like these for a bit now.

Battlechili

Banned
Yeah actually.
You know how a lot of gaming news sites use Disqus for their comment sections?

Someone made a Disqus account with my username and a Suzaku avatar (from Code Geass) and started posting and commenting on the same news sites that I do with similar posts to mine, except a bit more exaggerated. Said person also compiled a large image featuring the various accounts I have on various websites, a picture of me, and potentially embarrassing posts I've made on the internet. He also added me on Steam to "negotiate" with me and in the mean time he went through my friends list and friended as many people as possible so that he could blackmail me to them. Apparently, this guy was doing it because he found my posts promoting PC gaming annoying. I don't exactly go around posting PCMR stuff, but he still took my posts as looking down on consoles, and as a result he did all this and ultimately tried to push me to buy a PS4.

He eventually apologized to me for all this though, and ever since then he hasn't done anything stalker-ish.

Astral Dog

yeah i just saw someone with your Avatar banned on another forum

RinsFury

Thankfully the staff at this other forum were professional about dealing with this trash. It's just eerie when you see somebody pretending to be you. This has been bothering me all day.

It must have been dreadful for you....hope you are doing okay now. I was cyber bullied once, I was told I couldn't be a cyber bully and it hurt my feelings very much.

WTF? To stalk you just have to be around, watching. To bully you have to do shit. SMH

ლ(`ー´ლ)

OrionFalls

This. That place is downright pathetic.
So...why are you here?

source.gif

Maybe it's a fan of yours. Do you get mobbed in public? Are you famous? What's your favorite color?

RainblowDash

Gold Member

They post just like you on the other forum though, weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom