• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Ace Combat 6 & Katamari heading to 360?

bloke

Apparently three new Xbox 360 titles were just added to BlockBuster’s database and they’re rather interesting ones too. We just got three juicy cellphone pics of what appears to be BlockBuster’s register computer, showing off three titles that were previously exclusive to other platforms. According to BlockBuster’s database we’ll see ‘Beautiful Katamari’, ‘Warhammer: Mark of Chaos’ and ‘Ace Combat 6′ on the Xbox 360 sometime in the future.
beautiful.jpg

acecombat6.jpg

Fires of Liberation eh?

http://www.xboxic.com/news/2595

arne

_dementia said:
Holy shit Xbox 2 confirmed

this is the real news. amazed everybody glossed over this.

where's the guy who is always talking about "XBOX2"? he needs to get in here stat.

SleazyC

So doesn't EB and Gamestop also put new releases like this in their computers when they may not even be announced?

I'm not sure what to take of this but I really would like to see a next-gen Ace Combat on the 360 or PS3.

Mmmkay

I was under the impression Katamari would be an XBLA title. I think it would perhaps be better suited as one at least. I'm looking forward to it regardless.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
zomgzorzz

I was hoping Katamari would be an XBLA thing. Not paying $40-60 for more of the same.

Mmmkay said:
I was under the impression Katamari would be an XBLA title. I think it would perhaps be better suited as one at least. I'm looking forward to it regardless.

HELL no. I want gigs of world swallowing power. GIGS.

I thought we knew about a 360 version of Katamari for awhile now. Didn't we? At least I remember hearing about it before. And I expected either Ace Combat or Tekken to appear on the 360 ever since the Namco rumors started to swirl.

jet1911

Doom_Bringer said:
last three Ace combat games have sucked....

anyway we got warhawk, nothing to worry about

:lol

If AC6 was announced/rumored to be a PS3 game would you have the same reaction? ;)

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
If you've got a PS2, you can pick up Katamari Damacy (the original and the best) for less than 10 bucks.

Don't have a PS2 anymore. I'll wait for when I get a PS3 if the 360 rumor doesn't pan out.

MomoPufflet said:
Random games added to Blockbuster's system = news?
The fact that AC6 has a name like "Fires of Liberation" is interesting, unlikely that would be made up so that release info is coming from somewhere. It's not a confirmation but much more interesting than if it just randomly said "Ace Combat 6" with no subtitle.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

yeah the trade marked 3 Ace Combat liberation titles as well. Rumor is probably true, Dave Perry from IGN was hinting at this too some time ago.

jet1911 said:
:lol

If AC6 was announced/rumored to be a PS3 game would you have the same reaction? ;)

maybe if it was made by the Ace Combat 4 team, then I would care. But seeing Namco's latest works, it will probably look like a PS2.5 game in HD with no online play.

meh to that I say

Espada

Doom_Bringer said:
last three Ace combat games have sucked....

anyway we got warhawk, nothing to worry about

Random-CompletelyOff.gif

Now all we need is something crazy like Soul Calibur exclusive on 360 for things to get wild around here. Hopefully this is true and we get screens of next gen Ace Combat.

jet1911

Doom_Bringer said:
maybe if it was made by the Ace Combat 4 team, then I would care. But seeing Namco's latest works, it will probably look like a PS2.5 game in HD with no online play.

meh to that I say

Call me crazy but I still have faith in Namco.

pswii60

Espada said:
Random-CompletelyOff.gif

Now all we need is something crazy like Soul Calibur exclusive on 360 for things to get wild around here. Hopefully this is true and we get screens of next gen Ace Combat.

Does he dislocate his leg from his groin after missing the ball? ouch!

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
IMO, if there was ever a game that was screaming for Wiimote or Sixaxis functionality its Katamari. Its puzzling to me that they would release one for the 360 instead. Granted, the 360 has a larger user base but I sort of think that a game like Katamari would be of greater interest to Wii or PS3 owners. Its not an XBLA game is it? If it is then I retract my last statement...as I could see it doing well on XBLA.

Il Comodino

sorry about his english
Espada said:
Random-CompletelyOff.gif

OH god van persie :lol

REV 09

as a former blockbuster employee, i can at least confirm that those are shots of the blockbuster database...and when i worked there, i noticed quite often that games would enter our system before they were announced, only to be announced later on.

Top Bottom