• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mystery "Famitsu"/Project Aces/Namco image mystery solved?

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Game Spark is claiming the now-famous images that showed up on 2ch last week are from a focus group Namco held:

http://www.gamespark.jp/modules/news/index.php?p=1699

Dig the chastening tone! It's quite amusing how Western media associated these with the PSTriple and Cellius.

Apparently, the images are leaks from a Japanese focus group company hired by Namco. If consumer reaction was positive, they would be developed into game(s).

u_neek

Aokage said:
Apparently, the images are leaks from a Japanese focus group company hired by Namco. If consumer reaction was positive, they would be developed into game(s).
Meh, see ya in 3 years :/

le.phat

先日より海外で話題となっている謎のタイトル、Brave Arms、Chain Limit、Secondという3本の新作。 一部サイトではバンダイナムコとSCEの合弁会社、セリウスから期待の独占タイトル発表として紹介されたりもしているのですが、その"ファミ通のスキャン"だという画像、なんだかどうも妙な感じで…

??

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
What the shit?

So they hired a focus group to test the public's reaction on a new IP before they start developing it? Is this what the gaming industry has come to?

What's next, Hollywood will pitch a movie idea to a focus group so that they can determine if it is worth making the movie?

Vark

reilo said:
What the shit?

So they hired a focus group to test the public's reaction on a new IP before they start developing it? Is this what the gaming industry has come to?

What's next, Hollywood will pitch a movie idea to a focus group so that they can determine if it is worth making the movie?

Please be sarcasm.

reilo said:
What the shit?

uh.. this is standard practice in.. well, almost all industries. Hollywood much more so than gaming.

Busty

Banned
Linkup said:
Hope they picked Brave Arm.

Agreed. The other two looked a little...... well, shitty for want of a better word.

Part of me is disappointed that these were merely mock ups, I would have loved to have seen a developer really push one of the more capable formats to produce something like this.....

Hopefully in a couple of years we'll see games reaching that level of graphical performance?

But in saying that, when and if these games do finally show, I have absolutely no faith wahsoever that they are going to look anything like those renders/mock ups.

I'm not saying that it can't be done by a more talented developer or studio, I'm just saying that I don't think NAMCO (perhaps outside CELLIUS) have it in them right now to pull something like this out of the bag.

But as always, we shall see.

reilo said:
What the shit?

whatdog.gif

Busty

Banned
DarknessTear said:
What, no love for Chain Limit?

I'm afraid I have no love for the chain of events this game boasts.

icecream said:
They actually do that, you know...

You wouldn't believe some of things I've heard over the years. You really wouldn't.

All I'm going to say is this. Paramount trying to pitch Star Trek series concepts using not actors......but Puppets.

Seriously.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
DarknessTear said:
What, no love for Chain Limit?

Hero freefalling out of an exploding something, inexplicably refusing to release his clutch on his favorite umbrella, whilst under attack from a MIG-29, which has launched a missile from point blank range directly targeted at HIS FACE?

Yeah, I was intrigued.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Sarcasm detectors people! Sarcasm!

Although I still don't like that some publishers/developers are doing this.

Fady K

Not that the-magicbox.com is reliable or anything, but they posted these three are new PS3 games :/ Any official confirmations yet?? Not sure what;s going on

Jonnyram

reilo said:
Although I still don't like that some publishers/developers are doing this.
Actually I wish more developers would do it. Then we would only have ourselves to blame when the game ends up being shit.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Fady K said:
Not that the-magicbox.com is reliable or anything, but they posted these three are new PS3 games :/ Any official confirmations yet?? Not sure what;s going on

Please don't use the-magicbox.com for news. (don't use neogaf either for that matter :) )

Kafel

Banned
reilo said:
What the shit?

I totally agree, if editors have to ask gamers what games they will produce because the development costs are rising, it's pretty sad.

Beware at LOTR/GTA clones.

Feel the power of creation in the art of video-games.

hyonoid

le.phat said:

:)

From the other day title of the puzzle which becomes topic in the foreign country, the new work 3, Brave Arms, Chain Limit and Second. With the part sight it is introduced and/or the joint corporation of [bandainamuko] and SCE, as monopoly title announcement of expectation from the cicely mortar it is, to have done, but the picture that, it is what, " the [huami] scan “is, very with the strange feeling…

:D

Fady K

Tempy said:
Please don't use the-magicbox.com for news. (don't use neogaf either for that matter :) )

Yeah i know, the-magicbox aint very reliable, if at all. I just hope these are actual games and not focus group projects only >_<

Busty said:
You wouldn't believe some of things I've heard over the years. You really wouldn't.

All I'm going to say is this. Paramount trying to pitch Star Trek series concepts using not actors......but Puppets.

Seriously.

what.

tell me more

Top Bottom