• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store - 4/12 (MKII so far)

Jim

That's all we know so far... at least 3 people are looking forward to MKII I'm sure :)

Get ready to re-live all of the classic arcade action that made Mortal Kombat II a beloved classic. Brought back and available for download exclusively on the PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system, re-experience the classic head-to-head fighting game featuring classic characters such as Sub-Zero or Goro. Players will fight their way through the Outworld and defeat Shang Tsung or battle hidden characters including Jade and Smoke!

Features:

Replay All The Favorite Characters or Unlock Hidden Ones – Choose to be 1 of 12 characters; freeze enemies as Sub-Zero or possess Raiden’s god-like thunder powers! Unlock hidden opponents with Mortal Kombat knowledge and skills.

Head-to-head Combat in 10 Unique Levels – Use an array of combos to crush enemies before they crush you! Take the fight to one of 10 unique levels. Uppercut enemies in The Dead Pool to a nice acid bath or knock enemies into a pitfall in The Pit!

Control Enemies’ Fate – Select which combo move to perform at the end of a match to determine one of three special endings (Fatality, Friendship or Babality)

Multiplayer Action – Play online against other players through the PLAYSTATION® Network. Track wins and see how players are stacking up against each other through dedicated leader boards.

Mortal Kombat II is scheduled to launch on April 12, 2007, on the PLAYSTATION Network for the suggested retail price of $4.99

spwolf

when is calling all cars coming out? I have $20.01 left in my account and I have to spend it wisely.

:lol

Jim

spwolf said:
when is calling all cars coming out? I have $20.01 left in my account and I have to spend it wisely.

:lol

CaC is supposed to be next week. With Go Puzzle the following and then Super Rub a Dub the next. But we know how these things work...

Surreal

Jim said:
CaC is supposed to be next week. With Go Puzzle the following and then Super Rub a Dub the next. But we know how these things work...

The Home Beta will probably be a Thursday, it has to fit in there somewhere.

Crisis

Banned
Get ready to re-live all of the classic arcade action that made Mortal Kombat II a beloved classic. Brought back and available for download exclusively on the PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system, re-experience the classic head-to-head fighting game featuring classic characters such as Sub-Zero or Goro. Players will fight their way through the Outworld and defeat Shang Tsung or battle hidden characters including Jade and Smoke!

Features:

Replay All The Favorite Characters or Unlock Hidden Ones – Choose to be 1 of 12 characters; freeze enemies as Sub-Zero or possess Raiden’s god-like thunder powers! Unlock hidden opponents with Mortal Kombat knowledge and skills.

Head-to-head Combat in 10 Unique Levels – Use an array of combos to crush enemies before they crush you! Take the fight to one of 10 unique levels. Uppercut enemies in The Dead Pool to a nice acid bath or knock enemies into a pitfall in The Pit!

Control Enemies’ Fate – Select which combo move to perform at the end of a match to determine one of three special endings (Fatality, Friendship or Babality)

Multiplayer Action – Play online against other players through the PLAYSTATION® Network. Track wins and see how players are stacking up against each other through dedicated leader boards.

Mortal Kombat II is scheduled to launch on April 12, 2007, on the PLAYSTATION Network for the suggested retail price of $4.99

Goro isn't in MKII at all, is he? I thought Kintaro was the sub-boss.

I3rand0

Jim said:
Thanks for the heads up, what's Go Puzzle?

spwolf

Surreal said:
The Home Beta will probably be a Thursday, it has to fit in there somewhere.

I wouldnt be suprised if it is last day of April :).

And plus, you have to sign up for it and it will be for only 15,000 users... so it wont be part of Thursday package....

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Sure would be nice if the Ultimate Alliance character packs came over so I didn't have to get my lazy butt up and go trade in my ps3 version to get the x360 version...

Anyanka

Crisis said:
Goro isn't in MKII at all, is he? I thought Kintaro was the sub-boss.

In the Deadpool you have to uppercut the opponent onto a hook and the door will open and Goro will walk out to fight you.

Chris_C

Not a big MK fan (I suck) but for $5 and online play, I think I might as well. If only it was SF though. (I suck at that too, but I suck less at that).

Ryu1999

Anyanka said:
In the Deadpool you have to uppercut the opponent onto a hook and the door will open and Goro will walk out to fight you.

GAy.jpg

DarienA said:
Sure would be nice if the Ultimate Alliance character packs came over so I didn't have to get my lazy butt up and go trade in my ps3 version to get the x360 version...

To the Marvel lord's ears, post. Godspeed.

Tabris

Oh, wow, ONLINE PLAY! Too bad I don't like Mortal Kombat but the prospect of them bringing online play to other arcade titles is exciting!!

Zeenbor

Anyanka said:

Amusing, but no. Goro is not in MKII in any capacity. I miss when the mythos of a fighting game's story bred rumors like this, though.

Zeenbor said:
MOOOOOOORTAAAAAAAAAL KOMBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT!!!!

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, YES, Y E S, YESSIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been waiting for this moment since hearing about the old SNES/Genesis modems, way back in the day.

In commemoration of this FINALLY happening... The most badass videogame commercial evar... the MK2 commercial. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JLQ_4FIh6Y&mode=related&search=

that commercial was better than the whole second movie

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Super Rub A Dub - i got this with a European account....

looks fairly nice, doesn't play too great though.

Weird install too - i downloaded the 'full version' right away and it didn't work (not a surprise given it was 100kb) - so you have to download the demo first, then the 100kb unlock key - which was a little weird, but hey...

water looked very nice, made me thirsty.

hmmm.....TOUGH DECISION!

you... prefer MK2 over Cac?

or... you prefer Cack over CAC ?

The Jer

calder said:
I wish I liked fighting games. :(

It's nostalgia for me, more than anything else. I wasn't much of a gamer back in the day, but I had friends who were.... and everybody played MK or MK II at some point. I had this game for Game Boy. I remember crowding around with 5 or so people on a little ~5" portable TV screen. And playing at arcades. And Mortal Kombat II being the first (and only) game I played on the 32X. I was always horrible at the game and I'm not much of a fighting game fan. But, ya.... I look forward to this. I'll get this for nostalgia and a quick game I can play from the XMB when freinds come over. And online play for $5 makes this a no-brainer, regardless.

Raistlin

So, $5 for the best Mortal Kombat game in the series ... plus it's online!?!

Nice!

It's cool playing the emus where you can pick which revision to play (I love screwing around with the bugs) ... but online play makes this version definitive.

Raistlin

Zeenbor said:
Amusing, but no. Goro is not in MKII in any capacity. I miss when the mythos of a fighting game's story bred rumors like this, though.

Noob Saibot

never forget

PS360

Banned
Zeenbor said:
MOOOOOOORTAAAAAAAAAL KOMBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT!!!!

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, YES, Y E S, YESSIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been waiting for this moment since hearing about the old SNES/Genesis modems, way back in the day.

In commemoration of this FINALLY happening... The most badass videogame commercial evar... the MK2 commercial. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JLQ_4FIh6Y&mode=related&search=

Thanks for the link.

Youtube comments are the best:

nica611 (4 months ago)
I used to play this game in my Super Nintendo. That's so super fab!

Oh i knoooow, Mortal Kombat 2 wath thooooo thuper fab!

Agent X

I'll get Mortal Kombat II. It's been weeks since they put up any downloadable games, but it looks like the drought is finally over.

Zoe

Top Bottom