• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii is bringing back dormant gamers (And more sociable!)- Enterbrain

www.nintendo-inside.jp
http://it.nikkei.co.jp/
The owner questionnaire of new game machine "Wii (We)" was made public on the 13th, and Entarbran of the game technical journal issue (Tokyo and Chiyoda) was announced that the total of the new user who touched the game for the first time with the recurrence user who had not been touching the game for three years or more was 46%.

The rest states its either 32.5% more than other consoles or other are 32.5% can't quite work it out

Wii when you ask you play with someone, “you play with the family”, that the person who is answered 2-3 time it was many in comparison with the other game machine. The place where the game is done the living room of the home in the center, the actual condition which is accepted to family layer in comparison with the other game machine whose your own room are many, became clear.
2-3times as many people play Wii with family than any other console and Wii is likely to be in the living room rather than your own or another room compared to other consoles.

Goes on to say Virtual Console is a BIG draw to people.

Monk

Banned
Yeah we know but this has survey backing and not one lone person's family. So i dont think can argue that it was simply just Nintendo gamers buying the system.

ethelred said:
I know I can't be the only one who is completely ****ing sick and tired of "Wii is doing X!" threads.

Why not, there's not exactly any new game news on ANY platform at the moment. (You'd still think E3 was coming up in a couple of weeks wouldn't you??)

The title is quite clear as to what the thread is so can easily be avoided??

Alex

ethelred said:
I know I can't be the only one who is completely ****ing sick and tired of "Wii is doing X!" threads.

I do like the Wii, and where it's going, in terms of software. But welcome to new age GAF, where what old women play, angry jaded reviewers do, and sales charts dictate rules all.

Well it certainly applies to my family. Wii holds prime real estate in the living room, mainly due to its size, aesthetic and of course, the fact that everyone plays it.

Today, my mom picked up Wiiplay for herself and the family.
I've gotten past the OMGwtf factor of my parents' newfound interest in games, but it still catches me off guard.

watership

More gamers is good for Nintendo. But if the quality of games they keep planning and releasing for the Wii doesn't change, its a disaster for good games.

Branduil

ethelred said:

It's not likely to stop anytime soon. At least this is an actual survey and not just a fluff piece.

Monk

Banned
watership said:
More gamers is good for Nintendo. But if the quality of games they keep planning and releasing for the Wii doesn't change, its a disaster for good games.

?? Wii sports and Wii play not quality??

watership

Monk said:
?? Wii sports and Wii play not quality??

Wii sports is an experiement. Its not a full game. Wii play wasn't so hot. Mini games collections do not make a good variety of games. All we'll have is PSP ports, remakes, the same 10 Nintendo IPS and ..yes. mini games. They'll make more of he same over and over again.

Monk

Banned
watership said:
Wii sports is an experiement. Its not a full game. Wii play wasn't so hot. Mini games collections do not make a good variety of games. All we'll have is PSP ports, remakes, the same 10 Nintendo IPS and ..yes. mini games. They'll make more of he same over and over again.

I disagree. I think wii sports is a game that was made perfectly in regards to the audience it was made for.

Joe Molotov

ethelred said:

Don't worry. I'm sure that by the end of the year, the Wii's total domination will become mundane and commonplace like the DS, and you won't have to hear about it as much anymore.

watership said:

Although I most definitely want a game industry that's as varied as possible, there's a small part of me that's enjoying seeing some people finally realize what it's like to see gaming completely alienate them for a change.

watership said:
Wii sports is an experiement. Its not a full game.
How is it not a full game? I'm really getting tired of people acting like Wii Sports is some super-simple compilation. I mean it is easy to pick up and play but some of the games themselves have a little more depth then many people realize, and furthermore there is a pretty in depth training mode, and a fitness test which can track and evaluate your performance which you can then view on a chart and monitor your progress. I mean, I'm not delusional, I know it doesn't have the same depth as a game like Madden, but there is a decent amount of content there. I know I definitely have played Wii Sports more then I do 90% of games I've ever owned, I've played it pretty regularly since I got my Wii at launch.

watership

Mariah Carey said:
Although I most definitely want a game industry that's as varied as possible, there's a small part of me that's enjoying seeing some people finally realize what it's like to see gaming completely alienate them for a change.

I too like that the industry is growing. There are so many people excited to post that they're parents play games with them now, and their grandparents love the Wii. It seems to me like they want some sort of valadation to their gaming. I love gaming.. OH BUT SO DOES MY GRANDMA. If the Wii has a wide variaty of games, then my argument shall be dismissed.

The Gamecube launched and within a MONTH had Rogue Squadren II, Super Monkey Ball, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3, Super Smash Bros Melee, Pikmin, and SSX Tricky. That was a fantastic launch compared to the Wii. Wii launch +6 months and how many great games are they're on the Wii? It's selling fantastic for all the wrong reasons. There isn't anything worth playing on it and yet its exploding on the market. The publishers take notice. That Wii sports is a smash. More coming. Red Steel (utter garbage) sold amazingly, more coming.

The Wii is in real trouble.

watership said:
I too like that the industry is growing. There are so many people excited to post that they're parents play games with them now, and their grandparents love the Wii. It seems to me like they want some sort of valadation to their gaming. I love gaming.. OH BUT SO DOES MY GRANDMA. If the Wii has a wide variaty of games, then my argument shall be dismissed.

The Gamecube launched and within a MONTH had Rogue Squadren II, Super Monkey Ball, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3, Super Smash Bros Melee, Pikmin, and SSX Tricky. That was a fantastic launch compared to the Wii. Wii launch +6 months and how many great games are they're on the Wii? It's selling fantastic for all the wrong reasons. There isn't anything worth playing on it and yet its exploding on the market. The publishers take notice. That Wii sports is a smash. More coming. Red Steel (utter garbage) sold amazingly, more coming.

what

I bet there's a lot of companies wishing they could do 'experiments' like Wii Sports. I'm really glad the audience is expanding; it seems to be the right time to break up the oligarchy of science-fiction and fantasy, even if that means fuzzy dogs and polygonal doctor heads for a while. Yeah, Sports could have had a lot more, but you know, Oblivion could have had a better plot, Madden could have better pathfinding. So much 'value' in these games is the illusion of choice when its just stats flying around. I love all three but I know that each has its place, and Sports is a physical video game that does completely different things for me.

Its certainly made me play games more, and I know I'm waiting for more games like it (Nintendogs, Brain Training, etc) as much as the complex undersexed teenaged adventures of Captain Bulletgun and his brigade of Gunbullets.

Giard

watership said:

Does not compute

bigswords

Actually I have a confession. I love the tank game in Wii Play, if they add co-op/ competitive online play, random tanks / levels , leaderboards. This game is awesome awesome awesome.

I would have bought a Wii by now had Nintendo not been such ****ing assholes by not making enough systems to meet demand for their 5 year old tech ****ing waggle console.

Jesus christ what does a man got to do to play a ****ing game console these days? Sit on his ass in the ****ing cold?

No ****ing way sister. I aint no beekeeper.

Shove your ****ing press-releases up your ****ing asses Nintendo.

watership said:

Wii Sports
Zelda
Excite Truck
SSX Blur
Super Paper Mario
Sonic
Godfather
Call of Duty 3

I'm happy. I think most others are too. The game lineup is fine.

Karma Kramer said:
I would have bought a Wii by now had Nintendo not been such ****ing assholes by not making enough systems to meet demand for their 5 year old tech ****ing waggle console.

Jesus christ what does a man got to do to play a ****ing game console these days? Sit on his ass in the ****ing cold?

:lol :lol It's soooo true my friend has tried to get one ROFL :lol

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
watership said:

Agreed. It should be more like the Gamecube, selling for the right reasons.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I think at this time of the GC's life, I had 4-5 games. I have 10 Wii games. I think the Wii is doing alright.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Alot of people seemingly want to Wii to do better, going out of their way to point this out, or maybe it just is and the fact that Nintendo is being credited with something which Sony themselves basked in in the glory days of the Playstation.

Dani said:
Alot of people seemingly want to Wii to do better, going out of their way to point this out, or maybe it just is and the fact that Nintendo is being credited with something which Sony themselves basked in in the glory days of the Playstation.
whatdog

Phthisis

chibcicylist said:
Well, just a few years ago, Nintendo was arguably at its lowest in the videogame industry. So this sort of recovery is nothing short of miraculous.

Hyperbole police. In here. Now.

Phthisis

chibcicylist said:
Gamecube was their lowest selling console, ever. Wii is one of the fastest selling, ever.

And how is that a miracle, something divine in nature that should by all accounts fly in the face of the rules of reality?

All I see is the shifting landscape of the electronic entertainment industry/market.

Umm, reality has it that the PS3 will win. It's the reason why it has so many AAA titles even though it is tanking hard. The Wii, without any promise of such titles, and shitty games, is selling out despite having ample supply. It distorted the reality of the gaming industry. Some would even argue that the Wii isn't real still claiming it's a fad.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Monk said:
sarcasmdetectorqe3.jpg

chibcicylist said:
Umm, reality has it that the PS3 will win. It's the reason why it has so many AAA titles even though it is tanking hard. The Wii, without any promise of such titles, and shitty games, is selling out despite having ample supply. It distorted the reality of the gaming industry. Some would even argue that the Wii isn't real still claiming it's a fad.

I fail how to see this is the slightest indication of anything miraculous in nature.

Xisiqomelir

Karma Kramer said:

Paging JoshuaJSlone.

Jesus christ guys, don't take things too literally.

I was initially using the other meaning of miracle(awe, wonder, amazement instead of the out of reality) but then I decided to play along.:D

But then again, the Wii did spawn the second coming of Christ.

Top Bottom