• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fabula Nova Crystallis FF XIII is not (!) PS3 & Handy exclusive

Blablurn

Gamefront said:
Square Enix: 'Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII nicht exklusiv für PS3 und Handy'

17.04.07 - Im australischen PlayStation Magazine hat sich Motomu Toriyama von Square Enix über die Serie Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII geäußert.

Darin sagte er, dass die Reihe Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII nicht exklusiv für PlayStation3 und Handy veröffentlicht wird. Sie würde sich auch nicht nur auf drei Titel beschränken. Bislang wurden Final Fantasy Agito XIII (Handy), Final Fantasy XIII Click Picture (PS3) und Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3) angekündigt.

Source: www.gamefront.de

In Other words, Toriyama says that Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII won't be a PS3 and Handy exclusive series.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Blablurn said:
In Other words, Toriyama says that Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII won't be a PS3 and Handy exclusive series.
this was hinted at long time ago by that Sony of Europe CEO. However, most likely it will get lame Wii spin-offs and no 360 support. SE devs have something against the 360. I remeber the KH producer even called the 360 a limited pile of ass once, when giving an explanation of why KH was getting anywhere near the 360.

Midas said:
And what is Fabula Nova Crystallis? Is it the main XIII game or some of the 25 spin offs?
It's the overall Final Fantasy XIII franchise, containing all the games with Final Fantasy XIII in their titles including the main one.

Haunted

Midas said:
And what is Fabula Nova Crystallis? Is it the main XIII game or one of the 25 spin offs?
It's the name for the FFXIII main game + spin-offs.

So this basically confirms that either the main game, one of the two announced spin-offs, or a 3rd, yet unannounced spin-off is coming to another platform than PS3 or cell phones. Hmm.

Midas said:
And what is Fabula Nova Crystallis? Is it the main XIII game or one of the 25 spin offs?

IIRC, Fabula Nova Crystallis refers to the whole series, the mainline FFXIII included.

The main one could be exclusive. It could be multiplatform. Versus could be exclusive. It could be multiplatform. The other FFXIII spinoffs could be exclusives. It could be multiplatform. etc, etc.

edit: bitten

But anyway, the Wii is the most likely candidate for any of this non-exclusivity(the main one or otherwise) talk before I see anything on the 360.

USD

I have a feeling the rest of Fabula Nova Crystallis won't be games. Of course I could be wrong.

Haunted

Prevailer said:
There is nothing in that thread stating that Fabula Nova Crystallis is not exclusive to PS3 and cell phones anymore. Maybe you should read (or wait for a translation if you don't understand the language) before replying next time.

Before we're talking about platforms, I want to know which of the games the non-exclusivity refers to. Versus? The mobile game? Or another unannounced spin-off?

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
godhandiscen said:
this was hinted at long time ago by that Sony of Europe CEO. However, most likely it will get lame Wii spin-offs and no 360 support. SE devs have something against the 360. I remeber the KH producer even called the 360 a limited pile of ass once, when giving an explanation of why KH was getting anywhere near the 360.

I'd be glad if the 360 got FF and not KH then, because I don't like KH. Remember that SE is making Infinite Undiscovery for 360, so its probably isolated to KH. That would be linked to Versus, which is the most likely multi-plat.

I can't believe this just happened independently of the most recent ps3 sales.

Edit: IU is Tri-Ace. Its 2am. I apologize.

mabuza

Banned
Haunted One said:
There is nothing in that thread stating that Fabula Nova Crystallis is not exclusive to PS3 and cell phones anymore. Maybe you should read (or wait for a translation if you don't understand the language) before replying next time.

Before we're talking about platforms, I want to know which of the games the non-exclusivity refers to. Versus? The mobile game? Or another unannounced spin-off?
the game will probably not sell that well on the ps3 due to sluggish sales. so they will definetely recoup cost by doing spinoffs on ds, psp, wii and another spinoff again on the ps3(no love for 360 i'm afraid) ;(

Prevailer

Haunted One said:

Sorry, I just wanted to point out that both threads have the same source, PSM scans. And that there is more content from these scans in the other thread. Btw, I'm german :)

Haunted

Prevailer said:
Sorry, I just wanted to point out that both threads have the same source, PSM scans. And that there is more content from these scans in the other thread. Btw, I'm german :)
Then you should've said so. >_<

mabuza said:
the game will probably not sell that well on the ps3 due to sluggish sales. so they will definetely recoup cost by doing spinoffs on ds, psp, wii and another spinoff again on the ps3(no love for 360 i'm afraid) ;(
You mean they're making one main game and 7 spin-offs? :p

QVT said:
I'd be glad if the 360 got FF and not KH then, because I don't like KH. Remember that SE is making Infinite Undiscovery for 360, so its probably isolated to KH. That would be linked to Versus, which is the most likely multi-plat.

SE isn't making IU, that's Tri Ace's game.

already posted...a major ff for 360 is kind of unlikely, considered a DS/wii/psp game hasnt been announced. DOnt you think? Its just the online one

peace

vareon

Grivenger said:
-They still aren't sure if FFXIII will have any mini-games: It is possible that the mini-games are developed into additional, separate releases

Wiimote waggle minigame confirmed.

Shahadan

USD said:
I have a feeling the rest of Fabula Nova Crystallis won't be games. Of course I could be wrong.

Oh yeah a shitty movie where the main character can fly.
Oh wait, Lightning is already doing that.

Zweisy1

I bet they'll do something for the DS.

Well, Square Enix doesn't have anything to do with Infinite Undiscovery. It's being developed by tri-Ace and published by Microsoft.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
SolidSnakex said:
SE isn't making IU, that's Tri Ace's game.

I have no idea why I thought otherwise. Forgive me.

Everything else stands true though, if the guys behind KH don't like the 360 then Versus is not coming to the 360.

cvxfreak

I assume this isn't necessarily about THE FFXIII but more along the lines of the whole brand.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an FFXIII equivalent of Revenant Wings on DS.

Zeal

Banned
I say 360 and Wii both receive games as a part of the project.

Bout dem apples.

I'm also more interested in Versus than FFXIII anyway, simply based on the fact that you play it from the villain's perspective.

And bad guys are always cooler.

Busty

Banned
Unless Blue Dragon sells well over a million units outside of Japan I don't think SE will even consider the 360 viable in any way shape or form...

Except perhaps for some FF XIII mini game on XBLA

If, if the PS3's numbers were ever to become a major factor for SE then the focus would shift to the Wii, not the 360.

But in saying that, I could imagine a Dirge of Cerebrus style action spin off for the 360 in time. A cheap and cheerful knock off to perhaps test the waters.

Kafel said:
I think I remember an art with empty bubbles around the FFXIII logo. Does someone have it ?

ffxiiprojekt3gg.jpg

chibcicylist said:
IIRC, Fabula Nova Crystallis refers to the whole series, the mainline FFXIII included.

The main one could be exclusive. It could be multiplatform. Versus could be exclusive. It could be multiplatform. The other FFXIII spinoffs could be exclusives. It could be multiplatform. etc, etc.

edit: bitten

But anyway, the Wii is the most likely candidate for any of this non-exclusivity(the main one or otherwise) talk before I see anything on the 360.

:lol

you need to chill. the wii will undoubtedly get a ffxiii side game in the same vein as crystal chronicles.

be happy with it!

WickedLaharl said:
:lol

you need to chill. the wii will undoubtedly get a ffxii side game in the same vein as crystal chronicles.

be happy with it!

I want both CC and mainline style FF. The two are distinctive enough that they won't cannibalize each other's sales, not that SE has to worry about that in the first place.

u_neek

WickedLaharl said:
you need to chill. the wii will undoubtedly get a ffxii side game in the same vein as crystal chronicles.
Hell will freeze over if it ends up doing better than FFXIII itself.

Busty

Banned
SolidSnakex said:

That's what I was thinking of as well. At the time the size of the circles reletive to what's been announced already was discussed to death.

But I think in the end the school of thought was it was another DS game, another Mobile game and either a Wii game (likely) or the much discussed MMO for PC/360
and maybe PS3
(less likely.

I suspect we're going to see a similar set up to this when SE finally get around to announcing the next Kingdom Hearts. The main game on the PS3 with all the spin off and 'side-quels' on other platforms DS, Wii etc.

chibcicylist said:
I want both CC and mainline style FF. The two are distinctive enough that they won't cannibalize each other's sales, not that SE has to worry about that in the first place.

well nintendo may very well get the main series back - but it isn't going to start with ffxiii

Jonnyram

SolidSnakex said:
It's pretty scary that they intend to spend more than double what they have spent on the entire FFVII project on F.N.C. Especially when you consider that FFVII was their biggest success to date and that the FF franchise has been getting less popular each iteration. I guess that reiterates that a FFVII remake on PS3 is not part of the picture right now.

Kafel

Banned
Thx for the pic.

What's impressive is how S-E creates universes now. They're doing the same with the Ivalice Alliance.

edit : the sizes of the bubbles represent the budgets, right ?

Jonnyram - I'm guessing the figures are what they earned/hope to earn, not what they spent. Soundtrack CDs etc are going to factor in the revenue equation much more than in the expenses equation (since they're just ways to cash in on work already done on the main game)

Top Bottom