• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA announces Condemned 2: Bloodshot for X360 and PS3

SEGA Reinvents The First Person Action Experience With Condemned 2: Bloodshot
All-New Psychological Terror Featuring Revolutionary Combat, Chilling Serial Killer Crime Scenes and Online Multiplayer
SEGA of America and SEGA Europe today announced Condemned 2: Bloodshot the next chapter in the terrifying series that began with the award-winning and critically-acclaimed Condemned. Featuring an all-new fighting mechanic and online multiplayer functionality, Condemned 2: Bloodshot is a first-person action thriller which immerses players in a world of psychological terror. Following a string of gruesome murders, players must use their deductive skills and brute force to track down sadistic serial killers.

Developed by the renowned Monolith Productions, creators of the original Condemned, Condemned 2: Bloodshot is due for release across Europe in early 2008 for the Xbox 360™ videogame and entertainment from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system.

Players will assume the identity of Ethan Thomas, the former Serial Crimes Unit investigator, who's been called back to duty to track down his missing partner. As Ethan, players will engage in visceral combat using a variety of firearms, blunt instruments and an all-new fighting system complete with defensive and offensive combo chains. To help track the killer and solve the mysteries behind Condemned 2: Bloodshot, players will crack open an all-new set of high-tech forensic tools. Using wits and brute strength, murders can be solved in a number of different ways to keep players guessing throughout each suspenseful investigation.

Condemned 2: Bloodshottakes the series to a whole new level by introducing a variety of thrilling online multiplayer modes including deathmatch, which promises to deliver the most brutal hand-to-hand combat experience the first person genre has ever seen.

"The original, Condemned, was a game which truly shocked and scared its players with its subtle details, gripping story and eerie tension throughout," said Gary Knight, European Marketing Director, SEGA Europe. "Condemned 2: Bloodshot takes these three key elements to heightened new levels, providing a superb mature gaming experience that will constantly surprise its players and keep them gripped from start to finish."

The disturbing events from Ethan's past have left him a broken man - a desperate burnout, drifting aimlessly through a society in inexplicable decline. Fighting inner demons throughout his one-man investigation into a sinister conspiracy, Ethan will need to use anything and everything in the environment to survive as he unravels the mysteries shrouding the city in darkness.

Tailzo

I thought the original lacked variety in the environements, but the combat was very intense. Not bad, but too frustrating to get lost when I thought so many places looked alike.

TheLegend

Sega ha anunciado la segunda parte de Condemned, este nuevo título llegará para PlayStation 3 y Xbox 360 a principios del 2008 en nuestro continente.

En Condemned 2: Bloodshot, volveremos a tomar el papel de Ethan Thomas que se verá envuelto en la investigación de la desaparición de su antiguo compañero. Mediante un variado arsenal de armas de fuego y objetos contundentes, con un nuevo sistema de combate que incluye combos defensivos y ofensivos y de una serie de nuevas herramientas forenses de alta tecnología, con las que tendremos que resolver los asesinatos.

Condemned 2: Bloodshot incluirá también con una variedad de modos online donde encontraremos entre otros el DeathMatch.

Sega has announced the second part of Condemned, this new title will arrive for PS3 and 360 at the beginning of 2008.

In Condemned 2: Bloodshot, we will return to take the role of Ethan Thomas who will see himself involved in the investigation of the disappearance of his old partner. By means of a varied arsenal of firearms and objects, with a new system of combat that includes defensive and offensive combos and a new series of forensic tools, with which will we have to solve murders.

Condemned 2: Bloodshot will also include a variety of online modes where we will find, among others, Deathmatch.

Quick translation...

bumpkin

Hells yes, mother fackers! Now here's hoping Monolith is doing it, and that it's just as eerie as the original.

bengraven

Tailzo said:
I thought the original lacked variety in the environements, but the combat was very intense. Not bad, but too frustrating to get lost when I thought so many places looked alike.

Wow, I'm the complete opposite. For the most part, I thought the environments were all varied and unique. Getting lost was only because they were so big and maze-like.

But the combat grew old after a while.

Edit: Oh, and HELLS YEAH at this happening! Never expected it in a million years!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I bought Breakdown and Condemned 1 recently for super cheap. I have played neither.

pswii60

Apprently a game called Universe at War: Earth Assault has also been announced today by SEGA for 360 and Sega's first XBLA game called Happy Tree Friends. Anyone got the info for those too?

clashfan said:
How was the original?

Great.

Brandon F said:
I bought Breakdown and Condemned 1 recently for super cheap. I have played neither.

Breakdown has an interesting design, but in the end, it's a crappy game. Condemned is definitely worth a playthrough though.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
hope there is more real environmental interaction and not just activation presses for videos.

Mrbob

Sweet. Condemned was one of my favorite launch games. Monolith still involved? I hope so.

Brandon F said:

You should play Condemned. The first person mode combat is very visceral and the setting is awesome. There are many moments in the game I would love to talk about, but I won't spoil them for you.

Prine

Banned
Brandon F said:

But you played through Angel of Darkness twice since you bought those games. hmmmm??

:p

I see no reason why this game won't be great. With so much lacking from the first--albeit great--game, this has no reason not to be even better than the original.

I'm pumped.

pswii60 said:
Apprently a game called Universe at War: Earth Assault has also been announced today by SEGA for 360 and Sega's first XBLA game called Happy Tree Friends. Anyone got the info for those too?
Universe at War: Earth Assault is a Petroglyph PC game, coming in Q1 2008 for X360. The XBLA game is also happening.

SEGA signed a contract with Gas Powered to make a new, original role game for PC.

Decado

Doom_Bringer said:
yay if Monolith is developing it!
Boo! if Monolith is developing it. They're too good a developer to wasted on multiplatform console titles (double boo! since the PC isn't mentioned).

Zzoram

There needs to be a sticky and brief summary of everything being announced around now. It's hard to track info down in spread out giant threads.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Who the hell had the crazy idea to include a multiplayer in the game? I mean, WTF? Also this "Combo"-Stuff doesn't sound really good if you ask me.....

nubbe

*Faps furiously*

I hope combos with iron rods are awesome

The first game also had the most awesome viral marketing, hope the sequeld dose the same stuff.

Top Bottom