• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

V Jump July 2007 (Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, DBZ Sparking Meteor etc)

neo2046

special thanks to Mutou Yugi at other forum :D
all the scans are come from him

and PLEASE rehost the pics yourself if you want to share at other places
thanks~
:)

DQ Sword / DBZ Sparking Meteor

FFCC DS / DQ9 / FF4 3D DS

Itadaki Street DS / Wondeful World / One Piece Gear Spirits

more coming~~

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
(neutral) neo2046
BUDDHA AND JESUS
ROLLED INTO ONE

we love u - thx:)

Anzu

Banned
After the 1up show/podcast...I just fail to get excited about DQ:swords :(

But holy crap does Subaseka look awesome. I guess a DS purchase is a must....argh, wallet am cry.

Edit: HOLY SHIT BAHAMUT IN CRISIS CORE!!!!! *jizz* Dissidia looks interesting too. Wallet am broked.

Anzu

Banned
ethelred said:
Sabaseka? You mean... Subarashiki?

Yeah Subaseka is what the shortened name is in Japan. I'd prefer to call it that than "Its a wonderful world" or "Subarishiki"

ethelred

Anzu said:
Yeah Subaseka is what the shortened name is in Japan. I'd prefer to call it that than "Its a wonderful world" or "Subarishiki"

Why would you rather call it a ridiculously hodgepodged made-up name instead of the English name when the whole reason the game got its name in the first place was because of a song written and recorded in English?

Anzu

Banned
ethelred said:
Why would you rather call it a ridiculously hodgepodged made-up name instead of the English name when the whole reason the game got its name in the first place was because of a song written and recorded in English?

Its made-up how? Its just a shorter version of the Japanese name. Whats wrong with that? :/

Bebpo

Banned
ethelred said:

Because it's shorter to write?

That's why everyone uses shorthand names...

kuYuri

Oh boy, another DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi game. >_>

Anyway, Subarashiki continues to impress me in terms of looks.

Kafel

Banned
What about the Chocobo game on Wii ?

Were there any screens at the S-E Party ? Should we expect something in the japanese magazines soon ?

KurowaSan

man, those DBZ 3D models are almost perfect now, throw some more polygons here and there and we're not gonna be able to know if they are drawings or actual 3D models.

Jiggy

If GAF ever had some kind of PayPal collection plate or something to give to the members who most make it worth visiting, neo would be up there with, like, Cheesemeister. :D Actually, probably higher since he has an automatic program for Sales-Age stuff whereas neo doesn't have a program for scans.

Anyway... If DBZ doesn't have character creation this time (considering that it's still on PS2/Wii, and it's not like they had to devote many resources to improving graphics/sound), I skip it. Budokai 3 was pretty fun in its own right and BT2 was a great DBZ sim, but at this point the license is holding it back more than anything--I can only stomach the same characters and stories for so long, regardless of the fighting engine behind the games. I get the feeling that I'd enjoy them a great deal more if I could just work around the license and invent my own characters and storylines, which would probably be better than the DBZ ones anyway--much like CAW dominated all my time in WWE games in the days when they didn't suck (which would be 1999-2000).

Summon Night DS, on the other hand... I might just be too easily swayed by cute 2D anime art or something (in spite of the it's-a-trap male lead in his halter top or whatever that's supposed to be), but I want it now. The sprites remind me of Secret of Mana, a little bit.

Anzu

Banned
CurseoftheGods said:
I really like Nomura's take on Zidane and Kuja.

Me too. Though I loved the original Kuja design too, the original Zidane design just NEVER made sense. You'd understand if you've played FFIX all the way through.

Anzu said:
Me too. Though I loved the original Kuja design too, the original Zidane design just NEVER made sense. You'd understand if you've played FFIX all the way through.
Care to remind me why this is the case? I don't recall there being any oddity between the art and the character.

Matix

Jiggy37 said:
Anyway... If DBZ doesn't have character creation this time (considering that it's still on PS2/Wii, and it's not like they had to devote many resources to improving graphics/sound), I skip it. Budokai 3 was pretty fun in its own right and BT2 was a great DBZ sim, but at this point the license is holding it back more than anything--I can only stomach the same characters and stories for so long, regardless of the fighting engine behind the games. I get the feeling that I'd enjoy them a great deal more if I could just work around the license and invent my own characters and storylines, which would probably be better than the DBZ ones anyway--much like CAW dominated all my time in WWE games in the days when they didn't suck (which would be 1999-2000).

Online play as well please..

Matix

Am I the only one getting a Destrega/PowerStone vibe from Dissidia (at least regarding the gameplay style)?!

Anzu

Banned
Mefisutoferesu said:
Care to remind me why this is the case? I don't recall there being any oddity between the art and the character.

spoilers:

Kuja was created by Garland, to be powerful and of course, beautiful. When Kuja found out that his life-span was limited and that he would perish very soon, he also found out that a new, more superior life-form was created (Zidane). Now tell me why Kuja looks so incredibly hot and Zidane looks like an ugly rat? :lol

Thats just my take on it, take it with a pinch of salt :p

Eteric Rice

Everything looks good.

Dissidia too. Numora has done an okay job there.

Though, I can never forgive him for what he did to Setzer. :(

Anzu said:
spoilers:

Kuja was created by Garland, to be powerful and of course, beautiful. When Kuja found out that his life-span was limited and that he would perish very soon, he also found out that a new, more superior life-form was created (Zidane). Now tell me why Kuja looks so incredibly hot and Zidane looks like an ugly rat? :lol

Thats just my take on it, take it with a pinch of salt :p
Wait, so Zidane just isn't sexy enough for you?

76110good.gif

Personally, I just like the fact that Zidane's eyes are sharper; he's a thief so he SHOULD look crafty.
And, I guess, I can sorta see what you mean, they both look a little more similar in this revision, which makes more sense, since they have the same creater, as opposed to the relatively contrary look in the original art, though I always thought that was intentional... that they were some sort of simplist foil.

PolyGone

Banned
<3 your heroic deeds will forever be remembered <3

edit: man, hoping to see new shots of FF:CC Wii, DQ9 and FFIV but alas they were scooped some time ago. ah well, the new shots of FF:CCROF and FF:Dissidia et al more than make up for that...

is it just me or has the world gone square? wow

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Cristo (green outfit dude) and Alena from DQ4 in Itadaki Street it seems also DQ2 princess.

awesome :D

Top Bottom