• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL World gets Singstar 90s

polg

515772220_262c93db81.jpg

Songs List

1. Never Ever - All Saints
2. Barbie Girl - Aqua
3. Love Shack - B-52's
4. One Week - Barenaked Ladies
5. Achy Breaky Heary - Billy Ray Cyrus
6. Horses - Daryl Braithwaite
7. Unbelievable - EMF
8. Here Comes the Hot Stepper - Ini Kamoze
9. Stay - Lisa Loeb
10. You Can't Touch This - MC Hammer
11. Bitch - Meredith Brooks
12. Movin' On Up - M People
13. Torn - Natalie Imbruglia
14. Step By Step - New Kids On The Block
15. Where The Wild Roses Grow - Nick Cave & Kylie Minogue
16. Unskinny Bop - Poison
17. Creep - Radiohead
18. Everyone Hurts - R.E.M.
19. Only To Be With You - Roachford
20. I Want You - Savage Garden
21. Kiss From A Rose - Seal
22. Baby Got Back - Sir Mix-a-lot
23. Wannabe - Spice Girls
24. Two Princes - Spin Doctors
25. Pump Up The Jam - Technotronic feat. Felly
26. Lovefool - Cardigans
27. Zombie - The Cranberries
28. Friday I'm In Love - The Cure
29. I Touch Myself - The Divinyls
30. Love Is All Around - Wet Wet Wet

515816757_818fa59f73.jpg

515816761_8a54951007.jpg

515816759_cbd4e1748e.jpg

I've seen it mentioned in some french and german sites, but hadn't seen a full list or any pics. best-singstar-ever.

Launch date: August

found it here

So here's a story from A to Z, you wanna get with me
you gotta listen carefully,
We got Em in the place who likes it in your face,
we got G like MC who likes it on an
Easy V doesn't come for free, she's a real lady,
and as for me you'll see,
Slam your body down and wind it all around
Slam your body down and wind it all around.

This will sell as well as Halo 3.

Peru

A pretty good soundtrack, but these individual releases sort of lose their point when the ps3 download thingie comes into play.

8bit

Knows the Score
Some questionable choices as usual (Savage Garden, Daryl Braithwaite, Meredith Brooks), but Baby Got Back & Pump Up The Jam are great selections.

Peru said:
A pretty good soundtrack, but these individual releases sort of lose their point when the ps3 download thingie comes into play.
The PS3 store isn't accesible to the masses yet. It won't become a mainstream game until the PS3 is £250/€350 or less (bundled with mics if Sony is smart)

Singstore is very much aimed at the last half of the PS3's lifecycle.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Singstar has been a bit meh lately, time for a good update!

polg

Peru said:

well... as a self confessed singstar whore, I want to know if I can use all my other singstar dvds in the PS3 one...

It would be cool if I could download all my old singstar content to de hard drive so I don't have to swaps discs... Dreaming is free :p

Wollan

I'm going to waste so much money on SingStar PS3.

Getting that game out early is only a good thing for Sony even if many of it's casual fans won't jump on before later. But it certainly doesn't hurt starting the SS community (lol!) at the start of the consoles life.

Kabouter

2. Barbie Girl - Aqua
10. You Can't Touch This - MC Hammer
23. Wannabe - Spice Girls

Well, this is just a must-have isn't it?

Gazunta

This looks very much like it's the Australian / New Zealand track list. So I'd imagine other territories might not have the Natalie Imbruglia / Savage Garden / Daryl Braithwaite / etc tracks.

Wollan

Android18a said:
Does the PS3 one have HD music vids in the background?

Yes. When doable only though since some stock music videos can be pretty old but all modern ones will be in HD. You can even watch the videos in the XMB as normal films if you so wish.

Android18a said:
Woo! Does the PS3 one have HD music vids in the background?
Well they want to make it accesible I presume.. as it's downloadable content I would think that they would want to make the movies as small as possible.

The music videos are from the 90s and not all (if any) were filmed in HD, but it's likely that they will look presentable.

Have they confirmed Blu Ray releases to compliment the store?

Wollan

Visualante said:

I don't think they have but I would be surprised if they didn't for those who don't venture online. Though I wonder if you can copy them to the HDD as surely this would mean it would have to come with a separate id for each disc or something to prevent sharing. I guess you won't be able to copy the disc ones over to the HDD.

Edit: The downloadable HD movies seem to be 30-40MB and upwards from what we have seen so far (probably between that and 80 or so I guess to keep it fast enough). Probably ok 720p video with good sound.

Midas

Gazunta said:
This looks very much like it's the Australian / New Zealand track list. So I'd imagine other territories might not have the Natalie Imbruglia / Savage Garden / Daryl Braithwaite / etc tracks.

The Natalie Imbruglia song and the Savage Garden one were huge hits in Europe. Seems like two good choices to me.

They really missed the trick with the Japanese on this one.
They could do a J-Pop soundtrack, sell it to all the weaboos in the West and to a bunch of Karaoke fans in Japan.

15. Where The Wild Roses Grow - Nick Cave & Kylie Minogue

Halo 3 can't compete with this. Sorry MS, you tried, but nothing is greater than Nick Cave bashing Kylie Minoque's head in with a rock.

UltraMagnanimous said:
Do have an approximate date yet for Singstar PS3?
I would hope they can do a staggered release to overcome the delays in licencing issues for various regions.

iTunes still doesn't have any episodic video content outside the US.. might never but they didn't wait to do a Worldwide release.

MadFuzzy

Not bad at all. Here's hoping that they put the future PS2 version song packs on the Singstore for PS3 simultaneously.

Koren

polg said:
well... as a self confessed singstar whore, I want to know if I can use all my other singstar dvds in the PS3 one...

It would be cool if I could download all my old singstar content to de hard drive so I don't have to swaps discs... Dreaming is free :p
Same here... Any news about this ? (even using the disc is OK, and more realistic ;) )

Shittiest Singstar ever confirmed !
No more PS2 Singstars for me, the PS3 version and singstore will give me the best drunk-karaoke-party tracklist.

MadFuzzy

The website listing Singstar 90s also lists Singstar Rock Ballads as well, but doesn't have a tracklisting.

The PS3 version is showing up on a lot of UK retail sites as coming out on June 22nd, but some are also saying 27th July, so it may slip. The fact that SCEE still haven't given a official release date for the title supposedly a month before launch may well mean a July release.

MadFuzzy

polg said:

Apparently not, which is a shame. You'll have to rebuy the PS2 version songs on the store.

Except for Nick Cave there's not a single song on this that I want to get. Singstore ftw, I'm gonna make my very own selection and there will be no more discswapping, ever.

(for €3 per song ;( )

By the by, a friend talked to the producer and apparently all released songs will be available on the Singstore regardless of the original release country. So I can get Neverending Story (previously only on the German 80's disc) and you can get lots of cool Swedish songs :D

Wollan

Yup, all the various country specific songs will be available to everyone. They will a flag in front of them specifying what language they are in.

nli10

Well if you can't use SingStar PS2 disks on your PS3 version then that automatically lessens it's value for me.

At least the people in this thread understand that the casuals will not rush out and pay £425 for a PS3 just to buy tracks they already own from the store to sing. Once the hardcore gamer in the house owns it then the singstar members of the family will use it, but I don't see them doing away with update disks for the PS2 just yet - It'll be a good 18 months before the PS3 is worth an upgrade for most people.

spwolf

Visualante said:
Well they want to make it accesible I presume.. as it's downloadable content I would think that they would want to make the movies as small as possible.

The music videos are from the 90s and not all (if any) were filmed in HD, but it's likely that they will look presentable.

you presume wrong. From 60's, camera's filming movies have been better than 1080P resolution. And PS3 Singstar will indeed have HD resolution songs downloadable (around 60-70 MB).

Singstar PS3 will be BD only (for now at least) and then you are able to get extra songs via Singstar store....

Well, movie quality film has been used for ages, but the question is: were early music videos filmed with it (considering videos rarely existed before the eighties anyway) and are those videos still intact? I would guess that many "master tapes" today aren't much better than VHS quality.

And if not, is it worth the effort to actually remaster the videos? It's doable but takes a lot of time.

ram

ther will be many more ps2 singstar games in the future:

here is a glimpse of what will come (at least in germany)

- singstar 90s
- singstar: die toten hosen
- singstar: rock ballads

polg

ram said:
ther will be many more ps2 singstar games in the future:

here is a glimpse of what will come (at least in germany)

- singstar: die toten hosen

that's pretty specific isn't it?

pilonv1

:lol: Confirmation that mainstream music in the 90s was ****ing horrible.

This need some Bust a Move by Young MC though.

ZeoVGM

Banned
8bit said:
Some questionable choices as usual (Savage Garden, Daryl Braithwaite, Meredith Brooks), but Baby Got Back & Pump Up The Jam are great selections.

How is Savage Garden even remooootely questionable?

That song was huge and that'd be a really fun karaoke song.

Top Bottom