• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantic dream on PS3

f@luS

More than a member.
From a French PR, looks like quantic dream is going with Sony with a playstation 3 (only?) game.
New infos will come soon enough

BTW quantic dreams previous games are Fahreinheit , The Nomad Soul.

sorry & lock if old

f@luS

More than a member.
Indeed , maybe
Remember
ME0000689520_2.jpg

ME0000689518_2.jpg

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Yeah. Im not sure if sony bothered to get in on that game. I think its still going multiplatform at this stage.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
f@luS said:
From a French PR, looks like quantic dream is going with Sony with a playstation 3 (only?) game.
New infos will come soon enough

BTW quantic dreams previous games are Fahreinheit , The Nomad Soul.

sorry & lock if old

Date please?!?!?! I LOVE that intro scene.

f@luS

More than a member.
Router said:
Yeah. Im not sure if sony bothered to get in on that game. I think its still going multiplatform at this stage.
i doubt that quantic dream's having more than 1 game scheduled....so i guess if its heavy rain , then its going to be ps3 exclusive...*i guess*

f@luS

More than a member.
AltogetherAndrews said:
Where is this press release coming from?

Sony .

French PR
Paris, le 03 Juillet 2007 - Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios Europe et les développeurs de Quantic Dream ont le plaisir d'annoncer leur collaboration pour un titre complet sur PLAYSTATION®3 - sur lequel de plus amples informations seront bientôt divulguées. Quantic Dream est connu pour avoir déjà réalisé des jeux cinématiques et interactifs riches en émotion. Ce nouveau projet va tirer pleinement profit de la puissance du processeur Cell et de la technologie de développement PS3 la plus récente, et devrait hisser à un niveau encore jamais atteint les sensations émotionnelles que pourront ressentir les joueurs.

Créé en 1997 par David Cage, le studio de développement français Quantic Dream s'est construit une renommée mondiale grâce aux innovations fondamentales qu'il a apportées à l'industrie du jeu, en particulier concernant la narration interactive et le contenu émotionnel. Les réalisations de ce studio en sont les meilleurs témoins : Quantic Dream est, par exemple, à l'origine de Fahrenheit (dénommé Indigo Prophecy aux États-Unis et au Canada), titre récompensé par un prix en 2005 et qui mélange, dans le domaine du paranormal, le jeu et le cinéma, en renouvelant complètement le genre aventure.

Michael Denny, Vice Président de SCE Worldwide Studios Europe a affirmé : « Nous sommes vraiment enthousiasmés par la perspective de travailler pour la première fois avec Quantic Dream et d'avoir ainsi une opportunité d'améliorer encore l'interactivité de nos jeux et d'apporter aux joueurs des sensations qu'ils n'auront à ce jour jamais ressenties. Nous espérons, très bientôt cette année, pouvoir vous en dire plus sur ce nouveau titre très particulier »

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Yeah, I really have no idea what the plans are. If it is coming to the 360, cool. If its a PS3 exclusive, thats yet another reason for me to pick one up a little down the track from now.

zallaaa

if Heavy Rain is half what The Indigo Profecy was, than PS3 has a BIG, FAT system seller in his pocket, the game was so absorbing... however, if they can't keep it an exclusive they will cry bitter tears.

I'm happy if its HR, that's a game that I don't think alot of 3rd parties would sink alot of money into and its really going to need it as it seems like its really ambitious.

Mmmkay

Oh. If SCE are announcing the title (as a collaboration) in the PR then it's probably at the very least timed exclusive.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
zallaaa said:
if Heavy Rain is half what The Indigo Profecy was, than PS3 has a BIG, FAT system seller in his pocket, the game was so absorbing... however, if they can't keep it an exclusive they will cry bitter tears.

QT's games are doomed to be critically praised but commercial failures. Its a shame.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Mmmkay said:
Oh. If SCE are announcing the title (as a collaboration) in the PR then it's probably at the very least timed exclusive.

Can you read French? If so what do they really say in that PR?

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Please be Omikron 2 or Heavy Rain. Either would be sequels to stellar games.

babelfish

Paris, July 03, 2007 - Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios Europe and the developers of Quantic Dream are pleased to announce their collaboration for a complete title on PLAYSTATION®3 - over which further information will be revealed soon. Quantic Dream is known to have already carried out plays kinematics and interactives rich in emotion.

This new project will fully benefit from the power of the Cell processor and the technology of the most recent development PS3, and should hoist on a level never yet reached the emotional feelings which the players will be able to feel.

Created in 1997 per David Cage, the studio of French development Quantic Dream built a world fame thanks to the fundamental innovations which it brought to industry play, in particular concerning the interactive narration and the emotional contents. The achievements of this studio are the best witnesses: Quantic Dream is, for example, at the origin of Fahrenheit (called Indigo Prophecy in the United States and Canada), title rewarded by a price in 2005 and which mixes, in the field of the paranormal, the play and the cinema, by renewing the kind completely ventures.

Michael Denny, Vice President of SCE Worldwide Studios Europe affirmed: "We are really filled with enthusiasm by the prospect to work for the first time with Quantic Dream and to have thus an advisability of still improving the interactivity of our plays and of bringing to the players feelings which they never will to date have felt. We hope, very soon this year, capacity to say some to you more on this new very particular title "

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
It'll be a PSN game where you're stuck in that one room with the crazy chic. Can you keep her from going totally batshit insane and killing you? Leaderboards for how long you manage to stay alive. Motion controls used to try to soothe and placate her, wipe the tears from her eyes.

PleoMax

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
Can you read French? If so what do they really say in that PR?

Sony and Quantic Dream collaborate to bring one exclusive game to the PS3.

Basicaly, Sony got the publishing deal for the origami killer.

kaching said:
It'll be a PSN game where you're stuck in that one room with the crazy chic. Can you keep her from going totally batshit insane and killing you? Leaderboards for how long you manage to stay alive. Motion controls used to try to soothe and placate her, wipe the tears from her eyes.

That actually sounds like a crazy cool game idea. Submit it to someone, dude.

Sho Nuff

Banned
After suffering through the first half of Indigo Prophecy, SONY'S WELCOME TO IT.

That game...oh god...oh god. Horrible writing, ridiculous stereotype characters, retarded plot twists, and 10-minute cutscenes of getting attacked by your furniture made "interactive" by forcing you to wiggle your analog sticks. WHY GOD WHY

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Good job Sony, if this is true. If so, this is the first time I've ever wanted to buy a PS3. I think an exclusive Heavy Rain might make me buy one.

Andonuts

Paris, le 03 Juillet 2007 - Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios Europe et les développeurs de Quantic Dream ont le plaisir d'annoncer leur collaboration pour un titre complet sur PLAYSTATION®3 - sur lequel de plus amples informations seront bientôt divulguées. Quantic Dream est connu pour avoir déjà réalisé des jeux cinématiques et interactifs riches en émotion. Ce nouveau projet va tirer pleinement profit de la puissance du processeur Cell et de la technologie de développement PS3 la plus récente, et devrait hisser à un niveau encore jamais atteint les sensations émotionnelles que pourront ressentir les joueurs.

Créé en 1997 par David Cage, le studio de développement français Quantic Dream s'est construit une renommée mondiale grâce aux innovations fondamentales qu'il a apportées à l'industrie du jeu, en particulier concernant la narration interactive et le contenu émotionnel. Les réalisations de ce studio en sont les meilleurs témoins : Quantic Dream est, par exemple, à l'origine de Fahrenheit (dénommé Indigo Prophecy aux États-Unis et au Canada), titre récompensé par un prix en 2005 et qui mélange, dans le domaine du paranormal, le jeu et le cinéma, en renouvelant complètement le genre aventure.

Michael Denny, Vice Président de SCE Worldwide Studios Europe a affirmé : « Nous sommes vraiment enthousiasmés par la perspective de travailler pour la première fois avec Quantic Dream et d'avoir ainsi une opportunité d'améliorer encore l'interactivité de nos jeux et d'apporter aux joueurs des sensations qu'ils n'auront à ce jour jamais ressenties. Nous espérons, très bientôt cette année, pouvoir vous en dire plus sur ce nouveau titre très particulier »

here's my swing at it:

SCEE and the developers of Quantic Dream are please to announce their collaboration for full-length title on the PS3 -- and now loads of information are being revealed. Quantic Dream is known for having directed cinematic, interactive games rich in emotion. The new project makes use of the cell processor and PS3's bleeding edge development technology, and will stir in players never-before-felt emotional sensations.

Founded in 1997 by David Cage, French development studio Quantic Dream was created to be a world class innovater in the games industry, particularly with regardes to interactive narrative and emotional content. Their works bear witness to this goal: Quantic Dream, for example, started with Fahrenheit (called Indigo Prophecy in America and Canada), an award-winning game from 2005, set in a paranormal world, a game and a movie, which completely reinvented the adventure genre.

Michael Denny, Vice President of SCEE confirms: "We are very enthusiastic for the prospect of working for the first time with Quantic Dream, and to thus have an opportunity to improve the interactivity of our games and to bring completely new sensations to them. We hope, very soon this year, to be able to tell you more about this new game."

That's the gist of it anyway. I fudged a few parts.

pcostabel

Gold Member
f@luS said:
Sony .
Paris, July 3rd 2007 - Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios Europe and developer Quantic Dream are pleased to announce their collaboration for a PLAYSTATION®3 title - more info about it will soon be released. Quantic Dream is known to have developed cinematic interactive games, rich in emotions. This new project will take full advantage of the power of the Cell processor and the most recent PS3 development tools, and will achieve a new level of emotional involvement for the player.

Created on 1997 by David Cage, French developer Quantic Dream has built an international reputation thanks to fundamental innovations it brought to the videogames industry, particularly in regard to interactive storytelling and emotional content. The titles by this studio are the best examples: Quantic Dream originated Farenheit (Indigo Prophecy in NA), a title that won an award in 2005 and that mixes videogames and movies in a paranormal environment and completely renews the adventure genre.

Michael Denny, Vice President of SCE Worldwide Studios Europe has stated : "We are very excited by the prospect of working for the first time with Quantic Dream and to have an opportunity to improve yet again the interactivity of our games and to bring to gamers sensatons that they have never experienced before. We hope we'll be able to tell you more about this title very soon this year."

Great move by Sony. The Heavy Rain demo was one of the most impressive things at E3. Making it PS3 exclusive will further cement the PS3 library as one of the most diverse this generation.

PleoMax

Banned
I compare this to the MS and alan Wake thing.

Pretty cool to see these companies bet their $ on "different" games.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
kaching said:
You make fun, but the game with a highly similar premise already exists - it's called "Facade" and it's a freeware game based on you interacting with two AI persons - a couple going through a very rough patch. You step inside their apartment and try to help them out... or help them break up.

yeah, the press release says exclusive... I won't do a translation since aeronauts already on it

Anyway, Im interested in this...never really played nomad soul, but I was always interested in it...course I dont know what the hell this game is, but they are an ambitious developer

peace

wotter

My translation:

Paris, July 3th 2007. Sony Computer entertainment worldwide studios and the developers at Quantic Dream have the pleasure to announce their collaboration for a title on PlayStation 3, more information will be put available soon. Quantic Dream is already known for making cinematic and interactive games that have a lot of 'emotion' in them. This new project will make heavy use of the processing power of the Cell and technology found in the PS3 to achieve emotional sensations never reached before in previous attempts.

The french development studio Quantic Dream was founded in 1997 by David Cage. Already Quantic Dream has made a reputation for themselves in the videogames industry, in particular for interactive narration and emotional content. The most important realisations form this studio are: Fahrenheit (called Indogo Prophecy in the USA and Canada), a game that has won a price in 2005 and mixes game and cinema, completely renewing the adventure genre.

Michael Denny, Vice president at Sony computer entertainment worldwide studio Europe affirmed: "We're really enthousiastic by the prospect to work with Quantic Dream for the first time and thus having the opportunity to further improve the interactivity in our games and to bring gamers new sensations they have never experienced before. We hope we can share more information about this new title as soon as possible this year."

- I think this is the game formely known as Heavy Rain.
- PS3 exclusive confirmed seeing as how scee worldwide studio is working apparently very close with Quantic Dream.
- No new info yet, as soon as possible.

Steroyd

Oh jeez the makers of Fahreinheit, please keep it as close to reality and realism this time and I'll buy your game.

kthxbye.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I spent 5 minutes translating it with the French my mother's been teaching me, but it looks like the job's been taken care of.

Top Bottom