• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BOMBAMAN Live on XBLA next week! 800 pts!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Bomberman !! And some other game...but who cares, BOMBERMAN!!!

http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2007/07/13/552021.aspx

Bombs Away with “Bomberman Live” and Fulfill Your Destiny with “Yie Ar Kung Fu” on Xbox LIVE Arcade

Bomberman is Back and Better Than Ever – Play “Bomberman Live” for Xbox LIVE Arcade

The award winning franchise, “Bomberman,” is going Live! Hudson Entertainment’s “Bomberman Live” comes to Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360 this Wednesday, July 18 at 9:00 a.m. GMT (2:00 a.m. Pacific).

Created specifically for Xbox LIVE Arcade, the all-new “Bomberman Live” delivers unparalleled social gaming excitement with high definition graphics, four-person local multiplayer and eight-person online multiplayer over Xbox LIVE. And to show there is no Bomberman out there quite like yours, players now have over 10,000 unique ways to fully customize their Bomberman.

In “Bomberman Live,” players guide their unique Bomberman around a grid-like arena, avoiding opponents and their bombs while attempting to bomb the competition. “Bomberman Live” features eight multiplayer arenas including Lost World, where players can sink in puddles of quicksand, and Ghost Town, where players can fall into trap doors. By destroying blocks, players can reveal 16 different power-ups (and power-downs!) from the simple “Speed Up” to the devastating “Dangerous Bomb.”

“Bomberman Live” will be available worldwide for 800 Microsoft Points and is rated E for Everyone.

Game Features

· Prove you’re the best: Play at home with up to four players or hop online and challenge the best Bombermen (and women!) from around the world with up to eight players.

· Fully customizable Bomberman: With over 10,000 possible combinations, players can customize Bomberman – from the gladiator outfit to the clown costume, or mix and match! Players can make Bomberman as cute or menacing as they like.

· Do battle in eight exotic locations: Compete in eight striking arenas, each with their own traps and gimmicks.

· Annihilate enemies with power-ups: Destroy blocks to reveal 16 distinct power-ups (and power-downs).

Fulfill Your Destiny – “Yie Ar Kung Fu” comes to Xbox LIVE Arcade this Wednesday

Try and master the classic fighting game “Yie Ar Kung Fu” from Konami, which arrives on Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360 this Wednesday, July 18 at 9:00 a.m. GMT (2:00 a.m. PDT).

Training his whole life, Oolong is on a quest to become the ultimate champion. To fulfill his destiny, Oolong must face and defeat masters of the throwing shuriken, nunchaku, bo, chain and more at the Martial Arts Championship. With enhanced graphics, hand painted backgrounds and new achievements, this classic fighting game is sure to test any player’s skills.

“Yie Ar Kung Fu” will be available worldwide for 400 Microsoft Points and is rated E10+ for Cartoon Violence.

Game Features

· Choose to play the authentic arcade version or experienced the enhanced version, which features stunning hand painted models and backgrounds mimicking traditional Japanese art styles

* Xbox LIVE leaderboards where gamers can compare scores among friends and the rest of the Xbox LIVE world
* Earn up to 12 Achievements and 200 Gamerscore

ant1532

Banned
**** yes. My friends and I have recently been playin a hella amount of Bomberman 93' when were together and damn this is going to be so crazy bananas awesome!

First good online Bomberman since Dreamcast age!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
800 is the absolute perfect price. My most anticipated title for months. And fittingly Yie Air is actually a pretty cool retro title for once; hope it translates decently.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
AstroLad said:
And fittingly Yie Air is actually a pretty cool retro title for once; hope it translates decently.
I dare you to play it more than 30 minutes total for the whole of 360's lifespan.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Good stuff - 8 players online is going to be fun as hell...

And I thought that Yie Ar game was going to be Ja]pan-only when it was announced like last year... but hey, no complaints...

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
jooey said:
I dare you to play it more than 30 minutes total for the whole of 360's lifespan.

Well there's really no point in my buying it with Bomberman coming out, but I bet it will beat the crap out of most of the other classic titles unless the conversion is awful.

DCX

DCX
Man, the 360 has killed my wallet! Between the arcade, micro transactions and the games themselves i'm going to go broke soon.

DCX

LakeEarth

jooey said:
Honestly, bring old games to XBLA is great. But Yie Ar Kung Fu? Gyruss? Xevious? New Rally X? There's classics and then there's minor successes based on the fact that they were the first to do something that's been improved on countless times since.

4vi1d6s.jpg

So much for Golden Axe, damn these point cards go quick when you don't buy any for months. Oh well, this and Pac-Man CE should keep me happy for a while.

A little OT, but does anyone feel less inclined to buy things on XBLM when you have to deal with buying in discrete point packs? I have a feeling I'd purchase a lot more stuff if I could just directly draw the funds from my bank account.

Instead I have to look at something like this and say, well... this doesn't cost me 800 points ($10), it costs more like $12.50, since i have to buy the extra.

I'm still buying it. There's 300 points in my account, so I only need buy 500, :lol

LakeEarth

I just buy a bunch of points and buy more points when I need more. So what if I'm left with 150 points, I'm just gonna buy more points eventually anyways.

No6

RiskyChris said:
A little OT, but does anyone feel less inclined to buy things on XBLM when you have to deal with buying in discrete point packs? I have a feeling I'd purchase a lot more stuff if I could just directly draw the funds from my bank account.

Instead I have to look at something like this and say, well... this doesn't cost me 800 points ($10), it costs more like $12.50, since i have to buy the extra.

I'm still buying it. There's 300 points in my account, so I only need buy 500, :lol
Not really, because 95% of what I buy are games, so the $25 for 2000 points translates into either 2 $10 games and 1 $5 game, or 5 $10 when I buy another 2000 points. If I thought XBLA was going to die suddenly you might have a point, but there have always been a chunk of games in the pipeline that I know I'll buy day one.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
RiskyChris said:

It's never stopped me from buying anything, but I agree that the Points thing is just stupid. At a minimum, it adds an unnecessary step to the process.

Won't be buying it because of the DRM issues, I want to wait until I get a replacement console that isn't going to crap out on me. I still haven't received my points from MS and they said they would refund them a month ago.

GreekWolf

No6 said:
Why is everyone dumping on Yie Air? It's a great game with a lot of variety.
Probably because most GAF'ers are >25 and weren't even alive back when the game was actually in the arcade, therefore they don't really give a rat's ass. Can you blame them?

Anyways, who cares... it's BOMBAMAN WEEK :D

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I really love the style and graphics in the game. Just oozes cutesy class, much more so than any 3D Bomberman imo.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Hooray! I knew I bought a gold subscription for a good reason.

I wanted to make this my first XBLA purchase. That way, I could hold every other XBLA game to the standard set by Bomberman and Geometry Wars.

Top Bottom