• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 2 Vs Real Life comparison

Nozi

Banned
Forza2vsRealLife2.jpg

USC-fan

Banned
looks good but the game really needs some more AA.

thank god they label which one is which or i would have no clue..... :lol :lol :lol

dfyb

Banned
Nozi said:
ignore this post --->
gotcha.

edit: the comparison isn't bad. just weird that you decided to do it. you certainly realize where you've positioned this discussion, right?

ElNino

twinturbo2 said:
This thread isn't going to end well...
Why should it? I saw the GT5 Game-Real Life comparision pics and they look great... GT5 does look extremely photorealistic. This is a similar comparison for Forza 2 and I think it holds it's own pretty well, certainly less photo realistic than GT5, but still very good.

That said, this thread should be about these Forza 2 pics only...
yeah right, like that will happen.
:D

Game looks good but didn't really capture the look. Something's missing.

Edit: I DON'T mean this as a insult or joke whatever mods! Just the best way to describe it!

In the GT5 thread and with this you can tell that although they look good, there's some sort of like "gluey" look to them almost plastic like. In the real life shots the way the light bounces off you can clearly see the metallic look. With these games it fails to capture that and in the end while it looks good, comes nothing close to convincing.

I really think it's the lighting.

NinSoX

Banned
Nice comparisons. I heard that Turn 10 used Rare's engine for this game and that the same engine will be used for Banjo Threeie. If it's true this engine is pretty flexible.

dfyb said:
evolution said:
Oh brother...

What is wrong with both of you? You never seem to have anything positive to say in MS threads. Give it a break.

FightyF

Banned
dfyb said:

Don't worry, I'll post it for your benefit.

i1003_Forza2vsRealLife.jpg

The issue I have with the graphics are:

1) Reflections are performed in a manner that amplifies what it is being reflected. Thus, the sky appears bright white, and the blues of the sky is very saturated.

2) Reflections are too apparent in the light. What should be happening is that in the light of the sun, the reflections are less noticable, and on the dark side of the car, the reflection is noticable. A simple solution is to tone it down on the whole.

3) Color palette for the majority of the tracks. Some tracks are referenced well, namely Suzuka and Nurburgring. In fact Suzuka looks better in Forza 2 than it does in GT5, judging from screens and vids (so it's not a final judgement, yet). But most of the tracks (and I'm talking about real life, referenced, tracks) could use a lot of tweaking in terms of making the textures a little less saturated, with the colors changed a bit.

4) Ambient lighting should be the color of the sky. Very basic thing that Turn 10 didn't realize or bother to implement.

If they fixed those things in a patch, I guarantee that it would look as impressive as the GT5 screens out right now (sans the fact that the interiors aren't modelled, and the tyres in GT5 look better).

Sharp said:
I love comparison threads!
Weren't you the guy trying to compare Uncharted to PD0?

Are them BOTH the launch titles?

Anyway, what is the point comparing 2 year old game with the game yet to release?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
ElNino said:
Why should it? I saw the GT5 Game-Real Life comparision pics and they look great... GT5 does look extremely photorealistic. This is a similar comparison for Forza 2 and I think it holds it's own pretty well, certainly less photo realistic than GT5, but still very good.

That said, this thread should be about these Forza 2 pics only...
yeah right, like that will happen.
:D
I love Forza 2 as much as the next guy, but I'm going to call it. This thread will end in a flame war with some bans involved. Nothing good will come out of this.

FightyF

Banned
twinturbo2 said:
I love Forza 2 as much as the next guy, but I'm going to call it. This thread will end in a flame war with some bans involved. Nothing good will come out of this.

The bans could be a good thing.

There are obviously people interested in the comparison, and there are obviously some trolls here who add nothing of value to this forum in general.

That is to say, they do not make any worthy contributions to the thread. :D

twinturbo2 said:

OK, so let's end it right here, shall we?

killzone.gif

Meh, any game looks great when you make it small enough (this is coming from a Forza fanboy *got banned for "trolling" GT5...*). That game looks nothing like that in gameplay.

dfyb

Banned
NinSoX said:
What is wrong with both of you? You never seem to have anything positive to say in MS threads. Give it a break.
you never have anything positive to say about meeeeeeeee. :p

Fight for Freeform said:
If they fixed those things in a patch, I guarantee that it would look as impressive as the GT5 screens out right now (sans the fact that the interiors aren't modelled, and the tyres in GT5 look better).
you don't think higher polygon counts contribute to GT5p looking like it does?

Speevy

Banned
dfyb said:
you don't think higher polygon counts contribute to GT5p looking like it does?

I'd say it's pretty much 99% lighting.

All of these games attempt to be photorealistic, but that's the main thing.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
No, this isn't some desperate cry for attention from insecure Forza/Xbox fanboys. Not the slightest bit.

arne

nozi did you take the shots? or whomever took the forza shots should have made it match a lot closer to the source material. even if the shots won't come back as photorealistic, that's the one thing the GT5 comparison shots have nailed, so the comparison feels "right" if you get what I mean.

Nozi

Banned
arne said:
nozi did you take the shots? or whomever took the forza shots should have made it match a lot closer to the source material. even if the shots won't come back as photorealistic, that's the one thing the GT5 comparison shots have nailed, so the comparison feels "right" if you get what I mean.

Yeah, I know - but you're trying to match random in-game shots to random photos on the net. not an easy task :)

I guess this thread just highlights how drooling over photomode/bullshots is lame.

I'm still amazed how people take it hook,line and sinker still.

MassiveAttack said:
OK, so let's end it right here, shall we?

killzone.gif

AAAUUUUUGH.

Killzone??? I WAITED THROUGH THE LONG ASS GIF FOR ****ING KILLZONE?? They need to go back to the Through The Looking Glass Killzone GIF School. TERRIBLE.

UGH.

arne

Nozi said:
Yeah, I know - but you're trying to match random in-game shots to random photos on the net. not an easy task :)

if i have some time i'll try to take some for these. i just wish i had some cheat to unlock all the cars or get mega bucks in the preview code version. (that's a hint che, help a brotha out)

I was trying one day with a race livery vette on the net, but the problem was that the model year in forza and what was readily available on the net did not match up. same for the xanavi race car.

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
What's artistic is those comparisons...

color matching them with photosho too, because the stock photos don't quite make your point as clearly as you'd hope?

Haha...

GT5ProloguevsRealLife.jpg

While both games have comparisons that seem quite spot on (specfically the green porsche in Forza 2 and the black F430 in third shot down), what really matters is what the game looks like external to any favourable photo comparisons.

Top Bottom