• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking: Silicon Knights Files Lawsuit Against Epic

h0l211

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=14759

--

According to a statement from Epic's Mark Rein sent to leading news outlets including Gamasutra, the Unreal Engine 3 creator is the subject of a lawsuit from licensee Silicon Knights, presumably regarding UE3-utilizing Xbox 360 title Too Human.

Rein's statement, sent out to the media this afternoon, reads as follows: "This morning we were served with a lawsuit by Silicon Knights. We believe the claims against us are unfounded and without merit and we intend to fully defend against them."

The Epic VP continues: "We'd love to tell you more about it but unfortunately our lawyers want us to save our comments for the courthouse so we're going to do our best to comply with their wishes."

He concludes: "In that vein we'd appreciate if our friends in the industry and media would refrain from asking us about the suit because we're only going to say "no comment". We just wanted to share the news directly before the rumor mill starts churning."

Representatives from Silicon Knights were not immediately available for comment, but Gamasutra will update this story when more information about the contents of the lawsuit are made available.

Note to MS: you cannot allow beef between two companies who are releasing games under the MGS logo. Throw them some STFU money and be done with it. FFS.

52daln6.gif

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Why in the world would SC sue Epic when they are fricken using Epic's tools. I just don't get it. Anyone? What case could they possibly have here?

White Man

Maybe he is trying to get Epic to revoke his UE3 license out of spite so he has a solid excuse to delay Too Human for like another year.

Crisis

Banned
Sho_Nuff82 said:
Note to MS: you cannot allow beef between two companies who are releasing games under the MGS logo. Throw them some STFU money and be done with it. FFS.

Seriously. What in the shit was Silicon Knights thinking, doing that?

Maximilian E.

AKA MS-Evangelist
woahh..
this was out of the blue. A new Too Human delay on which they changed the setting once again to the original one would make me a happy camper... (never gonna happen but you can dream)

Matt

ggnoobIGN said:
Why in the world would SC sue Epic when they are fricken using Epic's tools. I just don't get it. Anyone? What case could they possibly have here?
Obviously it's over an issue pertaining to those tools (i.e., the U3 Engine).

Top Bottom