• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Innocence [DS] trailer

mj1108

Wow, that actually looks nice...especially the town areas.

Wonder what they'll use the second screen for?

Char models and enviroments look pretty good. Amazing to see the DS get up to the PSX in terms of quality now.. Or at least near it.

The whole bodies getting knocked in the air and not having animations was kinda lame looking though.

MaddenNFL64

Nice 3D overworld. Detailed towns. Tales fighting system on 3d plane. I'm hyped. DS is getting some superb titles now.

ethelred

I think that looks really impressive, personally. Towns, the world map, cutscenes, and battles are all looking good... way above my expectations.

Sharp said:
Wow, this looks really good for DS. I didn't realize it was coming out this year, though. That seems remarkably quick for a game that was just announced yesterday.

They said it's been in development as long as Tales of the World: RM, and that was announced in June 06.

Sharp

Wow, this looks really good for DS. I didn't realize it was coming out this year, though. That seems remarkably quick for a game that was just announced yesterday.

That's quite nice. Needs little circle shadows under the characters, but it's very solid looking. Much better than I was expecting.

Jammy

Banned
The towns and character models look nice... and the world map looks nearly as good as the one in Symphonia (GCN)! :lol

Durante

Now that I finally got to see the video I have to agree that it looks pretty good for a fully 3D DS game. I still wish the would've gone with either 2D backgrounds or characters though.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Durante said:
Now that I finally got to see the video I have to agree that it looks pretty good for a fully 3D DS game. I still wish the would've gone with either 2D backgrounds or characters though.
It would never get released in America then :(

this looks very promising.

also, i hear norio wakamoto, that automatically makes this game better than games without norio wakamoto.

i'm gonna go ahead and assume that i won't be getting my anime intro with this tales game. thus my tales experience will be almost ruined. :<

ethelred

WickedLaharl said:
i'm gonna go ahead and assume that i won't be getting my anime intro with this tales game. thus my tales experience will be almost ruined. :<

Feel free to assume incorrectly, since Namco's already said Production IG is doing an opening.

WickedLaharl said:

Lunar Knights, Megan Man ZX, and both Castlvania games have anime intro AFAIK. I don't see why this game could not have one too, especially with what Namco said about the DS at the unveiling of this game.

pancakesandsex said:
this looks very promising.

also, i hear norio wakamoto, that automatically makes this game better than games without norio wakamoto.
Norio Wakamoto in Innocence instantly makes this game > Tales games without him. Dimps could have ****ing made it and it would still be better.

Durante

grandjedi6 said:
It would never get released in America then :(
Huh? Because there are no 2D games being released on DS?

Mr. Pointy said:
So how many ARM processors have developers unlocked in the DS? They'd be up to 6 or 7 by now.
Huh again? The DS was "about as powerful as PSX" (though it does have that strange per-frame poly limit) from the start, and this video does nothing if not reinforce that impression -- I can't be the only one to be reminded of many a PS1 RPG upon seeing the overworld.

The overworld looks better than Tales of Symphonia's. :lol :lol

Looks incredible for a DS game. And did I see some awesome gunplay in the combat montage? I've been dreaming of an RPG like that for some time.

Varshes

While I'm not too thrilled about the move to DS, I will probably import this. This is being done by Alpha System, correct? I'm playing Tales of the World Radiant Mythology now and I'm loving it. Wonder who Kaz Nakamura is, Takuya Yasuda from Alpha System did the music for Radiant Mythology. Needs more Sakuraba + Tamura.

Loooks really nice for a DS game, pity I'm not a fan of the series. I've tried with Symphonia, Legendia and Abyss, even badnided about theidea of importing that PSP Tales of game, but I just can't get into the series.

Still it's a marvel to see what they're squeezing out of the DS these days.

ethelred said:
Feel free to assume incorrectly, since Namco's already said Production IG is doing an opening.

sweet. oh and when i put a stupid sad face at the end of a post i'm generally not being entirely serious :p

edit: game looks pretty good. hope it won't take too long for it to be released in NA.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
fall/winter is going to be insane for RPGs on the DS (in japan of course)

ethelred

Linkup said:
Except for the battle effects, which better be early stuff.

Yeah, I do agree the battles were the least impressive aspect visually -- compared to how the towns/cutscenes/overworld looked. Not a lot in the way of effects, and there was some pretty poor animation. But they've still got time to polish things up... given how everything else looks, I'm not too worried. It really seems like a lot of effort's going into the project.

Error said:
fall/winter is going to be insane for RPGs on the DS (in japan of course)

Seriously. ASH, FFIVr, DQIX, ToI, Sakura Taisen, Crystal Chronicles, FFT A2, Summon Night...

grandjedi6

Akai said:
You forget that NOA isn't SCEA...

Durante said:
Huh? Because there are no 2D games being released on DS?

That isn't the reason the other tales of games haven't made it here. Haven't you noticed that Namco only localizes 3D Tales of games to NA. Its not because of SCEA or just being 2D. ITs the fact that Namco thinks 3D games will grab the attention of NA gamers better than 2D games will.

kiryogi

Banned
I swear I can hear Koyasu in there too, and is that Basch's VA @ the end? I can't quite put my finger on it. It's certainly looking solid though. :D Really is Abyss + Aerial madness.

Akai

grandjedi6 said:
That isn't the reason the other tales of games haven't made it here. Haven't you noticed that Namco only localizes 3D Tales of games to NA. Its not because of SCEA or just being 2D. ITs the fact that Namco thinks 3D games will grab the attention of NA gamers better than 2D games will.
Are you sure? (Namco only localizing 3D Tales games might have something to do with the fact that pretty much every Tales game has been for a Sony system outside Symphonia and the crappy Phantasia GBA port...)

Because Namco let Ubisoft publish Tales of Eternia in PAL regions, and I don't see why they'd not allow them to do the same in the U.S... =(

grandjedi6

Akai said:
Are you sure? Because Namco let Ubisoft publish Tales of Eternia in PAL regions, and I don't see why they'd not allow them to do the same in the U.S... =(
Namco doesn't hate 2D, they just don't see a profit in it. They are just fine with letting Ubisoft or Nintendo to publish the 2D ones if they want.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
That was awesome. :O Love the music. :D

ethelred said:
Seriously. ASH, FFIVr, DQIX, ToI, Sakura Taisen, Crystal Chronicles, FFT A2, Summon Night...
Hopefully we get them all. :D

Darji

Banned
Looks ok but where is my next gen Tales of Namco?......

Oh and i want 2D back. 3D for this game sucks like a 3D Mario.

Akai

Darji said:
Looks ok but where is my next gen Tales of Namco?......

Oh and i want 2D back. 3D for this game sucks like a 3D Mario.
Man, if it sucks like a Mario Galaxy we're in for a treat! :lol

Darji

Banned
Akai said:
Man, if it sucks like a Mario Galaxy we're in for a treat! :lol
Somehow i hate Mario since the for me terrible Mario 64. On the other hand i dont even like a 3D Zelda. ^^

lostzenfound

What the hell ever happened to the other DS Tales game? Tales of the Tempest right?
It was 3D and had a pretty sexy look to it, yet we never saw it; so why should we expect this one?

I hate knowing that there are solid-looking RPGs I can play, region-free and all, but mystical runespeak gets me every time (Goemon DS, I'm looking at you too!).

Top Bottom