• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Going to buy a new DS game right now, quick suggestions

Xeke

Banned
Blah blah yeah yeah, its been done a million times and I have to leave shortly and I made a quick search but most of them were outdated.

I have:
FF3
NSMB
Sonic Rush
Advance Wars
Meteos
Mario Kart
Animal Crossing

and a bunch more from '05 I'm not worried about you recommending.

I'm not so sure EBA is the game for me and that has been the one thrown around the recommendation threads the most. So looking for other games.

Evlar

Banned
EBA- It's getting recommended even if you're hesitant about it.
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime- Short, easy, but hilarious fun while it lasts.
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow- It's a Metroidvania.
Etrian Odyssey- Probably the best original RPG for the system out so far (if you don't count Zelda PH).

jvalioli

If you really don't want EBA, go for Phoenix Wright.

I do think you should try EBA though. I didn't really like rhythm games until I played EBA and then I got into Guitar Hero. Right now they are two of my favorite games.

Xeke

Banned
Well I'd completely forgotten about the Castlevania games. Well...I'm off. Maybe they wont have most of them and it'll make my decision much easier.

Rimshot

Somnid said:
I must also recommend EBA, to have a DS and no EBA is criminal.

The only good song in EBA is the Jamiruquai song. The rest stinks tbh :/
And Ouendan 2 songs weren't much to jump for either. I like the first Ouendans song choices the most of the Ouendan type games.

sphinx

the piano man
you guys recommending Etrian Odyssey. I searched in stores like crazy only to give up after learning that atlus HATES money and makes a 5k print of their games every 3 months.

Ebay was my only choice.

quoting Kaplan:

"...if you see it, buy it because demand is higher than the supply..."

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wow we haven't had a thread like this before!

OP, please just do a search and check one of the hundreds of other DS game suggestion threads (there is pretty much one per day).

If you want value for money Contact is kinda rad. Very quirky RPG with some classic elements and cool styling. Check reviews and impressions first- many people just got bored after a few hours. Others loved it.

Amir0x

Banned
AniHawk said:
You're a Metroid Prime filthmonger. Why didn't you recommend Pinball, or the awful, awful Hunters?

Because Hunters SUCKED ass and was a joke compared to Prime series.

But Pinball!

That was good. Good indeed.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Zefah said:
Wow we haven't had a thread like this before!

OP, please just do a search and check one of the hundreds of other DS game suggestion threads (there is pretty much one per day).
He already acknowledged that and said he did a search, but the results were too "outdated" for his liking. Some posts here naming games that haven't come out yet is a good way to future-proof this thread.

Now if there was only a way this thread would stay visible long enough so that further new "recommend me some DS games" threads would not be made.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Xeke said:
EBA is the game ... that has been the one thrown around the recommendation threads the most.
If you want me to do some more legwork to prove you further wrong, just ask.

Amir0x

Banned
dog$ is a pretty hyper specialized poster, he is basically a repository for DS recommendation threads. Odd, considering his preferences. But trust me, when he says there were recommendation threads that contained this title and the others, it's true!

Planet Puzzle League is cool and fun, but I hate the way they did it. I mean, it totally lacks charm, and it feels like they're trying to copy Lumines and Meteos, but falling short and becoming a poor man's Honeycomb Beat (in regard to style).

Gameplay rocks, no doubt about it. But Nintendo actually put effort into REMOVING a hidden skin!

Anyway, everyone ought to buy Dragon Quest Heroes, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All. Trauma Center did really well, much better than those three combined. And Etrian Odyssey too I spose you should buy.

And WTF am I thinking? EBA bombed bad too.

Xeke

Banned
Amir0x said:
dog$ is a pretty hyper specialized poster, he is basically a repository for DS recommendation threads. Odd, considering his preferences. But trust me, when he says there were recommendation threads that contained this title and the others, it's true!

There were and I went to the store with the intent of buying Yoshi's Island or Dawn of Sorrow.

Unfortunately they didn't have either so I fell back on GAF's praise of EBA.

Firestorm

objection
hold it

If you don't know what game that's from, then that's a sign you need to pick up Phoenix Wright! If you do, then that means you've obviously heard about it but are dumb and did not pick it up. You should fix that.

Ok. So you bought EBA. That's still good. Next time get PW and Pokemon.

laserbeam

Banned
Agents!,Agents!,Agents!,Agents!

EBA!!!

game seems kinda weak when played on easy but it gets alot better once the ongs get on higher difficulty

Top Bottom