• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forever Blue video of the game played

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Graphics are very nice. Im still very confused though. This reminds me of shenmue alot for some reason. Presentation wise.

Can't wait to swim with the dolphins!

flippera71ea7me8.jpg

bud

i can see what they're trying to do here but there's nothing interesting going on.

who on earth would want to ''play'' this in co-op?

USD

I do enough dolphin rubbing already without this game. But for what the "game" is, it seems okay.

Lots of intriguing details there:

-- A reasonable selection of apparently appropriate tracks to play (in-game or off SD card?)

-- Full movement, rather than the limited movement in Everblue

-- Gorgeous graphics with some nice details & fantastic animation

-- An apparently sizeable area to explore at your leisure

Still want to see/read more, but still very interested

kizmah

To bad my work computer sucks and i can't watch this clip but I am very, very much looking forward to this game. Isn't it coming out in Japan today?

Mudhoney

The video seems to show a feature that lets you draw (in different colors) on the ocean floor. You just know there will be penises.

iceatcs said:
This game is broken, I hope they will fix it for USA/PAL version.
I saw a video of a glitch in the game, but from what I could tell it was an annoying sound during loading screens if you play your own mp3. What is broken about the game?

hamzik said:
To bad my work computer sucks and i can't watch this clip but I am very, very much looking forward to this game. Isn't it coming out in Japan today?
Yeah, I think so. Or maybe it was yesterday, Japan time. Impressions would be nice.

_RT_

Actually... now that I listen to the music I'm curious if they leave the selection the same for the US version. I hope they do.

Danielsan

I'm impressed by the graphics but petting and poking fishes doesn't exactly make an interesting game. Ooh well atleast it seems like it will be the perfect "game" to pop in and relax for half an hour.

Haunted

Looks great, but I never was one for scuba-diving. The last time I played a game taking place mainly in the water, it was Ecco the Dolphin on DC.

That said, this looks like a solid improvement from their last two scuba-diving games, both content- and graphics wise. (at least as far as I can tell :) )

M3d10n

This game has a strange appeal to me. I'm really drawn to underwater exploration, to the point that I wasted major time just swimming around the pretty levels in Ecco for DC.

I hope this gets a US release.

Souldriver said:
Good lord, that music!
1892.gif
Thankfully it supports custom soundtracks from SD cards.

EDIT: Now I noticed... the shadows in the ship's deck are fully real time! Very nice, Arika! Slap all those other 3rd party devs right on the face.

ksamedi

Apparently this is just a relaxation game where you explore the see and creatures, the Famitsu review mentioned that there were a lot of events, whatever that means, but i think there is a lot of things to do in this game. I also saw a Camera icon and i wonder what painting in the see was al about.

Neo Child

Banned
The graphics are very nice, while on the boat I was thinking how awesome a point n click adventure game for Wii would be, especially with graphics as nice as those.

Danielsan said:
I'm impressed by the graphics but petting and poking fishes doesn't exactly make an interesting game. Ooh well atleast it seems like it will be the perfect "game" to pop in and relax for half an hour.
It's a "nongame".

Orobi said:
So, this is a port, or a sequel to Everblue 1 and 2 for PS2.
Arika is the same developer too.
Some screenshots HERE

It's not a port, and this one is being published by Nintendo. And those everblue screenies are deceiving because they're small. Endless Ocean improves the graphics by quite a margin.

Jonnyram

So, I've been playing this for the last two hours, and it's so ****ing relaxing. Totally in love with this as a chill out game. Still not managed to find that dolphin that swam off in the coral forest, but I've found loads of fish so far. The sounds are really nice, and there's an awesome attract mode where you can listen to the theme tune (is it really Enya?) while checking out beautiful scenes.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Orobi said:
So, this is a port, or a sequel to Everblue 1 and 2 for PS2.
Arika is the same developer too.
Some screenshots HERE

It's a sequel, and by the looks of things many of the presentational issues with Everblue 2 have been fixed by Forever Blue.

Jonnyram said:
So, I've been playing this for the last two hours, and it's so ****ing relaxing. Totally in love with this as a chill out game. Still not managed to find that dolphin that swam off in the coral forest, but I've found loads of fish so far. The sounds are really nice, and there's an awesome attract mode where you can listen to the theme tune (is it really Enya?) while checking out beautiful scenes.

Can you confirm/deny online multiplayer and the quality of it? Also, how's the interface for custom soundtracks?

Top Bottom