• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock demo impressions SPOILERS (also Bioshock leaked at Toys R Us)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMaRsu

Banned
dskillzhtown said:
Seeing as my Premium is sitting at a repair shop, I went out and bought an Elite today. Been in all the broken 360 threads talking about it. So I haven't been on in a couple of weeks. Maybe this will prove it to you doubting Thomases -

1119039499_e27c3a5d83.jpg

Or better yet, look at my gamertag in a couple of hours.

Damn yurop :( :(

GreekWolf

Amir0x said:
Still, I cannot wait to play that game too but my jealously would be limited there now sry :(
It's ok bud. We'll save a warm seat on the bandwagon for you. But just know that if a hot blue-skinned alien arrives and needs a spot then you're SoL.

dskillzhtown said:
Seeing as my Premium is sitting at a repair shop, I went out and bought an Elite today. Been in all the broken 360 threads talking about it. So I haven't been on in a couple of weeks. Maybe this will prove it to you doubting Thomases -

I fucking HATE you.

dskillzhtown said:

OH FUCK YOU

sankao

Campster said:
I'm finding it hard to believe someone who already has an XBox Live gamer tag would

A) Not know the game is not supposed to be out, and

B) Purchase an XBox Elite.

I doubt he would fake it knowing how easy is to check what games he actually plays.

Edit : extremely late.

Eric WK

Motherfucker! (Not you, just venting some frustration.)

Places around me never break street dates or anything. Well, Blockbuster put Halo 2 out a day early but I was away at college.

Bah. Have fun man.

dskillzhtown said:
Is this game not supposed to be out yet? I just bought it at Toys R Us. Seems they only had the regular, non-collector's edition though.

1118890995_27b26149a3.jpg

When I looked at that I thought it was an in-box two game bundle with an elite. No big whoop since I'm not buying another 360 anyway.

Then I realized that the games are just sitting on top of the box...

AAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
skip said:
dskillz wins life.

enjoy the game, sir. it is exquisite.

I haven't been hyped about the game much, but that 1upshow special made it look damned good. I was buying an Elite, TRU had that buy Madden, get other game for 50% off, so I decided I will gamble with 30 bucks.

I will post impressions tonight.

Amir0x

Banned
dskillzhtown said:
I haven't been hyped about the game much, but that 1upshow special made it look damned good. I was buying an Elite, TRU had that buy Madden, get other game for 50% off, so I decided I will gamble with 30 bucks.

PLUS BIOSHOCK FOR $30!?

DEAR GOD IN BIOSHOCKing HEAVEN YOU ABOMINABLY LUCKY BASTARD!

dskillzhtown said:

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

GreekWolf

dskillzhtown said:

Oh, delicious irony. A guy who didn't even really want the game is the first to get his hands on it.

dskillzhtown said:

*salivates*

Fusebox

Banned
Should start a new thread for the early retail releases before we see 50 pages of that pic being quoted and people blowing their tops.

DrBo42

dskillzhtown said:

You better remember how to use spoiler tags. If you don't I'll be an angry person on the internet that you can ignore, and you don't want that. In any case, congrats and enjoy the experience.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
AWESOME EARLY BIOSHOCK LOVE

DrBo42 said:
You better remember how to use spoiler tags. If you don't I'll be an angry person on the internet that you can ignore, and you don't want that. In any case, congrats and enjoy the experience.
:lol :lol :lol

3rdman

In the past, I've been able to convince places like EB to sell me a game early if its been proven that other companies have broken the street date. Hmmm....

Seth C

The LE is only at Gamestop/EB, right? That's the one that I want, so I suppose I'll hold off - even if the local Toys R Us happens to be selling it early.

What can I say apart from "You are a lucky fellow. Just lock the doors and windows tonight before crazed NeoGAFers try to break in." (this would be good advice for Toys 'R' Us employees as well).

dskillzhtown said:

What, 'gamble'? You are not worthy :p.

GreekWolf said:
Oh, delicious irony. A guy who didn't even really want the game is the first to get his hands on it.

Yeah, crying shame, though it's the way of the world.

Amir0x

Banned
Yeah it's true buying Bioshock for even its full price is as much a gamble as, say, picking out of a hat between two wallets where one has $5000 in cash, and the other has $4999 in cash.

Dammit, I'm in D.C. and I don't remember seeing a TRU anywhere within a 25 mile radius.

It's going to be an agonizing 8 days....

Edit:NVM I just remembered that's a KayBee. Thanks for the Bailey's heads up Patrickula!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Eric WK said:
What city is the Toys 'R Us in where you found it?

Houston. They actually didn't have it with the rest of the display boxes, just where the actual games are. It was a bit obscured by papers promoting some promotions they were having. The sales guy had no idea it was in, but rang me up.

Saint Gregory said:
Dammit, I'm in D.C. and I don't remember seeing a TRU anywhere within a 25 mile radius.
There's one in Bailey's Crossroads, if you can get out to NOVA. I did the buy two get one free thing there.

Salazar

Fina1e said:
Bioshock causes global Toys R Us shutdown confirmed.

I would run, without delay, barefoot and despicably unfit, the several kilometres to the nearest Toys R Us if this were a global development. It wouldn't be open yet. I'd cling to the doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom