• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Commodore 64 & Spectrum All-Stars coming to Wii/DS?

Endless

58140617220070911045845.jpg
211487820620070911045717.jpg

113963110720070911045839.jpg
37385924620070911045645.jpg

DS / PC / Wii - Commodore Allstars Volume 1

PC Version release Q3 , DS Version Q4

Full details soon

We are now working on a range of DS games - more details to follow very soon ! But retro fans will love this one !!

All you could ask for and more in terms of retro on a DS - coming in 2007 !!

In addition, a game called 'Oracle' is on its way to both formats...

150873650120070911050129.jpg

With some of the original team and concept artists , and all new coders , ORACLE a mobile adventure is being transformed for the DS, and the PC , and the Wii...forums are already buzzing with excitement , and we are aiming to make a classic all time game for the DS / Wii , action , platform , RPG game lovers....

Watch this space for more details soon....

Coming ....Q4 2007...the DS adventure game you have been waiting for !!

WTF?
Alten8.com/products

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
You know, I stumbled across this recently too... I can't remember what led me to it, but there was some other game I was trying to find and I saw the link...

Oh, I remember...

1. I visited The Goat Store to check for any odd classic gaming deals.

2. While there, I clicked on the Goat Store Publishing to see if any new homebrew stuff was available, and there I saw...

3. A link to this press release about some sort of DC Homebrew title coming to the DS, courtesy of Harmless Lion Studios and ...

4. Alten8. They claim to have WiiWare titles and DS titles coming, including...

5. C-64 Allstars for the DS and Wii.

The thing is I had the impression they announced this back in March and that we had NO new information about it -- I assumed it was a dinky company that never actual approval from Nintendo or a publisher (co-publisher?) interested.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Interesting, but it's questionable how many will hold-up these days.

Would work better as VC or WiiWare downloads. I'd get a load of C64 stuff just for the Rob Hubbard/Martin Galway music :)

Bring on the Amiga All-Stars please ...

JCBossman

Banned
I would love to play "Legacy of the Ancients" again but I am SERIOUSLY looking through Rose colored glasses( it is going be sad)

Mar

Interesting. I'd love to know what titles will be included.

I personally would prefer them on xblah. But DS or Wii is nothing to be unhappy about.

Destroying potential C64/Spectrum Wii Shop games. Oh well this is better value.

edit. Nice, they're publishing Luc Bernard's platformer on Wii/DS now.
Note that it says Volume 1, blatantly going to screw us.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Alten8 To Develop "Luc Bernard's Eternity's Child" For DS And Wii
10th September, 2007

Alten8 To Develop "Luc Bernard's Eternity's Child" For DS And Wii

Alten8 has agreed with Luc Bernard on the creation and publication of Nintendo DS and Wii versions of the Eternitys Child game , bringing this delightful creation to an even wider audience. Luc will be working closely with Alten8 to bring his creations to life on these formats

The story of Eternitys Child and the orphan ‘Angel’ - the planet on which Eternity's Child is set on. The planet was once filled with many living creatures and vast forests, however due to the pollution created by the habitants the icebergs melted and the whole planet was flooded and most of the creatures became extinct. The creatures without wings that were left became jealous of the ones with wings (that allowed them to survive the flooding), so the land creatures started murdering all the winged creatures until there was none left. To repopulate the world, many mechanical robots were created so that the world would not seem as empty as before, but most of those creatures got out of control and started attacking and destroying what was left.

Eternity's Child Wii version details -

Angel was left at the door of a orphanage when he was a baby, to protect him from being murdered his wings were cut off. The years went by as he stayed in that orphanage, not accepted by the other children and being often tortured and picked on. Angel then escapes from the orphanage to try to find any remaining creatures of his species and hoping to be accepted by them despite him not having his wings.

Details about Wii version –

The entire game is hand drawn
the animations are done traditionally by hand frame by frame (like old disney films)
the soundtrack is all orchestral
the game is an Interactive Fairytale
there will be songs in the game like old disney films
2 player co operative mode will be available
DS version –

the game will be a 3D platform game
will not have the same story as the Wii version
Regular updates and information will appear on the Alten8 and the Eternitys Child web site.

Interesting stuff. Who is Luc Bernard?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
If the words "Jet Set Willy" appear in this game, day one, Wii version, probably and DS too actually.

nofi

DavidDayton said:
I sense some sort of inside knowledge...

Some, yeah. The project looks great, I can't wait for the thing to be released.

I wonder if the Wii version will have some kind of scaling filter? The DS is exactly 1:1 pixel mapped with the Spectrum, so that's perfect, but the Wii obviously isn't.

Stop It

nofi said:
Some, yeah. The project looks great, I can't wait for the thing to be released.

I wonder if the Wii version will have some kind of scaling filter? The DS is exactly 1:1 pixel mapped with the Spectrum, so that's perfect, but the Wii obviously isn't.

Oh, fucking awesome, primary interest switching to DS version.

nofi

Stop It said:
Oh, fucking awesome, primary interest switching to DS version.

I have reason to believe awesome is the perfect description for this. Of course, your enjoyment will depend on the game list, but the emulation will be spot-on.

AlternativeUlster

nofi said:
I have reason to believe awesome is the perfect description for this. Of course, your enjoyment will depend on the game list, but the emulation will be spot-on.

Any chance you could tell us like a couple of the titles for it and also, tell me who Luc Bernard is?

Stop It

nofi said:

As I inferred earlier, you say "Jet Set Willy" I say "BUY BUY BUY", it is that simple.

nofi

AlternativeUlster said:
Any chance you could tell us like a couple of the titles for it and also, tell me who Luc Bernard is?

I was involved a while ago - not only might the game list have changed but I couldn't tell you anyway, sorry. There's some great games in there, though, or at least, there was.

I don't know anything about the C64 one, mind, just the Speccy one.

DeadyFernGarden said:
Amiga was rumored to be hitting VC. Don't ask me for a source I think I read it here. Could have been a sick joke

Damn sick joke... Ughh just thinking of all amiga classics... Yeah many(most?) were also on pc but still... That tugs on the heart strings.

AlternativeUlster

nofi said:
I was involved a while ago - not only might the game list have changed but I couldn't tell you anyway, sorry. There's some great games in there, though, or at least, there was.

I don't know anything about the C64 one, mind, just the Speccy one.

Any chance you could say how many games are on it or their planned retail price? Also, they should pull a Smash Bros and do a website update everynight when they announce a new C64 or Spectrum game and say whether or not its being released on the DS and/or Wii.

nofi

AlternativeUlster said:
Any chance you could say how many games are on it or their planned retail price? Also, they should pull a Smash Bros and do a website update everynight when they announce a new C64 or Spectrum game and say whether or not its being released on the DS and/or Wii.

No, because if they don't have that number (this was before the 'Volume 1' subtitle) people might be disappointed. It's been months since I heard anything official, sorry, but what I had back then was a good list of stuff that will make most people very happy. As far as I know I'm still under NDA.

Stop It said:
As I inferred earlier, you say "Jet Set Willy" I say "BUY BUY BUY", it is that simple.
They own the IP to 500 classic games from these old consoles. They won't own them all.. and certainly not when California games/Epyx is planning on remakes for Wii/DS/PSP/WiiWare.

I don't think they'll own JSW tbh.

Stop It

Visualante said:
They own the IP to 500 classic games from these old consoles. They won't own them all.. and certainly not when California games/Epyx is planning on remakes for Wii/DS/PSP/WiiWare.

I don't think they'll own JSW tbh.

Bah :(

(I Would kill for a visually updated California games on WiiWare).

CTLance

What would be awesome if there were some cracktros as unlockable content. I remember playing the cracked version of one C64 game despite my friend owning the original version (his C64 - never owned one), just because the music and graphics were awesome. Thing is, the game was shitty. I only ever played it for the cracktro. :lol

Now where did I put the HVSC... Screw it, where are my 'scenemusic' bookmarks. I feel like listening to some good stuff.

nofi

OK, here's some info on the games on the Speccy compilation. There should be around 100 titles on it, and I'm guessing these would include Wheelie, Skooldaze, Splat!, Everyone's a Wally and Ant Attack. There's also likely to be some adventures (as there'll be a keyboard for text) and some modern stuff.

=)

Visualante said:

Fingers crossed for Jumpman, Jumpman Junior and Impossible Mission.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
So is this a compilation of popular C64 titles? If so, maybe we can finally get 'next-gen' M.U.L.E.

gcfan2k5

Stop It said:
Bah :(

(I Would kill for a visually updated California games on WiiWare).

Ill try to dig up a link, but an australian website did an interview with the cali games guys, who are BRINGING cali games to wii-ware sometime next year :D

EDIT 3: http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=7595
that link is the one i was talking about, confirming it is coming.

EDIT http://www.gamespot.com/wii/sports/californiagames/index.html

gamespot has it now too

System 3 prepping updates to California Games and Impossible Mission first, with more planned in the future; Last Ninja trilogy also on the way.

Impossible mission is coming too, which some of you wanted.

EDIT2: more info,
California Games will include unlockable versions of Winter Games and Summer Games.

The titles have original mechanics and gameplay, but upgraded graphics, dont know if they are still coming, but they were most certainly planned so i dont see why not.

dock

Play 50 classic retro games originally for the Sinclair Spectrum Computer on your normal Windows PC - with a simple easy to use menu driven emulator system , this is classic gaming fun for all the family !! From young to old , you will have many hours of fun playing the 50 games on this release , many of them number 1 best sellers in their day !! From 3D Ant Attack to Egghead , they are all on this release , with Volumes 2 and 3 already being compiled , and C64 Volumes 1 and 2 also !!--- These are fully licensed games , from the authors and rights owners of them , collected together on potentially the only fully licensed , mass collections done in modern history - please do not buy pirate collections , who only fill the pockets of pirates , buy the versions from Alten8 , who give the money back to the people who actually do own / wrote the games ! --- Games on this volume are - 3D Ant Attack , Bloodwych , Moontorc , Squamble , Super Kid , Venturama , Mole On The Dole , Boxing Manager , The General , Football Glory , The Realm , Chopper Mission , Shark , Loco Bingo , Lop Ears , Snakes And Ladders , Harry The Magical , The Last Vampire , Tank Command , Change It , Lunar Cargo , The Fantastic Mister Fruity , RED LED , Mega Demo , World Cup Challenge , Laser Attack , Lunar Cargo 2 , Egghead , Crazy Golf , Vigilante Patrol , Air to Air Combat , Green Light , Gloop , Hang The Man , Demonslair , Egghead 2 , Grand Prix Driver , Gun Powder Treason And Plot , Sink The Sub , Dynamite Fishing , Downtown , Robin The Outlaw , Rough Justice , Higgledy Piggledy , Jungle Jie , Area 51 , Doughnut Heist , Deathscape , Dogfight 2187 , Ratattak

This is from the PC version of ZX Spectrum Allstars, but it is probably a good guide of what to expect. One of the titles is Venturama, which was originally released for free on Your Sinclair covertape. I played that game again about six months ago and it's nigh on unplayable due to annoying controls. :(

My initial enthusiasm for these releases has now been quashed.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
dock UK said:
This is from the PC version of ZX Spectrum Allstars, but it is probably a good guide of what to expect. One of the titles is Venturama, which was originally released for free on Your Sinclair covertape. I played that game again about six months ago and it's nigh on unplayable due to annoying controls. :(

My initial enthusiasm for these releases has now been quashed.

Apart from 3D Ant Attack that's a pretty rubbish selection.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
nofi said:
OK, here's some info on the games on the Speccy compilation. There should be around 100 titles on it, and I'm guessing these would include Wheelie, Skooldaze, Splat!, Everyone's a Wally and Ant Attack. There's also likely to be some adventures (as there'll be a keyboard for text) and some modern stuff.

=)

Ant Attack?

Sold. Thanks for the info :D

Top Bottom