• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worms Open Warfare 2 for DS

Insaniac

Recently picked up this game at my local gamestop. I gotta say, it's fantastic! It feels like when I first played Worms 2 for the PC, everything feels like it's retained the perfect classic formula, nothing is overdone. The option given to you to edit your teams and schemes are wide and the landscape editor is very deep too. I've still only scratched the surface for single player, but it seems to be very good too!

Plus, it has Wi-Fi!!!!

If anyone has this game and would like to add me to their friend list, PM me!

Friend Codes:

Insaniac: 3179 3847 1292
Jaded Alyx: 0602 3993 9224
HomShaBom: 0215 8496 7885
VultureDude: 0215 8553 9257

Insaniac said:
Recently picked up this game at my local gamestop. I gotta say, it's fantastic! It feels like when I first played Worms 2 for the PC, everything feels like it's retained the perfect classic formula, nothing is overdone. The option given to you to edit your teams and schemes are wide and the landscape editor is very deep too. I've still only scratched the surface for single player, but it seems to be very good too!

Plus, it has Wi-Fi!!!!

If anyone has this game and would like to add me to their friend list, PM me!

Agree 100%

Jefklak

has been another thread about it, but yeah, I want it.
Does it offer acceptable graphics compared to worms 2 on the PC?
I found the PSP version to be looking superiour and still think that COULD be done on the DS!

maxmars

The game is golden, many options, tight gameplay, everything is there for a purpose. The only negative thing I have to say it's that it crashed on me a bit too much.

HomShaBom

Banned
maxmars said:
The game is golden, many options, tight gameplay, everything is there for a purpose. The only negative thing I have to say it's that it crashed on me a bit too much.

Crashed? The DS version? I've seen no other reports of it.

Anyone else want to play online w/friend codes?

HomShaBom

Banned
skinnyrattler said:
Just picked this up w/ Metroid and Wii Controller w/Wii Play :p. Can't wait to crack open. Is this the official Friend Codes thread?
Might as well be. Will be so awesome when we can have 4 player battles.

So, aside from the online play, how does this stack up to the first Worms Open Warfare game? I've considered getting this one but I felt the first one was probably the worst Worms game I've played, not that I've played them all. Much improved?

HomShaBom

Banned
The Mighty Schwein said:
So, aside from the online play, how does this stack up to the first Worms Open Warfare game? I've considered getting this one but I felt the first one was probably the worst Worms game I've played, not that I've played them all. Much improved?

Much improved, this is actually worth the money.
edit: omfg

I'm a Worms n00b (the computer's amazing cross level wind using rockets simply astound me), this will be the first title I'll own (I've only rented other titles from time to time), and I'm glad I held out, this is the ultimate worms experience :D

021585539257 if anyone's interested

HomShaBom

Banned
lol.

VultureDude said:
I'm a Worms n00b, this will be the first title I'll own (I've only rented other titles from time to time), and I'm glad I held out, this is the ultimate worms experience :D

Adding you, my code is up page, online now? we can get a 3 player going. Shit we started another? X_X

VultureDude said:
I'm a Worms n00b, this will be the first title I'll own (I've only rented other titles from time to time), and I'm glad I held out, this is the ultimate worms experience :D

Will add later.

HomShaBom said:
lol.

Adding you, my code is up page, online now? we can get a 3 player going.

I would, but my DS is currently charging; and where it's currently charging doesn't really get any Wifi signal, so it'd likely disconnect half way through a match, but yeah, 3-4 player sounds great.

VultureDude said:
I would, but my DS is currently charging; and where it's currently charging doesn't really get any Wifi signal, so it'd likely disconnect half way through a match, but yeah, 3-4 player sounds great.

Ok. Make sure you add me too. 060239 939224

What the.."Communication error"??

maxmars

HomShaBom said:
Crashed? The DS version? I've seen no other reports of it.

Anyone else want to play online w/friend codes?

IIRC somebody here in another thread mentioned that single cart play is notoriously buggy.. I also had a couple of crashes during single player sessions. Online so far is fine.

HomShaBom

Banned
maxmars said:
IIRC somebody here in another thread mentioned that single cart play is notoriously buggy.. I also had a couple of crashes during single player sessions. Online so far is fine.

Yeah Single Cart isn't even synched. But crashes? None. Who the hell plays single cart anyway, online wifi is fine.

HomShaBom

Banned
haha this Enter The Dragon theme rocks
edit: wtf @ my guy spawning on some random rock at the bottom
edit2: lol @ self ownage

VultureDude said:
how good is everyone online as a rule? good enough to warrent a comment I take it :lol

I haven't played against many people who are all that tough. It's just that both HomShaBom and I seem to eating out of the same bowl of mass suck tonight:lol

I named my team "Cannon Fodder" with team members "jools" "jops" "Stu" and "RJ"

anyone who has ever played Cannon Fodder knows what I'm talking about :D

ShowDog

I'd like to get this game, but is it seriously worth $30 for a Worms remake? Although it's only $10 less, 20 bucks seems like the magic pricepoint for me. Am I being unreasonable?

(btw: Bomberman only cost 20, though it doesn't have online).

mario kart DS is pretty much a glorified remake as well, and it sold for more. I guess I just feel like I'm getting a good deal cause it's also 29.99 Canadian, and almost every new DS game costs upwards of 35 or 40 bucks up here.

Insaniac

Well, my wifi is down at the moment, so I will get my friend code out once I can get that fixed, but I am lovin this game!

Added the friend codes to the OP

Top Bottom