• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Avatar: The Last Airbender Book 3 Thread of Concentrated Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
51yBqJz9qaL._SS500_.jpg

One of the most surprisingly quality shows on television is finally returning tomorrow, and it definitely deserves a new thread. For those of you that haven't yet seen the Book 3 teaser (and it was released at Comic Con, so why not!?), please visit this link. There's some clean pants in the corner for you guys after you're done.

Hype hype hype here :D

avatar-the-last-airbender-20070906024804362-000-000.jpg

THANKS TO Snaku for the following:

threadbegin.jpg

THE AVATAR IS BACK!

6c3ey41.gif

Book 3: Fire
Chapter 1 - The Awakening (Airdate: Sept. 21, 8:30 PM EST)
Chapter 2 - The Headband (Airdate: Sept. 28, 8:30 PM EST)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Book 3: Fire SDCC Trailer
"2 Days" Commercial
"10 Straight Weeks" Commercial
Avatar Roku vs. Fire Lord Sozin 2-minute clip

Avatar: TLA Magazine "Enter: The Fire Nation" is on newsstands now!

6640rdi.png

Contains
-Interviews with the voice actors
-Spotlight on cosplayers and artists
-Games & puzzles
-Book 3 hints & clues
-5 comics chronicling the time between Book 2 & 3
-It's only $4.99 you cheap ass, go buy it! ;)

Book 3 Volume 1 coming to DVD Octorber 30

6evkcax.jpg

threadend.gif

Leaves from the vine
Falling so slow
Like fragile tiny shells
Drifting in the foam
Little soldier boy, come marching home
Brave soldier boy, comes marching home

mako.jpg

calder

:rock:

My most anticipated returning show this fall, no doubt. Does that shame you network TV? I didn't think so, but it should.

jman2050

I haven't been this excited for a TV show in a LOOOOOOOOOONG time.

This season should be full of all sorts of win :D

Snaku

Banned
Awww, I had a giant official thread all layed out with lots of media, and tons of info a few hours ago. But I got drug out to dinner before I could proofread it, and hit submit.

Then Ami slides right in and steals my thunder. =(

Can anyone point me to where I can get all the Avatar box sets on the cheap? Amazon has it for 30-ish percent off, but it's still kind of steep when you consider there are three of them. Thanks.

trejo

Oh man, can't freaking wait. I'm still not sure about non-bald Aang, though. I mean, his arrow just looks weird now.

calder

Shouta said:
I wanna go into the future a year so I can watch this entire season in one sitting >=|
Aw man, you just reminded me how I only got into Avatar (thanks to the thread here, I owe you one GAF!) as the second season ended. I was able to watch the entire first season over a couple of nights then inhaled the second season in less than a day like a chocolate cake sprinkled with crack and heroin. That was pretty sweet, I love it when you find something so great that's far enough along that you can enjoy a giant heaping mess of it right off the bat.

Mugen

Banned
FUCK YAH I'M SO HYPED AND SO READY I THINK IM GONNA BEAT OFF TO SOME TOPH HENTAI BEFORE WATCHING IT!! OH YAH!

Ezduo

Banned
Shouta said:
I wanna go into the future a year so I can watch this entire season in one sitting >=|

I had stopped watching the show since book one ended but over the summer I literally watched every episode of book two in one sitting. It was amazing...

Beezy

calder said:
Aw man, you just reminded me how I only got into Avatar (thanks to the thread here, I owe you one GAF!) as the second season ended. I was able to watch the entire first season over a couple of nights then inhaled the second season in less than a day like a chocolate cake sprinkled with crack and heroin. That was pretty sweet, I love it when you find something so great that's far enough along that you can enjoy a giant heaping mess of it right off the bat.
Me and my cousin watched seasons 1 and 2 in two days last summer. Waiting for a new episode each week is gonna be hell for me. :/

ok . . . anyone can explain how suddenly everyone appears so old when to my knowledge the showdown with
the Fire Lord
was only at the end of that season? wtf timeline?

Banned
The Frankman said:
ok . . . anyone can explain how suddenly everyone appears so old when to my knowledge the showdown with
the Fire Lord
was only at the end of that season? wtf timeline?
I think it's only been a month. the showdown has to happen before the winter solstice, and at the end of season 2 it was pretty close, i think.

I think it's only been a month. the showdown has to happen before the winter solstice, and at the end of season 2 it was pretty close, i think.
That the point I was trying to make. How the hell to they suddenly get like 2 years older?? I know the early boxarts of Seasons 1 & 2 have never reflected the characters well at all (see badass Katara and Co. in Season 1 DVD covers) but Aang with hair? Katara? WTF? They get in contact with the Beyonder or something? :lol

I mean the series has done a remarkable job keeping themselves within the relative boundaries of reality. If they really look like that in the cartoon, it seems like a M. Night Shamaylan twist.

Barrage

Never got into this show. It's funny, the local Classic Video has 300 Anime/Cartoon DVDs, but no Avatar. :( I'll have to wait 'til I can find a season for #20.

Amir0x

Banned
Snaku said:
Awww, I had a giant official thread all layed out with lots of media, and tons of info a few hours ago. But I got drug out to dinner before I could proofread it, and hit submit.

Then Ami slides right in and steals my thunder. =(

well whatever your thing was, go ahead and show it, and i'll edit the post with it

Snaku

Banned
The Frankman said:
That the point I was trying to make. How the hell to they suddenly get like 2 years older?? I know the early boxarts of Seasons 1 & 2 have never reflected the characters well at all (see badass Katara and Co. in Season 1 DVD covers) but Aang with hair? Katara? WTF? They get in contact with the Beyonder or something? :lol

They don't look that much older than they did at the end of Book 2. Go pick up the new Avatar Magazine. There are comics that show what happens between the end of Book 2 and the beginning of Book 3. Since Aang is knocked unconscious for a month or more, nobody has bothered to keep his head shaved, so it's been growing out. It's not unthinkable that a child's hair could grow an inch or two over the span of a month.

For people that don't like the look, he'll be bald again at some point later in the season.

Lhadatt

LightningZero5 said:
Can anyone point me to where I can get all the Avatar box sets on the cheap? Amazon has it for 30-ish percent off, but it's still kind of steep when you consider there are three of them. Thanks.
Two. Unless you've somehow found the Magical Season 3 Boxset That Which Hasn't Yet Been Released.

Lhadatt

The Frankman said:

I mean the series has done a remarkable job keeping themselves within the relative boundaries of reality. If they really look like that in the cartoon, it seems like a M. Night Shamaylan twist.
What are you smoking? I just finished the S2 box, so I'll point out where you're wrong.

- Aang is zapped by Crazy Chick while in the Avatar State at the end of the season, so he's obviously going to be out of it for a while as he heals and tries to get back to fighting strength.
- Aang is shown near the end of S2 shaving his head - it seems somewhat innocent at the time, but now that the S3 promos are here it's obvious they snuck that visual cue in to make viewers realize he's not permanently bald.
- Katara always had longer hair, but it was bound by the loopies and other crap. Her loopies and stuff were messed up by the time of the fight with Zuko and Crazy Chick, so her hair was shown at its true length for the fight and the escape.

They're only a month older. They needed to change appearances to get into the Fire Nation unnoticed. It's not that they actually look older - they just look different.

karasu

The Frankman said:

puberty happens.

Snaku

Banned
threadbegin.jpg

THE AVATAR IS BACK!

6c3ey41.gif

Book 3: Fire
Chapter 1 - The Awakening (Airdate: Sept. 21, 8:30 PM EST)
Chapter 2 - The Headband (Airdate: Sept. 28, 8:30 PM EST)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Book 3: Fire SDCC Trailer
"2 Days" Commercial
"10 Straight Weeks" Commercial
Avatar Roku vs. Fire Lord Sozin 2-minute clip

Avatar: TLA Magazine "Enter: The Fire Nation" is on newsstands now!

6640rdi.png

Contains
-Interviews with the voice actors
-Spotlight on cosplayers and artists
-Games & puzzles
-Book 3 hints & clues
-5 comics chronicling the time between Book 2 & 3
-It's only $4.99 you cheap ass, go buy it! ;)

Book 3 Volume 1 coming to DVD Octorber 30

6evkcax.jpg

threadend.gif

Leaves from the vine
Falling so slow
Like fragile tiny shells
Drifting in the foam
Little soldier boy, come marching home
Brave soldier boy, comes marching home

mako.jpg

That was going to be my thread. I still would like to pad it out and keep adding to it as things move along (like updating the chapter titles and airdates when the info is made available, adding new commercials & clips, etc.). Do as you will Amir0x.

karasu said:
puberty happens.
For a 111 year old guy it took awhile. Though mass simultaneous puberty outbreaks are rare I've heard it's been known to happen in groups before. All that stored up Avatar energy probably rubbed off on all of them and exploded. I'll buy that I guess.

So I've watched sporadic episodes of the show, and know that it's awesome...but I didn't catch season 2. :-\

I just got all the season 2 DVDs and episodes from a friend of mine, so I'm going to watch them all in one shot to prepare myself for season 3.

I am curious about that Mako thing...what episode did this occur in?

Mmmm, Avatar. I own all of the DVDs currently released and have been waiting for this day. I have a post-it-note stuck on my TV screen to remind myself to NOT FORGET TO WATCH. Pity me though, for next week I'm on vacation and may not be able to watch the next episode when it airs.

Ferrio

Banned
New avatar, damn wonder how long I'll keep up this Kamina glasses thing, makes changing avatars a bigger task than it should be.

Lhadatt

captmcblack said:
I am curious about that Mako thing...what episode did this occur in?
Mako died while S2 was in production, but he had already recorded all of his lines. The Avatar crew was able to find a replacement actor for Iroh that actually is a pretty good match (but not perfect - Mako is irreplaceable).

Nolan.

Ferrio said:
I'm tempted not to watch it so I can see more in clumps... doubt that'll happen though :(.

Me too I rather watching it in clumps. Plus it's not like I have much choice i'm in the U.K. Hope you guys enjoy yourselves anyway.

Economan

Canada Snaku. YTV plays Avatar at 5 on Fridays. And as of now, I don't know what was better. The first 5mins, or the Goodnights commercial that played directly after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom