• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Note reference found in killing, video games to be blamed later....

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8S1GBE80&show_article=1&cat=0

BRUSSELS, Oct. 3 (AP) - (Kyodo)—Notes referring to the name of a serial killer in the popular Japanese comic "Death Note" were found near human body parts in southern Brussels last week, according to a recent local newspaper report.

Two notes reading "Watashi wa Kira desu," a Japanese phrase meaning "I am Kira," were left at the scene, according to an article published Monday by Belgium's La Derniere Heure.

In the comic, the main character tries to rid the world of evil by typing the names of criminals on a Death Note, which has the power to kill them. The unidentified serial killer is known as Kira.

According to the article, a man walking in a Brussels park last Friday afternoon found thighs and a lower abdomen. The body parts are believed to belong to a Caucasian man who has yet to be identified.

The newspaper reported that local police have launched a murder investigation and that they consider it unlikely that the notes were left there coincidentally.

Translated versions of "Death Note" are available in Belgium, where the comic is popular among young people.

Yay, now manga is influencing crazy people.

X26

Banned
This weeaboo sure does suck at reading, unless you're giving them heart attacks you're doing it wrong.

And yea, messed up

While we are on the subject of Death Note, I find this endlessly pleasing:

simpsonsdeathnote.jpeg

:D

UnholySpectacle said:
While we are on the subject of Death Note, I find this endlessly pleasing:

http://home.comcast.net/~jeffkun/simpsonsdeathnote.jpeg/IMG]
:D[/QUOTE]

I am in love with Space Coyote

also that main character looks like the futurama version of Beck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom