• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yet another price drop for the Xbox360 in Europe?

After PS3's price drop news last week, some online magazines are reporting Microsoft is set to fight back and drop the price of the Xbox360 premium+Halo 3 pack down to €299 and the Xbox Elite to €399 later this month (October, 23rd they say). Supposedly the news come from some info received by several retailers in (at least) Spain. I don't really know how the Xbox360+Forza+Viva Piñata for €349 fits here, but if they finally confirm this information it should make a very interesting Xmas season.

BTW sorry if posted. In that case u can just lock it.

RBH

I approve of competing price drops, whether it be bundles or not.

Should definitely be an interesting holiday season in Europe.

Loudninja said:
They already confirmed new bundles
Do you not read??? This would be an €89 price drop on the current Halo 3/Premium bundle that is on sale in stores right now.

The new prices would be:

Premium 360 + Halo 3 - €299
Elite 360 + Halo 3 - €399

And if this is true (and I find it pretty damn likely...MS isn't stupid enough to not match price drops), it looks like my tag will need to be changed. :D

Bad translation of the link:

Although nobody from Microsoft has confirmed it (although some retailer him "it has escaped"), seems to be that at the end of the present month Xbox 360 it will reduce his price in the versions Premium and Elite (the 23 of October in Europe and the USA), for thus "competing" with the recent slope of PlayStation 3. This movement must to a large extent to that the campaign of Christmas is around the corner and in October and November we will see titles of the caliber of Half-Life 2: Orange Box, Project Gotham Racing 4, Army of Two, Assassin´s Creed, Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Alive Pinata: Party Animals, TimeShift, Mass Effect, Soldier of Fortune 3: Pay Back, Clive Barker´s Jericho or for Need Speed: ProStreet, between many others. At the moment one hopes that Xbox 360 Premium leaves to 299? + Halo 3, whereas the Elite would remain in 399. It is question of days that announces, so you we will let it know arrived the moment.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Someone tell me what these new prices would be in real money (GBP).

Oh, and:

2456256245624652465265256.jpg

Not a bad deal.

EDIT: Interesting how they call it Xbox 360 V2 (HDMI?)

F#A#Oo

Banned
Hmm hope so...

I need a 360 but have been waiting for the 65nm hardware update to happen...just so I can minimise my chance's of getting a faulty 360 unit.

But...a bundle of PGR and Halo for me would be the real deal breaker and is the bundle I'm looking for.:D

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
ichigo kurosaki said:
After PS3's price drop news last week, some online magazines are reporting Microsoft is set to fight back and drop the price of the Xbox360 premium+Halo 3 pack down to €299 and the Xbox Elite to €399 later this month (October, 23rd they say). Supposedly the news come from some info received by several retailers in (at least) Spain. I don't really know how the Xbox360+Forza+Viva Piñata for €349 fits here, but if they finally confirm this information it should make a very interesting Xmas season.

BTW sorry if posted. In that case u can just lock it.

I can't seriously see them packing in Halo 3, but if they do.............

EDIT: I take that back. Microsoft is not fucking around.

halo3bundledeal.jpg

F#A#Oo

Banned
Interesting! The way things are going it looks like MS and Sony will withdraw from making consoles after the 360 and PS3. Either that or they'll adopt the Nintendo philosophy of this generation...whilst Nintendo is off doing something else...

[Nintex]

F#A#Oo said:
Interesting! The way things are going it looks like MS and Sony will withdraw from making consoles after the 360 and PS3. Either that or they'll adopt the Nintendo philosophy of this generation...whilst Nintendo is off doing something else...
This has been done before, if somehow one of those systems becomes a huge success they can keep selling it at 299,99 and make a huge profit when everything is said and done. Also keep in mind that software sales count to, and MS has a solid line-up in store shelves.

Kosma

Banned
19841.jpg

Damn good deal imho, I'd jump in again but I already played all those games and I'm getting a PS3. But damn good deal for everyone else imho.

Jonnyram

F#A#Oo said:
Unlike Nintendo, who only sells first party software on Wii
(joke, but semi-true none-the-less)
, most of MS and Sony's revenue comes from license fees from third parties.

oo Kosma oo said:
19841.jpg

Damn good deal imho, I'd jump in again but I already played all those games and I'm getting a PS3. But damn good deal for everyone else imho.

Wow that's great, if this is the HDMI version and not some old versions which they want to get rid of.

Kildace

PetriP-TNT said:
Microsoft in deep trouble confirmed?

Microsoft were the first to talk about the $400, 40gig PS3 back in July. They had obviously planned this and were ready to set it in motion as soon as Sony went through with it. It's not desperation or trouble, it's good business sense.

Kildace said:
Microsoft were the first to talk about the $400, 40gig PS3 back in July.

Correct.

When the initial price drop of £30 (for the Premium) was announced it was fairly obvious this was only a pre-cursor to the real holiday reduction.

F#A#Oo

Banned
People missing my point entirely! MS and Sony are probably looking at their enertainment division...with their heads buried in their hands...as they are both bleeding each other with price cuts.

Add the fact that MS is almost non-existent in Europe except UK. Japan doesn't even know the X-Box brand exists.

Sony can be a strong 2nd this generation but you can't help but think that there is going to be and there has been already a huge shift away from gaming and within the next 5 years Sony will not be supporting their gaming division as strongly as they have done in the past...

Especially with Kutaragi gone...all his blue-print for Playstation will be destroyed...idea's lost and ambitions diminished...

[Nintex]

F#A#Oo said:
People missing my point entirely! MS and Sony are probably looking at their enertainment division...with their heads buried in their hands...as they are both bleeding each other with price cuts.

Add the fact that MS is almost non-existent in Europe except UK. Japan doesn't even know the X-Box brand exists.

Sony can be a strong 2nd this generation but you can't help but think that there is going to be and there has been already a huge shift away from gaming and within the next 5 years Sony will not be supporting their gaming division as strongly as they have done in the past...

Especially with Kutaragi gone...all his blue-print for Playstation will be destroyed...idea's lost and ambitions diminished...
Yes they are both bleeding, but Nintendo is in a tight spot to, they can't hold on to the 250 price forever. And especially in Europe MS and Sony have a good chance of beating Nintendo. NOE sucks, both in Supply(my local store got 40 copies of HALO 3, 20 copies of Bioshock and 3 copies of Super Paper Mario 3 weeks after release because of the recall, they get a total of 5 Super Mario Galaxy copies on 16 November) and releases/delay's. NOE sucks, and both MS and Sony know it. If you want to beat Nintendo, Europe is the place to be.

F#A#Oo

Banned
If Nintendo's current position is a "tight-spot" then any company is the world is envious of this position.:lol

Nintendo can keep the $250 price for as long as they are out-selling the 360 and PS3...there is demand for the Wii...Nintendo is very far away from the thought of price dropping the Wii.

Yes NOE is pretty cráp...but it has always been the way...and Nintendo has a strong base in all the major countries in Europe .e.g. France, Germany and the UK. Infact European sales of some of Nintendo's products are on the same level or better then Japan and NA in many cases.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
Uncle said:
So how much will the Core/Arcade cost if this is true? 199€?
I was under the impression the core would gain HDMI, 5 XBLA games, wireless pad and a memory unit but not have pricedrop.

Old core packs will likely be sold off cheaply due to stores clearing out stock but the newer packs coming are a much better deal.

Thomper

I want the 300 euro bundel, but give me Viva Pinata and Forza 2 instead of Halo 3, please. Go Microsoft, go!

Uncle

Geezer said:
I was under the impression the core would gain HDMI, 5 XBLA games, wireless pad and a memory unit but not have pricedrop.

Yeah, thats the new Arcade SKU, but if they really are dropping the price of these new Pro and Elite bundles, it wouldn't surprise me to see them drop the price on that as well.

a.wd

if i can get a premium for £200 notes then i might buy another one as a media center extender for the spare bedroom. PS3 and Elite in the living room. 360 premium in the master bedroom and now to keep everyone nicely secluded and away from me in the living room ill get another media center extender for the spare room. luckily the girls who i live with are semi geeky...in fact my missus has already asked if we can upgrade from the 42" to a 60".

If this is true, PS3 and 360 sales are really going to take off this fall.

MS is leaving tons of money on the table by bundling Halo 3 in Europe, but if that's what it takes...

a.wd said:
if i can get a premium for £200 notes then i might buy another one as a media center extender for the spare bedroom. PS3 and Elite in the living room. 360 premium in the master bedroom and now to keep everyone nicely secluded and away from me in the living room ill get another media center extender for the spare room. luckily the girls who i live with are semi geeky...in fact my missus has already asked if we can upgrade from the 42" to a 60".

Pics of those geeky girls and the missus plz, thx.

F#A#Oo

Banned
a.wd said:

Pinkage plz!

Top Bottom