• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar hero 3: TTFATF COMPLETE with SOLO

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
o_O....:FUCKING BOW....that song would turn my brain into cream of wheat...

p.s., I believe that is the Wii version he is playing (Wii version uses white gibson instead of black like 360/ps3). On second thought it could be the 360 guitar...hard to tell.

Ten-Song

I'm the type of person that struggles on hard and just sticks with the easy going songs to chill out with, so when I see things like this, I actually lose interest in the game...

Ten-Song said:
I'm the type of person that struggles on hard and just sticks with the easy going songs to chill out with, so when I see things like this, I actually lose interest in the game...

You dont have to play that song, because you know on the other hand there might be people looking for a challenge.

personally i would like to be able to do that, but nah not really i dont care that much

Ten-Song

Lostconfused said:
You dont have to play that song, because you know on the other hand there might be people looking for a challenge.

personally i would like to be able to do that, but nah not really i dont care that much

It just looks to me like they're trying to put the focus of the game around a big list of damn near impossible songs that either destroy your fingers or controller. I know a crap load of people love that, but some of the stuff on GH II was already really off-putting to me.

Ten-Song said:
It just looks to me like they're trying to put the focus of the game around a big list of damn near impossible songs that either destroy your fingers or controller. I know a crap load of people love that, but some of the stuff on GH II was already really off-putting to me.

This song is a bonus song, and it's on expert. Expert difficulty should be for those that are insanely good and not for the faint of heart. I wouldn't worry too much, friend.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Ten-Song said:

You mean to say that a few of the top tier/bonus songs, on the hardest difficulty, might actually be really tough? Surely you jest sir.

Surely there is 0 game content for you to enjoy. Surely.

Ten-Song said:

Personally i see this game as intended for those people. But i am sure most of the songs on easy would fit with that idea.

Anyways you can always stick to the first two games.

tapedeck said:
o_O....:FUCKING BOW....that song would turn my brain into cream of wheat...

p.s., I believe that is the Wii version he is playing (Wii version uses white gibson instead of black like 360/ps3). On second thought it could be the 360 guitar...hard to tell.

gh3.jpg

Looks like the Wii version.

Ten-Song

titiklabingapat said:
I thought both the 360 and Wii have the white guitars but the 360 version is now black, per Amazon and Gamestop.

Weird.

The 360 controller is black now? Crap, and I promised myself I would stop getting the bundles and stick to the games and nothing else...

SnakeXs said:
You mean to say that a few of the top tier/bonus songs, on the hardest difficulty, might actually be really tough? Surely you jest sir.

Surely there is 0 game content for you to enjoy. Surely.

No, there's still a ton of songs on the game that I'm looking forward to, I've just noticed the game seems more aimed around the score nuts that were actually able to five star Jordan on expert. Between some of the song choices, the boss battles, and the achievement list, this game seems way more... I don't know, game like? It's weird that I try throw that out like it's a bad thing...

Still, I'm hopeless, so I know I'm going to be picking up this and Rock Band anyways, but I'm more interested in stuff like co-op and casual play over battles and leader boards, which seems to be the direction Guitar Hero's moving towards.

Kildace

Ten-Song said:

I agree. My biggest gripe with GH2 is that the last tier of songs is not only really, really hard on expert, much harder than all the other tiers, but that the songs blow. Hard songs are fine but only if they're fun, rewarding and good music, if they aren't I just lose interest. I've been at the same step on Expert for around 2 months now with 80% of the song list 4/5 starred and completely unable and unwilling to work on Psychobilly Freakout etc.

Freya was the last straw I think. After spending more than 3 hours on this single song that I hated on Expert to get to the last tier I promised myself that I was done with spending excruciating hours on songs that suck.

Kildace said:
I agree. My biggest gripe with GH2 is that the last tier of songs is not only really, really hard on expert, much harder than all the other tiers, but that the songs blow. .

Wait. Did you just say that Freebird, Hangar 18 and Misirlou suck? o_O

Kildace

Vyse The Legend said:
Wait. Did you just say that Freebird, Hangar 18 and Misirlou suck? o_O

Freebird is a bonus song so I can't play it in carreer mode :( I love Freebird though, of course.

I hate Hangar 18 and Misirlou though, yep. The music sucks and I don't find them fun to play at all. YMMV though, obviously.

Edit: I apologize, I'm wrong.
I was talking about the second to last tier, not the last one.

"Madhouse" – Anthrax
"The Trooper" – Iron Maiden
"Rock This Town" – Stray Cats
"Laid to Rest" – Lamb of God
"Psychobilly Freakout" – Reverend Horton Heat
"YYZ" – Rush (Encore)

I hate each and every one of these songs. The Trooper maybe a little less than the others. The last two tiers are imo the weakest of the game, I felt that way when I beat the game Medium and Hard too so it's not due to the difficulty level.

Kildace said:
Freebird is a bonus song so I can't play it in carreer mode :( I love Freebird though, of course.

I hate Hangar 18 and Misirlou though, yep. The music sucks and I don't find them fun to play at all. YMMV though, obviously.

Well, I won't kill you, because Freebird is my favorite of the three. :D

TheGreatDave said:
Sorry, wrong thread...

In response to this thread...yeah, looks tricky, but possible, due to the little stretches with easy notes.
if there's stuff on there i'm sure it'll show up real soon.

can't wait to try this tonight. so many positive impressions. looks like neversoft nailed it.

Kildace

Hooker said:
Since when is Freebird a bonus song? It's the last encore on the PS2 version

That's what I meant. I can't play Freebird Expert on carrer mode because I haven't unlocked it.

elseanio

Kildace said:
That's what I meant. I can't play Freebird Expert on carrer mode because I haven't unlocked it.

i was stuck on hanger 18 for around 2 months. i loved the process of learning the parts i was stuck on, though. as soon as i got passed it, i cleared freebird first try :lol

i'm glad dragonforce is in the game, though definitely only as a bonus song. much like jordan, it'll be one of the songs made for the insane GH players

Ten-Song said:
you lose interest in the game because of a song you'll never have to play since it's a bonus song? weird. though, I understand because I feel almost the same way. I say almost because I see these songs and realize I will probably never pass it and hence never five-star expert. No log for me.

bune duggy said:
you lose interest in the game because of a song you'll never have to play since it's a bonus song? weird. though, I understand because I feel almost the same way. I say almost because I see these songs and realize I will probably never pass it and hence never five-star expert. No log for me.

That kind of makes me lose interest in the game. The fact that I have to play like a mother fucking pimp on crack to unlock all the shit is kind of disheartening. I'm a casual Guitar Hero 2 player and not a great one at that and knowing that I won't have full access to everything in GH III because I don't spend the time to practice kind of sucks.

jonezer4

DoctorWho said:
That kind of makes me lose interest in the game. The fact that I have to play like a mother fucking pimp on crack to unlock all the shit is kind of disheartening. I'm a casual Guitar Hero 2 player and not a great one at that and knowing that I won't have full access to everything in GH III because I don't spend the time to practice kind of sucks.

Oh well? If you're such a casual player, not having every single polygonal guitar shouldn't really upset you.

The game caters to a multitude of skill levels, so you can have an enjoyable time regardless. You can't bitch and fault the game for the fact that you're not good enough to beat it on expert.

Madman

You can't get mad at a game for being difficult. What would the people that are really good have to play if some of the songs weren't that hard?

Can't wait to play Dragonforce. It looks remotely beatable, which is good news!

Madman

Wario64 said:
You can easily unlock all songs, regular or bonus, without having to play expert difficulty.
I don't think that's his point. He wants to be able to beat career mode, but he can't due to the difficulty of the second to last tier/last tier songs.

I agree that those songs are hard, but they are there to be challenging.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Madman said:
I don't think that's his point. He wants to be able to beat career mode, but he can't due to the difficulty of the second to last tier/last tier songs.

Well good for him. Dragonforce is a bonus song.

jonezer4

Madman said:

I can't believe mine eyes! I guarantee he can beat career mode on easy, and probably even medium. I've seen amputee retarded dogs beat GH on easy.

So, the only argument left would be that he's upset that the expert difficulty setting requires him to become an expert? Ridiculous.

TheGreatDave said:
You don't need to be a fantastic player to unlock everything. Especially not the stuff that matters.

I was under the impression that you had to play through on expert to unlock this song? If I'm mistaken than I'm not really bothered. Yeah, I don't really care about unlocking extra polygonal guitars and medium is about as much as I'll ever get through.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
DoctorWho said:
I was under the impression that you had to play through on expert to unlock this song? If I'm mistaken than I'm not really bothered. Yeah, I don't really care about unlocking extra polygonal guitars and medium is about as much as I'll ever get through.

No, that's the great thing about Guitar Hero is that it scales difficulty so nicely. A playthrough on Normal will traditionally get you all the songs, and I believe that's what they're doing here as well.

DoctorWho said:

Every time you beat a song, you earn some money. The better you do, the more money you earn. You then use that money to buy songs.

When I played GH:2, I finished career on Medium and had enough money to buy every single one of the bonus songs.

TheGreatDave said:
Every time you beat a song, you earn some money. The better you do, the more money you earn. You then use that money to buy songs.

When I played GH:2, I finished career on Medium and had enough money to buy every single one of the bonus songs.

Ok, this is purchasable then. As long as you can unlock/purchase all the songs at medium I'll be happy. I don't mind that hard or expert are there for those who want a challenge but I don't want to feel like I'm missing out on music content because I can't play at that level.

AstroLad said:
No, that's the great thing about Guitar Hero is that it scales difficulty so nicely. A playthrough on Normal will traditionally get you all the songs, and I believe that's what they're doing here as well.

Thanks

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Damn, that guy is pretty damn good. I didn't watch all 7 minutes, but I'm thinking from the first 3 that I might be able to fight my way through that song...I'd need to hit those star powers for sure though. no way in hell I'd hit that opening like that though.

Sharp

Grizzlyjin said:
Damn, that guy is pretty damn good. I didn't watch all 7 minutes, but I'm thinking from the first 3 that I might be able to fight my way through that song...I'd need to hit those star powers for sure though. no way in hell I'd hit that opening like that though.
The intro is apparently the hardest part so good luck on that!

Top Bottom