• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Extinction Blu-Ray includes RE5 & DMC4 Demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingsgoon

"The Resident Evil: Extinction Blu-ray disc, released on 2nd January in the US, will contain demo versions
of Resident Evil 5 and Devil May Cry 4. Also featured are plenty of Profile 1.1 features including picture in
picture commentary, and Blu-Wizard 2.0 which enhances interactive menu features such as organisation.

Tech specs for the disc are the usual 1080p AVC-MPEG4 video transfer as well as an uncompressed 5.1
audio track. Extinction will also be released as part of a trilogy set including the original first Resident Evil film
on the same date."

http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=728

bryehn

MrPing1000 said:
Well thats one way to get good sales for a shitty movie.

I know I'll bite (or rent if I can actually), although I thought the movie was better than the first two...whatever that's worth

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Lolz, trailers. Now I don't have to buy this phenomenally shitty movie.

spwolf said:
old, its same PR... Trailers.

Seems a bit different from the old PR.

"Also listed as extras are "Devil May Cry 4 Video Game" and "Resident Evil 5 Video Game", though no clarification was given as to what this might be. Most likely, these will simply be videos of the two games, but we will await further explanation."

"The Resident Evil: Extinction Blu-ray disc, released on 2nd January in the US, will contain demo versions of Resident Evil 5 and Devil May Cry 4. Also featured are plenty of Profile 1.1 features including picture in picture commentary, and Blu-Wizard 2.0 which enhances interactive menu features such as organisation."

Geek

Ninny Prancer
As others have said, these are trailers only, not playable demos. Thread title needs a fixin.

:lol if by an act of god this is true, RE: Extinction will be the highest selling HDM ever (although that is not much of a record right now)

PR might continue to be vague in order to get some more pre-orders and generate more interest in the movie

nofi

Either way (demos or videos) does this mean that if we don't get another FW update before then that the PS3 is now 1.1 compliant?

Obaid

Banned
AdmiralViscen said:
I don't want that shitty movie.

Sony needs to stop fucking over PSN so it can offer these lame ass promos to GameStop and Blu Ray.

i didnt see that movie yet. Was it really so bad? The first two RE movies have been allright. Nothin special but entertained me :)

methane47

So... any body pick this up yet? The demo? trailer? that is on here.. is it new? is it a game???????????????????????

tanod

when is my burrito
methane47 said:
So... any body pick this up yet? The demo? trailer? that is on here.. is it new? is it a game???????????????????????

The full RE5 game is on the disc. Another stealth release for a PS3 game.

tanod said:
The full RE5 game is on the disc. Another stealth release for a PS3 game.

bullshit.

from my understanding you have to actually watch Extinction 100 times to unlock the RE5 demo.
I have no confirmation regarding DMC4, unfortunately.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Check the source site.

UPDATE 11/16/07, 1:15pm: We've just received word from Capcom Entertainment that the 'Resident Evil: Extinction' Blu-ray will *not* include actual playable demos for “Devil May Cry 4″ and “Resident Evil 5." Instead, the disc will include high-def trailers for both of those games.

TheJollyCorner said:
bullshit.

from my understanding you have to actually watch Extinction 100 times to unlock the RE5 demo.
I have no confirmation regarding DMC4, unfortunately.

I do.

DMC4 is actually the full game too, but it plays in a pop-up window while you are watching the movie. It is under special features.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
There's no fucking way they have a demo of RE5 available already.

No.

Fucking.

Way.

Borys

Banned
methane47 said:

:lol

I don't think this thread means what you think it means.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
To unlock the dmc4 demo plug in a karaoke mic and yell SHOWTIME everytime she shoots a zombie. JACKPOT would work too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom