• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Anime Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOLDIER

animebatow3.jpg

Batman.

ANIME.

BRUCE TIMM.

What more needs to be said? Other than "Oh My God this is going to fucking rule so very hard."? :lol

SOLDIER said:
What more needs to be said? Other than "Oh My God this is going to fucking rule so very hard."? :lol

I'm really excited to see I.G., Studio 4 C and Madhouse's takes on Batman.

And can I just say "Thank God that Gonzo isn't involved?"

nitewulf

that sounds cool enough. would have been odd if the storyline was handle by japanese though. would have been a japanese take on batman. this is just the artstyle.

SOLDIER

Remember The Animatrix? It's going to be like that.

Except, with Batman.

Now I must request a custom gif to celebrate the event: Anyone see "Father of the Bride 2"? The part where the father finds out his wife is pregnant, so he does this little freak out just before passing out?

Someone gif that, because that's how I feel about this.

Penguin

I could have sworn this was announced at the beginning of the year.

Just getting more details now.

Anyhow still excited for more Batman.

JimiNutz

Banned
When I saw the title I was thinking 'oh God no,' but reading the article it actually sounds like it could be awesome. Here's hoping.

WB also has a Wonder Woman DVD movie coming out late next year or early in 2009, though it hasn't been officially announced yet. Anyway, I hope the Batman project is as good as it sounds on paper.

YakiSOBA

anyone who comes in here saying this is gonna suck is a troll and should be shot!

this is amazing news, perhaps it'll be the start to more japanese art studio's working on cool north american comic hero projects!!

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I can only imagine how sexed-up Catwoman will be. :lol

Bruce Timm is onboard? I'll be looking out for this one, then. :D

haha!!!! This is SO FUCKING AWESOME! Anime with Bruce TIMM?! My moisture levels are increasing steadily, sir! This just made my day.

SOLDIER

Dear Bruce Timm.

This is going to be an awesome adaption that will rake in a huge fanbase and lots of cash.

Please do a Batman Beyond anime next.

With <3.

Rotanibor

I was a little worried after hearing it was going to be done 'anime style', but holy shit I'll I've read so far is "Director: Bruce Timm" and I already know its going to rock.

madara

Timm evolved? Hell yes this could rock, bring it on.

Nudity confirmed? Batman please don't get tentacle raped in the process.

I hope these guys get a chance make original new series someday. Be really cool see someone like HBO greenlit project and Timm & gang step out of Superhero DC world for abit.

Rotanibor

madara said:
I hope these guys get a chance make original new series someday. Be really cool see someone like HBO greenlit project and Timm & gang step out of Superhero DC world for abit.

I would rather kind of like to see what its like with Timm handling a couple Marvel properties before that happens. :lol

Kastro

Banned
Finaika said:
Hopefully the artist of I"s is involved, because he's a huge fan of Batman.

somehow I don't think his style would be fitting for this..

Is_Iori.jpg

what would be cool is the mangaka for Berserk drawing the artwork. Guts in Berserker armor reminds me a lot of Batman.

SOLDIER said:
Dear Bruce Timm.

This is going to be an awesome adaption that will rake in a huge fanbase and lots of cash.

Please do a Batman Beyond anime next.

With <3.
I'd buy ten copies if this happened.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Lets not forget that Brian Azzerello is writing this. Batman: Broken City and 100 Bullets.

This could definitely be great.

Which reminds me: Whatever happened to the 100 Bullets videogame that was supposed to come out?

Draft

As Batman: The Animated Series is the best piece of serialized animation that America ever produced, this could potentially be the crowning achievement of mankind.

Busaiku

I was sold at Bruce Timm.
But Madhouse and Production IG? That's awesome.
Haven't seen many Studio 4C stuff though, but from what I had seen, they're pretty good too.

Zeed

Banned
Said it in the other thread and I'll say it again. Madhouse and I.G. = HOLY SHIT.

Madhouse can do no wrong. This will rock.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Well, since I no nothing about animation, it's great to hear that GAF has a startling amount of approval for this project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom