• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

two new FFIV TV commercials

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I like that when you put them together, the total length is 30 seconds, but there's less than probably five seconds of gameplay footage between the two of them. I didn't give a fuck about FMVs in the PSX release. I don't give a fuck about them now.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Stumpokapow said:
I like that when you put them together, the total length is 30 seconds, but there's less than probably five seconds of gameplay footage between the two of them. I didn't give a fuck about FMVs in the PSX release. I don't give a fuck about them now.
FF3 DS ads were like that, all CG footage very little if any in-game footage. it seemed to work tho :p for FF3 at least.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Error said:
FF3 DS ads were like that, all CG footage very little if any in-game footage. it seemed to work tho :p for FF3 at least.

It might work in terms of sales to random japanese buyers, but to me it worries me that since FF7-FF8, there's been an increasing emphasis on the awful voiced songs by whatever j-pop starlet they get to sing and FMVs over gameplay.

I hated "Eyes on Me", I hated "Melodies of Life", I hated "Otherworld", I hated "Isn't it Beautiful?", I hated "real Emotion", I hated "1000 words", I hated "Kiss Me Good-bye", and I can already tell that I'm going to hate this version of the Love Theme. I didn't mind "Simple and Clean" and "Sanctuary", because both of them seemed to at least have a grasp on the contemporary song-forms they were imitating.

Oh well. The game will still be awesome. I'll just ignore further commercials for it :p

Top Bottom