• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiberium Screens + Artworks

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Those designs are truly pedestrian. And what's up with the Hunter-like Scrin.

Hey EA, you have money - find some good artists.

Edit: and some coders, since this looks like shit.

Dead Man

I don't know... they look ok to me. There's only so much you can do with space marines :) I don't mind the oldschool designs, but a new colour palette would be nice.

ram

looks like the DEAD SPACE team and the TIBERIUM team using the same (mediocre) artist. :lol

MidiSurf

Banned
So what's the catch in this game ? I mean with this horrible style it better have some kind unique gameplay or something.

FFChris

MidiSurf said:
So what's the catch in this game ? I mean with this horrible style it better have some kind unique gameplay or something.

You know those little men in C&C3? You can be them! In all their blocky glory.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I just can't stand those mechs. They are like, the worst I've ever seen, and god knows it's pretty damn hard to find a decent mech design nowadays.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
95908_med.jpg

95888_med.jpg

Who in the name of God looked at those units and thought "oh, cool"? For fuck's sake, that shit is the very definition of generic. Tiberian Sun tried the same aesthetics and did it so much better than this heap of crap. Oh, wait...

95913_med.jpg

Fuck you EA. What have you done to my Command & Conquer.

Dever

Banned
Funky Papa said:
I just can't stand those mechs. They are like, the worst I've ever seen, and god knows it's pretty damn hard to find a decent mech design nowadays.

Bleh, so true. I just... can't understand how someone could think those mechs look cool.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I am a bit of a C&C fanboy and this new direction is really pissing me off. Just look at Tiberian Sun (1999) It may not feature the best unit design ever, but they are pretty compelling.

tiberiansun001.jpg

tiberiansun002.jpg

tiberiansun004.jpg

tiberiansun033.jpg

tiberiansun034.jpg

Just tell me if they are not so much better than this load of blandness.

Funky Papa said:

It depends on what you are looking for. I mean the FASA/MechWarrior and that whole thing, sure they are old but i still think their mech designs are a good example of western style mecha. But then again i liked ring of red too, damn wish i still had that game.

Yeah tiberium looks very bland, i am sure more people cared about renegade then this game.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Kind of looks Halo-esque to me more than C&C-esque.

That said I don't think it looks that bad, at least some of the shots, I'm hoping it turns out well.

There goes the little hope I had left.

At least Renegage gave early reason to remain optimistic based on some creative ideas.

This looks like BF2142 with a bit of a corridor/bland texture Halo vibe, and no aspiring gameplay to fuel it.

So whats the main draw to this game? Is it multiplayer focused? Campaign focused? Whats it doing to differentiate itself from other games in the genre?

Better have online coop. Pretty much any shitty game becomes playable with online coop.

kbear

Funky Papa said:
Those designs are truly pedestrian. And what's up with the Hunter-like Scrin.

Hey EA, you have money - find some good artists.

Edit: and some coders, since this looks like shit.
Wow.. are you serious? Looks pretty good to me. Damn, dude.

edit, reading the rest of the thread... holy shit you people are harsh. Graphics look pretty damn nice from the screens. We haven't even seen it in motion yet.

This looks like shit.

EA, can this shit. We have enough shooters as is, and you can use the resources for this project towards something more promising, like Bad Company, Army of Two or anything else.

This game looks like shit technically, and artistically. EA needs to cut out the middleman and just can this shit, either way they will make the same amount of sales.

josephdebono said:
Looks okay to me. I kinda like it.

i have one question. Where is the tiberium?
Well you see, EA is going with a very serious subject matter for the game, where the soldiers are injected with Tiberium which gives them special abilities to fight the bad guys. You see, this chemical is actually making the soldiers see the war in a different light, and when your character stops taking it, they will realize that they aren't fighting hostile aliens, but they are actually fighting South American Rebels.

Very ground-breaking stuff.

Proelite

Looks awesome. If they're going for a battlefield style gameplay, then it's a win.

NVM i changed my opinion, this will probably turn out crap.

Anth

Oh look, it's generic Space Marines in generic Mechs with a GDI logo on them. Hooray! Should be a nice, generic follow-up to Tiberium Wars.

On the positive side, no one will sue them over those designs. They have been public property for years.

Feindflug

Looks like crap...technically looks bland and outdated and the art direction sucks ass.

Looks like Halo but better? antiloop strikes again. :lol :lol :lol

Anth

SappYoda said:
Have you played Tiberium Wars yet?

Okay, so they have B-movie cheese in there, but that only ever worked if it was funny, it never worked when it tried to be serious.

edit: Thinking about it, they also still have C&C rescource gathering and building, plus the iconic Tiberium, plus ****, plus Ion Cannon, plus Mammoth, etc. The problem might be that it didn't really do anything new. Only things that either the C&C series or other RTS had already done before. That's not the same as generic, but it's not far off. Maybe generic for the C&C series?

Top Bottom