• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two new Smash Bros. Brawl commercials

ggnoobIGN

Banned
perfectchaos007 said:
Who will be the first to find a hidden megaton? C'mon Gaf we gotta beat gamefaqs this time.
Well, there is a Pokemon(The green one, don't know his name) in there who obviously isn't out of a Pokeball, but rather seems to be a Subspace Boss or something like that.

Insaniac

okay, at 20 seconds in, the level editor, there is some rotating option mapped to 'Z' it looks like. Can someone please tell me if this is to rotate pieces or not?

Fireblend

Banned
ggnoobIGN said:
Well, there is a Pokemon(The green one, don't know his name) in there who obviously isn't out of a Pokeball, but rather seems to be a Subspace Boss or something like that.
That part of the CM is from an old Dojo update...

Akai said:
I found another... =3

Long 5 minute video of pure awesome...

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2122469

Youtube version please? The page says something about maintenance for me... Yes I'm registered.

MGrant

KevinCow said:
Fucking.
Epic.

Can't wait for NoA's horrible "Wii would like to play" version.

I'd like to see the commercial start with the Japanese guys driving their adorable car into a neighborhood, stepping out, holding up the Brawl box, and being swarmed by everyone in the neighborhood. When the crowd parts, the two men are unconscious on the ground, and the game has been stolen. Then the slogan flashes - "Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Get That Shit."

jgwhiteus

Are the pairings for SSE fixed, or did they make cutscenes for every possible pairing? (which would seem like a lot of custcenes). I remember seeing a Diddy Kong + Donkey Kong cutscene, but also a Diddy Kong + Fox cutscene as well. I just ask because some of the cutscenes in the second CM are sorta bizarre - Samus & Pikachu? Really? (Well, I guess the entire point of SSBB is that you can make bizarre pairings).

FSLink

Banned
The "Wii would like to play" commercials aren't too bad imo, but I really love the minimal approach Japan goes with its Wii commercials. Just Wii logo and some random (usually gameplay) footage.

And god, someone has to have saved that video. I really want to see Lucas fight.

Formless

jgwhiteus said:
Are the pairings for SSE fixed, or did they make cutscenes for every possible pairing? (which would seem like a lot of custcenes). I remember seeing a Diddy Kong + Donkey Kong cutscene, but also a Diddy Kong + Fox cutscene as well. I just ask because some of the cutscenes in the second CM are sorta bizarre - Samus & Pikachu? Really? (Well, I guess the entire point of SSBB is that you can make bizarre pairings).
Cutscenes for every possible pairing would mean a LOT of cutscenes. So I don't think so, they probably have only a bit of freedom as far as choices --> different cutscenes.

jgwhiteus said:

They're preset, and will probably make more sense when we see why they are paired up.

Fenix

TheGreatDave said:
NOA had better use the main theme in their adverts, and not that shitty music they've been using since Wii's launch.

They may as well just use that 2nd commercial, it is so amazing.

MGrant

Stuff from the 5-minute video, from what I can remember:

- Mario and Sonic fighting, the players seem pretty good. There's some edgeguarding going on.

- Lucas is like Ness 2.0. He seems to move faster and weigh more. His PK Fire is FAST and has a bit more range, not to mention that it flies perfectly straight now. His PK thunder sends him flying a lot further than Ness' did. PK Freeze is fast, almost as fast as PK thunder.

- Ike's Final Smash is hardcore. He catches three characters in it and beats the everloving Christ out of them. When he stops, they are still spinning in mid-air, and then he launches all three.

- Snake is awesome. He puts down a mine, grabs Link from behind, and knocks him unconscious on top of the mine, which he then sets off. The Shadow Moses music is badass.

MGrant said:
Stuff from the 5-minute video, from what I can remember:
etc
etc
etc

I personally remember that the Fire Emblem stage had one of the battle themes from Fire Emblem (the first one released outside Japan)

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Why does Japan, which seems to have a far more casual Wii audience then the U.S. gets these fucking awesome ads, while we'll most likely get yet another shitty 'Wii would like to crush your dreams' commercial?

MGrant

FSLink said:
Can you describe what Lucas' voice was like?

It was a little softer than Ness' voice. Maybe a little higher-pitched, too. No gravely quality, if that makes any sense.

MGrant

Oh yeah, Kyogre was in the 5min video. It flies into the air and sits there doing... something. Can't remember.

Also, Pit's stage music was really good.

Top Bottom