• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Fragile screens

Lobster

Banned
JDSN said:
I am shocked that this thread ended this way.

Its a Wii thread.

If its an original game, it should've been on 360/Ps3
If its a sequel the graphics look worse.
If its a Nintendo game, Wii is only for Nintendo games.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Lobster said:
Its a Wii thread.

Gaf is amazingly predictable.

Monk

Banned
You know aside from the fact that this game simply wouldnt work on a handheld level without waggle, there are very few games that sell well on the psp. Then there is the ps3 and 360, doing a high budget game with concepts such as these is corporate suicide on those consoles(500k minimum sales required to break even on them). I said it before, that the wii has the most creative and risky projects this gen, simply because of the sales of the machine, low cost of development and waggle.

Lobster said:
Its a Wii thread.

Don't forget the obligatory "not enough waggle/too much waggle" bitching that can be found in all three!

ethelred

As bad as the people are who come in and immediately bitch about it not being on a different system, most of you people are no better. No one's even arguing the issue anymore but all you're doing is posting on and on about them and how much better it is on Wii and how appropriate it is and how sweet your self-satisfied vindication is. Christ, get over it. Doesn't anyone get tired of arguing the same bullshit over and over again?

FoxSpirit said:
Who's the composer of this song?

ethelred said:
Nothing's been said, but I'm still banking on Keiki Kobayashi and Masako Oogami, based on the sound of the theme.

Looks really nice. Hope it has a kinda depressing tone to it. Wouldn't feel right if it didn't but the screens look like it's going in the right direction for that.

I don't know why, but it reminds of that cancelled Xbox/ Xbox 360 game where nusic played a large rule in it. Terrible description, but does anyone know what that game is?

ethelred said:
As bad as the people are who come in and immediately bitch about it not being on a different system, most of you people are no better. No one's even arguing the issue anymore but all you're doing is posting on and on about them and how much better it is on Wii and how appropriate it is and how sweet your self-satisfied vindication is. Christ, get over it. Doesn't anyone get tired of arguing the same bullshit over and over again?
No, they don't seem too.

I on the other hand like to argue about many different things sometimes in the span of a single sentence.

The game looks pretty good, and me likes the music.

Living Evil said:
Looks really nice. Hope it has a kinda depressing tone to it. Wouldn't feel right if it didn't but the screens look like it's going in the right direction for that.

I don't know why, but it reminds of that cancelled Xbox/ Xbox 360 game where nusic played a large rule in it. Terrible description, but does anyone know what that game is?
Metronome? Yeah, that game looked pretty neat.

I hope they have a huge overworld and like a ton of collectible/hidden stuff. I can see myself just wandering around a game world like that for hours searching and exploring. I wonder how combat will be handled.

true Gek

Chris Michael said:
http://fragile.namco-ch.net/

Choose the second option after it loads and scroll through the screens by pressing on the wing buttons (took me forever to figure out ^^;;)

Also, WOW. That is some seriously, seriously fantastic music. Who's composing for this game?

I love the concept of this game. I think this is definitely something people should have on their radars.
I quote you...

The game looks very very beautiful!

batbeg

I can't wait for more information about this game :) It might be naive of me but I think it looks really great and it could even have a chance at localization, as it has the darker artstyle to it than the developers previous games. Maybe not, but the way it's looking right now, I hope so.

Anybody know where the second song came from?

TunaLover

the character desing remind me the overly slim chararters of Sin & Punishment, which obviously is a good think, I think the music could be handled by Motoi Sakuraba, but still is just a speculation, day one +1.

BTW the electrical structure in the concept art is just twisted and beautifull at the same time ;O

Squeak

GremlinInTheMachine said:
That's a messy analogy but I can work with it. You can draw a masterpiece with crayons. I don't think anyone would argue that talent and vision can't overcome the limitations of a given medium and shine straight through. And sometimes that vision may even be better served by using a cruder medium like crayons. Maybe you want to use crayons to create a sense of irony.

But that's not what's going on with Fragile. The graphics aren't rough because that better serves the game's artistic vision. They're rough because either the developer is either lazy or on a tight budget. If it's the latter, there's nothing to complain about since that's the reality the dev has to deal with and so do we. But if it's the former, they really need to take a belt sander to their game. Or maybe just a palm sander. But still.

And yes, yes I am bored.
I don't know about messy, but I just thought the painting analogy is a tad overused.

First of all, I can't really see where this game is rough, other than perhaps with regards to resolution, but that's just the reality of the medium (the hardware it's running on). Something that should be embraced and loved, instead of trying to hide it.

Secondly, "laziness" is not always lazy. Sometimes it's a sign that you are prioritizing something else higher than just making small things perfect, looking at the overall picture. I find a lot of games is guilty "mean perfection" nowadays.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Such a feeling of solitude in those screens... I dig.

And I'm loving the site's music so much. If the rest of the OST follows, my heart will melt playing while I'm playing this game.

reriel

floating around there are new scans, mostly old screens, but seems like one location is a hotel, and there are some gameplay explanation with some artworks.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Looks really really intriguing. I really want to know more.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So is there any word on this game being localized for us here in the US?

Makes me want to buy a wii.

Alaluef said:
If the rest of the OST follows, my heart will melt playing while I'm playing this game.

He was in the moonlight, sitting in the moonlight.

dude

dude
shagg_187 said:
fragile_wii.png

Wait, Okama is doing the art? I used to love him back in my anime days.

Fady K

Horror feel + Venus & Braves team + Tri Crescendo + AWESOME music = THE Wii RPG to get. This HAS to come stateside.

C.T.

Jtwo said:
So is there any word on this game being localized for us here in the US?

Makes me want to buy a wii.

He was in the moonlight, sitting in the moonlight.

Successfull japan release = high possibility. But JAP release is still far away, right?

JDSN

Banned
The game is looking pretty good, specially that pic with that looks like it was taken during the day. I hope someone translates the text soon.

batbeg

New scans look really awesome, I think they're meant to be showing some of the stories/art they're implementing for you to find in the game (and I'm wondering if this game gets translated how they would handle translating that stuff...). The premise of finding stories in a dead world is really great to me :D

Also a little cartoon showing him holding a golf club. Weapon, or just item? Hm...

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
In one of the doodles he's using a bow and arrow, but I'm guess they're by the magazine?

Alright, just finished translating some tidbits from the scans. Some new stuff, some old stuff. Nothing really specific about the controls, but a good overview of the generalities of the game system :

About the items and the exploration :

- there is a great variety of environments to explore (hotel, amusement parc, train station, underground shopping center,...etc). "
- in addition to using it like a flashlight, you can use the Wiimote like a microphone to investigate your environment, the Wiimote speaker reproducing the notable sounds of your surroundings.
- When you discover an item that's been left behind, the development of the story changes too. In fact, each item holds the memories of his disappeared owner [By the way, the development team is apparently offering to each fan to create an item that will be inserted in the game's environment, and write a backstory behind it...].
- Obviously, while some items are actually integral part of the environment, some items can actually be used directly by the character to progress and survive. For example, you can sometimes find an item that can serve as a weapon, like a golf club.
- The graffities left throughout the game can also retain the thoughts and the feelings of people that were once in their place. In fact, when you investigate these graffities (all different in accordance with the person that left it), a ghostly shadow appears before the eyes of the character to reveal him some of his backstory and give him some hints that will help him progress in the game...

About the battles :

- As it's an RPG, there are obviously battles against enemies. The battle system is actually totally seamless, meaning no good old screen cut out.
- As an "ruins exploration game", there is a fair dose of nervous tension, as the enemies burst out from the darkness to attack.
- Given that you're totally free to use the Wiimote as a flashlight or as a weapon at any moment in real time, it's also vital that you act promptly to unearth the enemies (with the flashlight) and attack them (with the weapon) before they attack you.
- You never know where the enemy is going to come out from, so in the case when the enemy got you by surprise and got close enough to you, a close range weapon like the stick or the golf club should be used.
- The bow, on the other hand, allows you to attack preemptively at great distance.
- There is actually a large variety of use for each item you find. [the magazine doesn't give much details on that, but it appears that you can combine different items to create alternative weapons, and such].

About the enemies :

- When every human vanished from the surface of the Earth, all that was left were wild animals like stray dogs and some kind of evil spectres roaming in the darkness. These creatures are what became the enemies of the main character, Seto.
- You can detect invisible spectres thanks to the kind of microphone that amplifies the whispers of these creatures through the Wiimote speaker.
- These spectres tend to be invisible in the dark, so the flashlight should be used to uncover them, forcing them to materialize, and attack to defeat them.

Looks and sounds really interesting to me. I already can't wait to see more about it.

Stormbringer said:
You can detect invisible spectres thanks to the kind of microphone that amplifies the whispers of these creatures through the Wiimote speaker.

This has the potential to be wonderfully immersive and freaky if handled correctly. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that it will be.

Raistlin

This looks pretty damn cool. One of the few upcoming single-player Wii games that's actually piqued my interest.

The music kind of pisses me off though ... not because the music is bad, but because its so good, and the stupid wii doesn't have a digital out.

FistShakingFox-250W.jpg

Damn you Nintendo ... damn you T_T

Top Bottom