• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New EGM/GFW Scores (Yeah, it's me again)

egmfan89

DQ Swords: 5.5, 5, 6.5
Fifa Street 3: 4.5, 4.5, 5
DMC 4: 8.5, 9, 8
Turok: 6.5, 6.5, 7
The Club: 6.5, 5.5, 6.5
Advance Wars: 8.5, 8, 8.5
Wipeout Pulse: 7.5, 7.5, 9
Patapon: 9,9, 8 (GOTM)

I'm about to go, so that's it for now (I'll post the rumors later), and in the interest of time, here's gfw:

Sam and Max ep 2: 7/10
The History Channel: Battle of the pacific: 3/10
Juiced 2: 6/10
Armageddon Empires: 9/10
Empires in Arms: 5/10
Puzzle Quest: 10/10
Amazing Adventures: The Lost Tomb: 6/10

GFW cover details (BF Heroes):

Free, obviously

points are earned by killing

Completely team deathmatch based, using points to take away more lives from the other team (think team elimination)

no prone ability, and crouch does nothing but...crouch. Aim is unaffected.

Five second spawns with instant vehicle spawns

you play for a faction and your points go toward the faction every week to capture different territories. And at the end of the week week, you get "money" based on your amount of territory.

2 armies: one nazi like one, the other supposedly based off of britain

All characters are customizable

95% of players will never spend a dime on the game. You can unlock anything through skills, but some things can be bought for people who don't have time to unlock everything.

3 classes, you choose your class at the beginning of the game, no switching. Soldier, Commando and Gunner are the class types. Soldier is mixed, commando is stealth, and gunner is a walking tank.

Will ship with very few maps

...It's all in third person, with first person maybe possible later on.

Isn't this the EGM with the InFamous cover story?

EDIT: or is it just an interview?

EDIT 2: nvm, it looks like there is nothing regarding InFamous in this issue.

Cardon

Damn at the Fifa Street 3 scores, it wasn't as bad as NFL Tour but those seem a bit too low. I'm also interested to see what the reviewers had to say about Wipeout Pulse but it's a day 1 purchase for me anyway.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
egmfan89 said:
:O

Oh, and WELL DESERVED DMC4 scores!

batbeg

Go Patapon! Can't wait to get my hands on this baby.

Ouch at DQS, though it probably won't deter me from getting it anyway.

egmfan89 said:
The Club: 6.5, 5.5, 6.5
Wipeout Pulse: 7.5, 7.5, 9
:(

Yeah, I know the Wipeout scores are actually really good, but I'm surprised they're this low after the 1UP Show spoogefest.
jarrod said:
Days of Ruin is a little lower than I'd like... how'd EGM rate Dual Strike?
A) About the same (if not the exact same scores).
B) Lower than you'd like? What the fuck are you expecting, dude, three 10s?

Teknoman

Oh c'mon... I wanna know the pros and cons for this one. The graphics were really good, the audio/music was well done.... and im sure the controls were just fine. Was it because it was an "on rails RPG"?

Meh as long as the controls are good, I already like everything else in the game, so it's a definate purchase for me.

nincompoop said:
Who gave Wipeout Pulse the 2 7.5s? Just so I can know never to trust anything they say ever again.
7.5 is a good, if not great, score.
Teknoman said:

Oh c'mon... I wanna know the pros and cons for this one. The graphics were really good, the audio/music was well done.... and im sure the controls were just fine. Was it because it was an "on rails RPG"?
So you've been playing the import, right?

Busty

Banned
egmfan89 said:
Patapon: 9,9, 8 (GOTM)

Sweet.

egmfan89 said:
I'm about to go, so that's it for now (I'll post the rumors later),

But I want my rumours nooooooow..... .
Indifferent2.gif

...cheers. :)

Xater

2 of the Wipeout Pulse scores are kinda low. What else can you want from a Wipeout game?

I love how the scores for The Club reflect my feelings after the demo. I have no idea what Bizarre was thinking with this game. Maybe they should stick to racing games..

Kittonwy said:
They gave Infamous a cover story? I thought it was just an interview with Suckerpunch.
I am not sure, that's why I was asking. Even still, there is bound to be some nice information in that interview.

Teknoman

I AM JOHN! said:
So you've been playing the import, right?

Nope, but i've stayed on the impressions from importers, and videos and everything. No one complained about wonky controls, and every time someone commented on the graphics they said it was up there with some of the better looking Wii games. And it's a Dragon Quest game, so good audio is a no brainer.

Bebpo

Banned
Teknoman said:

Meh as long as the controls are good, I already like everything else in the game, so it's a definate purchase for me.

It's not an rpg.

If you call it an rpg than it deserves those scores since it's like 8 hours long or less. If you don't call it an rpg then it's a good 8/10 arcade game.

Also the controls have issues, but you get used to them.

batbeg

Teknoman said:

Didn't IGN say the graphics actually looked much worse on a TV than the PC, and even someone who imported said that it looked sub-DQVIII? I don't know if these are true, but they're definitely things I've heard. As for the audio, we've yet to really hear the English localization.

In the end, though, yes, it was probably because it was an on-rails RPG.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Holy shit at puzzle quest hey it's a good game so good for it. Yeah what about infamous news!?!?

Top Bottom