• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any anime similar to Eureka Seven?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't the best anime ever, but I really enjoyed it. I am looking for another series to get into (preferrably, something that ends). Something easy, fun, accessible and doesn't take itself too seriously (that's what I liked about E7). It also had a unique art direction for a mech anime. Anybody got any suggestions? I already watched FMA (my favourite), Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Samurai X, One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach.

I am sorry, I know the OT is full of anime-request threads so I appreciate your help. Thanks in advance. :D

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
CurseoftheGods said:
Something easy, fun, accessible and doesn't take itself too seriously (that's what I liked about E7). It also had a unique art direction for a mech anime. Anybody got any suggestions?

You are a perfect candidate for Gurren Lagann

website_21.jpg

JayDubya

Banned
DrForester said:
You are a perfect candidate for Gurren Lagann

I want that to hurry out and come out in a format where I can watch it without violating that whole "respect for intellectual property" thing.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Well, thats all the good animes I know of. Maybe you should go watch some anime movies? They have endings at least

7Th

CurseoftheGods said:
Yeah, it wasn't really my cup of tea - although it matches the description in my OP perfectly. :lol I guess it was a bit extreme in that regard.

Gurren-Lagann is a "more serious yet shallowed down in terms of madness" version of FLCL.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Great Rumbler said:
51S0XZAPT8L.jpg

It's more a somewhat more serious series, but don't let that stop you from checking it out.
If you watch Big O, do not watch the made-for-America series 2. Season 1 has my seal of approval, though.

RoboPlato said:
If you watch Big O, do not watch the made-for-America series 2. Season 1 has my seal of approval, though.

Whaaaat? Season 2 was great, especially the final episodes, but also "Day of the Advent".

Fireblend

Banned
The OP's basically asking for Gurren Lagann. Watch it, thank us later. (The second third of the show is pretty much Eureka Seven all over again).

Dead

well not really...yet
Gurren Lagann as already mentioned pretty much fits your request.

You might also like The Mars Daybreak which is from the studio as E7 and shares lots of the same people who worked on it.

1507.jpg

It's basically a completely down to earth, light hearted and fun mecha adventure anime about underwater Sea Pirates on Mars, nothing more than that.

I also recommend Overman King Gainer It also shares a lot of the people who worked on E7, including the character designer, and is a very fun mecha show with a unique style.

overman.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom