• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Patrol: Monopoly and Scrabble heading to the XBLA

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.360sync.com/2008/02/11/monopoly-and-scrabble-to-xbla

Monopoly and Scrabble To XBLA?
POSTED BY Devin "DaKing240" Kofsky on Feb 11 under EA, Monopoly, Scrabble

Before today’s press release, I had evidence that Monopoly and Scrabble was possibly coming to Xbox Live Arcade. However, we were asked to not post anything, so we waited for EA to make the first move. This morning, they did…

We got a press release which detailed EA’s plans to release many Hasbro games to Pogo.com and the Nintendo Wii… yet no news about Xbox Live Arcade. After reading it all over though, we found this very important sentence…

EA also is developing new Monopoly and Scrabble ®(in North America) titles for multiple platforms, as well as other titles that will be announced later this year.

Does this mean that Xbox Live Arcade will be getting Monopoly and Scrabble by the end of the year? We believe so, but again, consider this a rumor for now since we don’t have any hard evidence that we can show… just yet.

Right, if I may say the real interesting parts are not the one sentence found in that PR that was posted today but rather the apparent fact that DaKing here is sitting on some solid evidence that EA is holding back.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Monopoly is one of the most boring games ever created.

Scrabble is fuck awesome though.

I'd like to see themed Monopoly boards as DLC (where only the host would need to have actually bought it). Just imagine...
2ds3gyb.jpg

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
a Master Ninja said:
I'd like to see themed Monopoly boards as DLC (where only the host would need to have actually bought it). Just imagine...
2ds3gyb.jpg

As long as it isn't handled like the Uno packs were handled.

Flavius

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Cease and desist!

A 1,000 pardons. I had an old 1up Yours on my ipod and listened to it on my way into work out of sheer boredom (after listening to the latest, of course).

I think Simon Cox said that every 30 seconds or so. Much like a drunk who makes you do shots with him until you throw up, I was compelled to force you to share in my misery.

Soul4ger

Monopoly would be awesome! I remember playing the NES version for DAYS at a time with my friends when I was younger.

TheDiabolical

I didn't read my own avatar and now everyone knows I'm not too bright. :(
hell yeah!!

ran out of crap to play on my 360.

Currently suffering from FPS burnout

stotch

Banned
Hopefully there's a mini-game to decide who gets to be the shoe or what-not. Seeing what kind of irrational fights I can get into online over stuff like the thimble will be awesome. Imagine if they throw in Star Wars characters.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Hasbro Games worth mentioning:
Yahtzee
Candy Land
The Game of Life
Chutes and Ladders
Monopoly
Axis and Allies
Clue
Cranium
Battleship
Risk
Trivial Pursuit
Scrabble
Cranium

If I had to pick five...
Axis and Allies
Risk
Battleship
Clue
Monopoly

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
DMPrince said:
and other platforms :eek:

I'll take the Mobile version please.

Well, EA outright confirmed those in the PR.

The first wave of games will hit mobile phones this spring and will include versions of "Monopoly", "Trivial Pursuit", "Risk" and "Yahtzee".

Alphahawk

Scrabble will be awesome but no vision cam support plz I don't want to see someone spelling "penis" while flashing their wang at me...

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Scrabble is worthless without an "argue that this is a word" button in which you get to make a case to the person you're playing against that it is in fact a word.

QVT said:
Scrabble is worthless without an "argue that this is a word" button in which you get to make a case to the person you're playing against that it is in fact a word.

...And that's exactly how they'll fuck it up. There will either be no option (most likely) and even if there is, do you think anyone outside of your friendslist will let you have the word?

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Secks4Food said:
...And that's exactly how they'll fuck it up. There will either be no option (most likely) and even if there is, do you think anyone outside of your friendslist will let you have the word?

Gotta be some reward system to it. You let a person have a word and you get a free pass but they have to okay it and if they do they get a free pass or something.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Monopoly is actually a very fast game when played on an electronic device. I used to play with a friend on my Palm pilot back in the day and we'd finish games from start to finish in 10-15 minutes

N'Gai also blogged the other day about the possibility of the new Risk board game being put on the PSN/XBLA which would be hotter than words could describe

Top Bottom