• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (4) Thread

jvalioli

With a Passionate Heart Burning RED!

ace4covercomp.jpg

Name: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
Release Date:
Japan - April 2007
America - Feb. 19th 2008
Europe - Possibly March 2008
Price: $29.99
Platform: Nintendo DS
Developer: Capcom
Official Site
-Click on the Dev Blog tab for an interesting read about the decision to bring Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney statewide by Minae Matsukawa, the producer.
Jocchan said:
There's a Flash demo on the official site: http://www.ace-attorney.com/

2214959739_4de422e38f.jpg

Pre-order Bonus
Capcom Store
Gamestop

Synopsis
===============
Rookie defense attorney Apollo Justice has big shoes to fill taking over for the legendary Phoenix Wright. He may be young and inexperienced but Apollo's confident manner, coupled with his unique ability to uncover witnesses' lies by studying their body language will prove invaluable assets as he pleads the case for the defense. But as talented as our hero is, he wouldn't get far without the support of his assistant Trucy, a mysterious female magician and Kristoph Gavin, his ultra-cool mentor whose perfect logic and natural insticts have won him numerous cases and the respect of his colleagues.

Fact Sheet
===============
• All-new courtroom adventure from the creators of Phoenix Wright™: Ace Attorney™
• 1st fully new title to be developed specifically for the Nintendo DS.
• Classic Ace Attorney gameplay with new modes that let you survey crime scenes, interview witnesses and gather evidence before defending your client in court!
• Microphone can be used to yell “Objection!” and “Hold it!” as you cross examine witnesses
• All new “Crime Recreation Mode” that allows players to reveal hidden clues by re-creating the scene of the crime
• Two distinct gameplay segments:
o Investigation phase – survey crime scenes, interview witnesses and gather evidence that will be used in court
o Court phase – present findings from the investigation to support your case, listen to testimonies and examine witnesses

Characters
===============
apollo-confident2.gif
Thunderous Apollo Justice: the new defense attorney who leads the series.
ani-kyouya-annoyed.gif
Rockin' Klavier Gavin: in addition to being a top prosecutor, Klavier is also the lead singer in a highly successful rock band who brings his star qualities into the courtroom.
ani-kirihito-talksb.gif
Gentlemanly Kristoph Gavin: the coolest character on the judicial circuit, and Apollo’s mentor. His cool headed thinking means he always provides his clients with the best defense.
ani-minuki-bounce.gif
Magical Trucy: The mysterious magician Trucy started working with Apollo after a chance encounter.
ani-hobo.gif
Legendary Phoenix Wright: the defense attorney from the previous Ace Attorney arc. What is the story behind his mysterious change?

Reviews
===============

Famitsu: 9/9/9/9 (36/40)
Game Informer: 8/8.5
1up: 8.5
IGN: 8.3

Official Trailer
===============
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26642.html

Screenshots
===============
apollo-justice-ace-attorney-2007101.jpg
apollo-justice-ace-attorney-2007110.jpg
apollo-justice-ace-attorney-2007-1.jpg

Other Notes
===============
Series order for newcomers:
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney($29.99)---> Hard to find!
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice For All($13.99)
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations($18.99)
Apollo Justice Ace Attorney

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
My most hyped game this month. My favorite series on the DS and one of the best series I've ever played. Too bad Gyakuten Saiban 5 is too far away for me.

kiryogi

Banned
Preordered it as soon as it was available! I can't wait. Although, I played it only 6 months ago, still feels a little too early for another AA. No matter!

supercake

WHHHAATTTTTTT! That last guy is Phoenix?! I always assumed it was just a guy from the first defense case!

My mind has been blown! :lol

Ah, well I wasn't happy with PW3's ending, so I hope 4 will clear things up.

NekoFever

I've got my preorder in, and I'm rushing to finish PW3 in time. I loved the DS features in the final case of the first game so I'm well up for this one :D

Tutomos

supercake said:
WHHHAATTTTTTT! That last guy is Phoenix?! I always assumed it was just a guy from the first defense case!

Ah, well I wasn't happy with PW3's ending, so I hope 4 will clear things up.

Dude, that's Phoenix and he is a lot cooler in Apollo Justice.

But the thing is they won't clear anything up. It's a brand new story and focus.

jvalioli

jvalioli said:
Official Site
-Click on the Dev Blog tab for an interesting read about the decision to bring Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney statewide by Minae Matsukawa, the producer.

This is sort of hidden in the OP, but everyone should check this out. There is some really cool insight into the American version of the games, including how voice actors were chosen.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Hitman said:
Whats the gameplay like in these Ace Attorny games?

Point and Click investigation with dynamic option choosing in Court battles. You really have to try it to get it, especially since the story is a big part of the game's appeal.

ICallItFutile said:
I feel really unsure about this title, especially from GAF impressions. I'll stay mildly optimistic since I loved the first three.

Yeah, I didn't hear great things about this series from GAF so I'm kind of worried. I mean, I still want it, but I'm crossing my fingers. Capcom always floods us with series they make that take off and then they just come crashing down fast. I hope that isn't the case here like it was with Viewtiful Joe. What a sad story that series was.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Edag Plata said:
hope that isn't the case here like it was with Viewtiful Joe. What a sad story that series was.

Series? I don't know what you were talking about. There was only one Viewtiful Joe game.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
ICallItFutile said:
I feel really unsure about this title, especially from GAF impressions. I'll stay mildly optimistic since I loved the first three.

I'm crossing my fingers that Japan GAF is being crazy like they were with their Phantom Hourglass impressions or Eureka Seven love

jvalioli

Stocka said:
A March release in Europe when a PW3 release date still hasn't been announced? :S
Yeah, that's the rumor. Hey, Apollo Justice was announced in Europe before it was even announced in America. :lol

skip

yeah, can't say much until review embargo next week...but I really enjoyed it, esp. story and characters.

I'll write a blog if there's time during GDC, after our review goes up.

thefro

skip said:
yeah, can't say much until review embargo next week...but I really enjoyed it, esp. story and characters.

I'll write a blog if there's time during GDC, after our review goes up.

That's great... sounds like Alexander O. Smith may have saved this one in translation then.

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
I have this reserved and paid off for next week but I really still need to beat PW3. I haven't even beat the 2nd case yet. :lol

zoku88

Let's hope that there won't be any glaring grammatical errors this time around :-/

EDIT: Is the flash demo teh same as the jpn one?

jasonng

supercake said:

Yup, he is. You're defending him in the very first case of the game.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Opus Angelorum said:
I asked this a few weeks back, the answer was a definite yes.

It's hard to find though.

I've missed out on the series since I just got a DS, but I really don't feel like going back and buying 3 games before this one.

They keep talking about how it's a brand new saga, so it shouldn't be that important, should it?

zenbot

I've preordered it with Play-Asia, for about AUD 35. Meanwhile, Trials and Tribulations isn't set for an Australian release till late April, and will almost certainly be AUD 70 when it hits. What is wrong with the Australian videogame retail industry?

zenbot said:
I've preordered it with Play-Asia, for about AUD 35. Meanwhile, Trials and Tribulations isn't set for an Australian release till late April, and will almost certainly be AUD 70 when it hits. What is wrong with the Australian videogame retail industry?
Marketing. Thanks to the ridiculous PAL-tax we always seem to pay, people have come to expect video games to be expensive. When you consider that we pay AU$100+ for new console games, AU$70 for a handheld seems positively cheap by comparison.

I love region-free handhelds.

jasonng

ZealousD said:
I've missed out on the series since I just got a DS, but I really don't feel like going back and buying 3 games before this one.

They keep talking about how it's a brand new saga, so it shouldn't be that important, should it?

Coming from a late fan who finished the first three games just a month ago, I'd much rather be in your position and start from the first. Because the way I see it, the fifth game isn't going to be here until sometime next year. So that means I have one game to keep me content until then. You, on the other hand, have four.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I have it preordered in the US. Hopefully it gets to me soon. I have the Japanese special edition:

GS4-LEBox-thumb.jpg

But I'm still waiting for the US version to actually play through it.

(and yes, the LE is shaped like a briefcase)

Top Bottom