• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April US Boxart Thread

Holy shit, My Weight Loss Coach may usher boxart into a new era of laziness. Years from now it will be remembered as what started the "including the system on the boxart" craze for dumb non-games for which publishers don't even have enough faith in the target audience to know what system they are buying the game for.

Way to go Ubisoft.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
2u3yt6a.png

Olaeh

Izuna2 and Chocobo boxarts looking very nice. I'm glad they decided to go with the artwork from the JP box for choco.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
blame space said:
Holy shit, My Weight Loss Coach may usher boxart into a new era of laziness. Years from now it will be remembered as what started the "including the system on the boxart" craze for dumb non-games for which publishers don't even have enough faith in the target audience to know what system they are buying the game for.

Way to go Ubisoft.
yeah I'm gonna call that a temp one I think

rgun

Banned
AniHawk said:
THIS is one of the best GAME COVER I have ever seen. Just shows that the game has aged just like Solid Snake. And we all are aging as the time goes by.

This Cover is just amazing.

I don't want to start a war here, but 360 cases really clash with most covers. That green casing with white banner at the top pulls away from the box art itself. The PS3 one being black is barely noticeable on most cases and the Wii none is small enough and having the case be white makes it all smooth.

/pointless rant.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
CrushDance said:
I don't want to start a war here, but 360 cases really clash with most covers. That green casing with white banner at the top pulls away from the box art itself. The PS3 one being black is barely noticeable on most cases and the Wii none is small enough and having the case be white makes it all smooth.

/pointless rant.

I feel the same way.

M3wThr33

Banned
CrushDance said:

/pointless rant.
MS is conscious of that. Look at the Rock Band thread and find out how many people can't be bothered to read packages at the store and accidentally bought the wrong version of the game. People have become accustomed to the giant obnoxious banner to tell them it's a 360 title.

No one buying a PS3 version accidentally got the 360 one.

Ashhong

M3wThr33 said:
MS is conscious of that. Look at the Rock Band thread and find out how many people can't be bothered to read packages at the store and accidentally bought the wrong version of the game. People have become accustomed to the giant obnoxious banner to tell them it's a 360 title.

No one buying a PS3 version accidentally got the 360 one.

what?

and i like that SC4 box art...

iamblades

bigmakstudios said:
I would liked to have seen on the cover more elements from the game, like the Geckos, Raiden, Ocelot, Vamp, Meryl, etc.

Its thinking like this that leads to all the horrible overcluttered box arts.

All the MGS 4 box arts look awesome to me, just a matter of taste which you prefer.

Top Bottom