• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

12 minute boom blox demo - zzzzzz...

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Damn it, I was starting to look forward to this as a fun local multi game, but the "zzzzz's" have me worried now.

Guled said:
why the hell is this full price?

25_spielberg_lgl.jpg

birdchili

this game is *not appropriate* for children under 3 (a rating for 3+? seriously? do 2yolds with fake id try and scam the system?).

i like the *idea* here, but i'm not convinced that there's long-term fun to be had. if the fundamentals are there i suppose a cool creative community might spring up for user-created levels.

I can see how this would be a nice family game, but what's up with the sheep sound effects? Watching the multiplayer part made me feel like I was on a farm :lol

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
That looks awesome!

Then again, I love messing with physics in games.

KTallguy

Banned
This is actually a lot better than I thought it would be.

I think it perfectly embodies what the majority of people want the Wii to be all about.

Jeff and Ryan were very exited with this game in last week bombcast, they also said you had to try it to realize how fun it is.

birdchili said:
this game is *not appropriate* for children under 3 (a rating for 3+? seriously? do 2yolds with fake id try and scam the system?).

I think it's also for parents to use as a "suggested" age level... ?

Nocebo

lopaz said:
looks good but just not worth full price. Could've been the most awesome WiiWare or budget game
Where are you getting that it's full price?

I think this is a brilliant game for all ages to enjoy.

lopaz

Banned
Nocebo said:
Where are you getting that it's full price?

I think this is a brilliant game for all ages to enjoy.

Someone else posted it, heh. I haven't checked. Now checking, it appears the RRP in UK is 40 pounds, which is actually on the highest end of the Wii pricing spectrum (although Amazon is selling for 10 pounds less than that).

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I don't get the "zzz". This game looks incredibly original and fun. Can the "zzz"s please explain themselves?

I hope there's a crossbows and catapults-type mode!

birdchili

Das-J said:
Looks like fun to me and I don't even own a wii.
crazy!

i'm mostly just concerned with longevity. it could be more puzzle-y than whaty they're showing surely... the design of the levels is really important, and they're not really revealing much that looks clever.

VASPER

Banned
Wow if the only other thing i had to do is count grass i would love this game, but on a serious note it looks like something i would play on my computer for FREE.

It looks like some decent fun, but - and I'm not trying to troll here - I do not see myself buying it for full price. Too much other great software out there. Honestly, if the head tracking was in it, I might have bitten.

Again, it looks fun, but I'll most likely pass until hopefully it drops in price.

El-Suave

I don't get the "ZZZ" either. Looks fun. The only thing that irritates me a bit is that you don't really see the ball flying into the screen.

CTLance

This looks ace!

40 bucks, eh?

The game might be worth that, as long as the puzzle/stagebuilder aspect is fully realized.

El-Suave

On the German Amazon site it is priced fairly, too. Under € 39. Most other titles are closer to € 50 and some high profile games (PES, SEGA Sonic games) are € 55 which I won't pay for a Wii game.

gutshot

I'm gonna go ahead and take the word of the numerous gaming sites that have gone hands on with the game and said it is a blast to play over some Gaffer that watched a game play video and decided it would be boring.

EDIT: And to those worried it will be too "easy" the game has over 400 levels. I'm fairly certain the difficulty level will ramp up quite a bit.

birdchili

McBradders said:
People who played it liked, nay loved, it. So why the hate from a fucking video?
this thread is about the video? it just seems like there's potential for the knockdown levels to be clever puzzles, but they're showing stuff that has the complexity of a carnival game.

also: i'm trying to rank-up the snark after reading the 1up article on what it's like here:)

bdouble

Hmm weird I get zzzZZZzzzzz when I usually watch any gameplay demo or watch anyone playing games for that matter.

Still besides that I think this game has got some legs under it.

Xater

I don't get the "zzz" either.

This looks like a pretty fun puzzle game that makes some great use of physics.

There also seems to be a good game mode variety or maybe that's just the levels being so different. Either way that's pretty good.

JDSN

Banned
gutshot said:
I'm gonna go ahead and take the word of the numerous gaming sites that have gone hands on with the game and said it is a blast to play over some Gaffer that watched a game play video and decided it would be boring.

GTFO.

CTLance

AstroLad said:
50 on amazon.
40 € on amazon.de :O :O :O We're not getting reamed this time? Astonishment!

Oooooh I'm gonna like this. I can feel it in mah bones.

Also, can we PLEASE erase the fucking zzz's in the thread title?

Top Bottom