• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tons of Silent Hill Fi--I mean, Silent Hill: Homecoming screens

Vaxadrin

Banned
From IGN:
silent-hill-homecoming-20080425095447359.jpg

silent-hill-homecoming-20080425095445265.jpg

silent-hill-homecoming-20080425095455686.jpg

silent-hill-homecoming-20080425095500327.jpg

silent-hill-v-screens-20080228094348736.jpg

silent-hill-v-screens-20080228094350549.jpg

I saw those and thought "Hey, that's not too bad."

But then...
silent-hill-homecoming-20080425095457749.jpg

The outdoor scenes look about 20 times better than the indoor ones. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping they accidentally grabbed the indoor shots from the currently unannounced Wii version.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
wtf @ the "I'm to sexy for my shirt" pose the monster is doing in the beginning. :lol

Where is the SH grainy filter at?

Vaxadrin said:
From IGN:
<ungs>
I saw those and thought "Hey, that's not too bad."

But then...

The outdoor scenes look about 20 times better than the indoor ones. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping they accidentally grabbed the indoor shots from the currently unannounced Wii version.
Wha...did this game's graphics get teleported into last gen. Hell, some of the SH4's rooms look better than that.

Raist

Banned
PillowKnight said:
Wha...did this game's graphics get teleported into last gen. Hell, some of the SH4's rooms look better than that.

Even SH3 looked better than this.

Seriously Konami, wtf are you doing. And what's the Silent Team up to anyway ?

Vaxadrin

Banned
What I don't understand is, why do the PR screens look like this? Usually PR screens are bullshots, which would especially benefit a game like this, but instead they sent these out with the blurry textures, aliasing and everything.

PillowKnight said:

Actually, SH4 back-compat on the 360 looks considerably better throughout.

probune

When did this game become such a troubled project? I remember hearing so many good things about it, but looking at this and hearing that people left the project...

supercake

*shrugs shoulders*

I just don't know what to say anymore. I'm still going to enjoy it though, but man these graphics...I'll continue to be optimistic and give the game the benefit of a doubt.

Vaxadrin

Banned
supercake said:
*shrugs shoulders*

I just don't know what to say anymore. I'm still going to enjoy it though, but man these graphics...I'll continue to be optimistic and give the game the benefit of a doubt.

I want to. I want to give it the benefit of a doubt badly, considering my love for all things Silent Hill (even the movie). But the screens just look...gross. Even with excellent character animation, cube-hair is still cube-hair.

Condemned 2....that's how I expect horror to be done this generation.

maskrider

I've basically given up when I read that Team Silent was not developing them (PSP Origin and this SH5, or SH H).

I've never expected to see this shit.

mollipen

maskrider said:
I've basically given up when I read that Team Silent was not developing them (PSP Origin and this SH5, or SH H).

But to be fair, Origins turned out pretty darn decent, including graphically. Especially with how iffy Team Silent started to become (in my opinion), I'm not at all the type to say that they're the only ones who can make a decent Silent Hill game.

You just have to have the game in good hands, of course.

Well, I've always said that I'm giving this a clean chance to impress, avoiding prejudices that some others have indulged in. But over time with these increasingly underwhelming screenshots it is reasonable to be concerned.

acevans2

Looks like ass. I hope this is like... pre-alpha, no lighting in place, lo-res textures on so they can test the mechanics without technical issues.

If they release it looking anything like this, ZERO people will be scared. Everyone will be too busy laughing at how ugly it is.

WHERE IS TEAM SILENT

ksamedi

I can't believe a Silent Hill game looks so bad on the PS3. Its one of those games that should have benefitted greatly from the extra power HD machines provide. This looks lika a complete mess. I'm still trying to be optimistic for this game because we haven't seen videos yet and the the franchise never dissapointed me but its getting real hard to not think this will be crap.

Top Bottom