• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS3 jRPG X Edge (Cross Edge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rykomatsu

New PS3 JRPG scheduled for September '08 release
Development is about 70% done atm

Collaboration between Idea Factory, Gust, Bandai-Namco, Capcom, Nippon Ichi, and Compile Heart. Compile Heart's Agarest Senki staff is leading the development.

Characters
Characters from the respective devs will be featured from Vampire (Capcom, Darkstalkers in the US), Ar Tonelico (Bandai-Namco), Disgaea (Nippon Ichi), Spectral Souls (Idea Factory), and Mana Khemia 2 (Gust).

Hero: Kannagi Yuuto
Heroine: Aiba Mikoto

Vampire/Darkstalkers:
Morrigan
Felicia
Demitri

Ar Tonelico:
Orica
Misha
Shurelia

Disgaea:
Etona
Prini

Spectral Souls:
Miu

Mana Khemia 2/Marie's Atelier (sp?):
Lilia
Rose
Marie

Story:
Main character(s? not sure if you choose one or the other or stuck with both) wakes up in a disorienting screwed up world alongside other characters who don't belong there. The world they wake up in survives and evolves by devouring souls from other realms/worlds. If nothing is done, the worlds from which the souls are being stolen from, will cease to exist...and so starts the story.

Worlds:
There are 2 worlds that are known thus far. The Underworld which consists of souls from Vampire/Darkstalker and Disgaea, and the Dreamworld which consists of souls from Ar Tonelico and Marie's Atelier. Each world has dungeon(s?). Sounds like your goal is to free the souls which don't belong in your realm.

Battle System:
Each charater is alloted action points (AP) and can attack during your turn repeatedly until your AP is used up. You can chain attacks which result in combos which ultimately result in increased damage. Sounds somewhat similar to a modified Ar Tonelico 2's battle system (which was time limited rather than AP, but chaining combos helps increase your harmonics level which resulted in increased damage or something).

Form Change:
As you save more souls from this world, the female characters have the ability to obtain equipable "forms" which increase stats, abilities, and what not. This sounds similar to obtaining costumes from completing cosmosphere levels in ar tonelico I/II.

The staff from Compile Heart is the same staff that did Agarest Senki, so I'm predicting it'll be a pretty fun game to play. Add to that, I really liked Orica, Misha, and Shurelia (in particular) from Ar Tonelico, so it's on my buy list :p

Can't post scans right?

Seeing Ar tonelico next to Bandai-Namco makes it look unlikely we'll get Ar tonelico 2 in the US. :( Let's hope it comes.

On this game, well, is it 3D or sprites?

rykomatsu

On the battle scenes, I can't tell if it's full 3D, or if it's 3D with characters as sprites.

man...bandai-namco might mean Ar Tonelico 3 is also going to 360 not PS3 if it gets announced...god dammit...

Spirit Icana said:
Seeing Ar tonelico next to Bandai-Namco makes it look unlikely we'll get Ar tonelico 2 in the US. :( Let's hope it comes.

On this game, well, is it 3D or sprites?

2D sprites on 3D enviroments. Some enemies are 3D.

rykomatsu

since compile heart's running the show, I wonder if they'll slip in some agarest characters...if they do, my guess is they'll be Eris, Dishana, and...probably Furia.

Durante

rykomatsu said:
Add to that, I really liked Orica, Misha, and Shurelia (in particular) from Ar Tonelico, so it's on my buy list :p
If it ever gets localized (which it most likely won't) I'd buy it for that alone.

Spirit Icana said:
Seeing Ar tonelico next to Bandai-Namco makes it look unlikely we'll get Ar tonelico 2 in the US. :(
Why? I mean they're just guest characters.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I don't like threads without pics.

Durante

rykomatsu said:
Scans on another site (indirectly linking to scans is allowed...right? lol)
I don't think so (better remove the link), but thanks!

Those are actually good scans, and it looks nice, but it's hard to tell much from the small screens.

Anyway, seeing Aurica, Misha and Shurelia again = <3

batbeg

Ooh, found direct scans now. Definitely like the graphic style, though I still have severe doubts about it being good (or obviously, ever released in English).

rykomatsu

batbeg said:
Ooh, found direct scans now. Definitely like the graphic style, though I still have severe doubts about it being good (or obviously, ever released in English).

Well, I wouldn't put it past them...of the 6 games in that list, I think 4 have been localized...though I don't know Compile Heart's track record for localized games.

batbeg

rykomatsu said:
Well, I wouldn't put it past them...of the 6 games in that list, I think 4 have been localized...though I don't know Compile Heart's track record for localized games.

It's not the series' various localizations that I think would make this impossible, but that they're from so many different publishers, aren't they? In America different people would have rights to different characters, and for such a niche title I doubt they'd see the point in trying to sort it out.

Sounds interesting, hopefully no corporate red tape will prevent this from coming out.

On a related subject; If NBGI blocks Ar tonelico II from coming to North America some very bad things are going to happen. Namely some very sternly worded letters from myself. NISA keeps hinting that they are bring it over though... Just announce it already!!!

Durante

Gunloc said:
On a related subject; If NBGI blocks Ar tonelico II from coming to North America some very bad things are going to happen.
I really don't think they would -- also, all the characters listed for this game are from AT1.

Gunloc said:
NISA keeps hinting that they are bring it over though... Just announce it already!!!
!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom