• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision Reveals Pitfall for Wii

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2008/05/12/activision-reveals-pitfall-the-big-adventure/

2n83epl.jpg

2wmetqa.jpg

kb962t.jpg

lock if old.

what do you think boys?

Evlar

Banned
I entered this thread thinking the title was 'Activision reveals pitfalls for Wii' and the topic was how Activision intends to sabotage Nintendo's platform.

Now I've read the OP and I still think it's about how Activision intends to sabotage Nintendo.

madara

AlternativeUlster said:
Yeah, this thing looks disgusting. I wish the art was more like 16-bit Mayan adventure and less Leisure Suit Larry.

LSL ala Lovage you mean. No real Larry game with daddy Al Lowe would look that bad.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
MGrant said:
Hey. Let's not exaggerate.

Tomb Raider 1 looked way better than this.

I like how Pitfail seems to be looking at the horrible texture work on the right. Isn't that lovely?

Amir0x

Banned
haahahahahaha

sorry i know i don't care about this game, but this is clearly the sort of thing that is released for GAF to mock

Those screen shots are from the gamecube pitfall game which was mediocre at best. Why would they port that game? Hopefully those screen shots are a mistake

Polari

"What could be more fun than using the Wii Remote to swing on a vine over blood thirsty crocodiles as retro-cool Pitfall Harry?!" asked Dave Oxford, Activision Publishing.

Playing a good game.

Threi

notag
Leon S. Kennedy said:
Those screen shots are from the gamecube pitfall game which was mediocre at best. Why would they port that game? Hopefully those screen shots are a mistake
the ps2 version had less aliasing. This source seems to be the only one with screens (IGN and Gamespot have none), and on top of that they claim they don't know where they came from.

2+2 = Vine vault to GAF.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
The day you can say that a Wii game could almost run on the DS without its being a hyperbole is a sad day indeed.

Slavik81

*Reads thread title*
Thinks: Awesome!

*Reads thread*
Thinks: I feel stupid for expecting something decent from Activision.

The Hermit

Slavik81 said:
*Reads thread title*
Thinks: Awesome!

*Reads thread*
Thinks: I feel stupid for expecting something decent from Activision.

Yeah.

It feels like someone raped my eyeballs...

Xenon

I dont say this often but, wtf with the art style choice for the main character. Superdeformed Harry is not so good.

pgtl_10

Those screens are probable the gamecube game lost generation. Here's why:

The Big Adventure will be set in the Peruvian jungle and will feature a mix of action and puzzle solving. There will be over 60 levels in different environments like thick rainforests, dark caves, and even snowy mountain tops. The game mechanics have been designed to make use of the Wii's motion controls.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/873/873242p1.html

I highly doubt Activision will make a Wii game sixty levels long in 3D.

I was hoping they were going to release a 2D Pitfall for Wiiware. Then I remembered that every Pitfall remake ever has been terrible.

Top Bottom