• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom posts latest worldwide million sellers + updates series totals

cvxfreak

http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/data/million.html
http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/data/salesdata.html

New entries:

7. Devil May Cry 4 (PS3, Xbox 360) - 2,300,000
44. Resident Evil The Umbrella Chronicles - 1,050,000

Updated:

9. Monster Hunter Freedom 2 - 2,150,000
32. Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition - 1,250,000

Series Totals:

Resident Evil Series - 50 titles - 34,500,000
Mega Man Series - 120 titles - 28,000,000
Street Fighter Series - 59 titles - 25,000,000
Disney Series - 33 titles - 13,200,000
Devil May Cry Series - 10 titles - 9,500,000
Onimusha Series - 12 titles - 7,800,000
Monster Hunter Series - 10 titles - 6,300,000
Dino Crisis Series - 13 titles - 4,400,000
Ghosts 'n Goblins Series - 15 titles - 4,300,000
Final Fight Series - 10 titles - 3,200,000
Breath of Fire Series - 15 titles - 3,000,000
Ace Attorney Series - 11 titles - 2,800,000
Commando Series - 2 titles - 1,200,000

fk3z3s.jpg
fk3z3s.jpg
@ RE4Wii, REUC

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The RE4 Wii numbers make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Rlan

I like that they're counting the Commando series. Plus the fact that on a per-title basis, it's the 5th best selling series at Capcom :lol

DarkMehm

32. Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition - 1,250,000 (shipped)

That chartz sites number for the same time frame is 450k higher.

:lol :lol

jarrod

Banned
Wow.

DMC4 > DMC1

RE4Wii = RE0 > RECV

...though actually, I think it's strange they lump DMC4 together on their million sellers chart and not any other multiplatform games? Lost Planet, RECVX, SFA3, SSF2, RE1, RE2, MM2, Aladdin and others should probably combine all versions if DMC4 does imo.

Scrubking

7. Devil May Cry 4 (PS3, Xbox 360) - 2,300,000 (Advertised like hell)

44. Resident Evil The Umbrella Chronicles - 1,050,000 (Not advertised at all)
32. Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition - 1,250,000 (Not advertised at all)

Just throwing it out there.

jarrod

Banned
Mecha_Infantry said:
Onimusha has 12 games?
Onimusha
Onimusha 2
Onimusha 3
Onimusha DOD
Genma Onimusha
Blade Warriors
Onimusha Tactics
Onimusha Pachislot
Onimusha 3 PC

...add in a few mobile games, and you're there.

cvxfreak said:
Breath of Fire Series - 15 titles - 3,000,000
?! Even counting all the ports and remakes I can only come up with nine to ten titles.
Dragon Quarter should have pushed the numbers at least one more mill but nooooo the "fans" had to bitch about it

jarrod

Banned
Prime crotch said:
?! Even counting all the ports and remakes I can only come up with nine to ten titles.
Dragon Quarter should have pushed the numbers at least one more mill but nooooo the "fans" had to bitch about it
BOF
BOF2
BOF3
BOF4
Dragon Quarter
BOF GBA
BOF2 GBA
BOF3 PSP
BOF3 PC
BOF4 PC
BOF2 WiiWare

...then add in mobile games.

JDSN

Banned
Its amazing how close the sales of the RE wii games are to Lost Planet that had a huge campaign to back it up, Id say Capcom is extremely pleased and considering improving their Wii support, but they're probably releasing more tests.

kswiston

As Jarrod has been trying to point out, a multiconsole release on three systems (say PS3, X360, And PC like DMC4 will eventually have) will count as 3 separate titles according to Capcom in these reports.

There haven't been 50 unique Resident Evil games, but when you figure that RE2, RE3, RECV, and RE4 have all been released on 3 or 4 systems, it adds up.

jarrod

Banned
JDSN said:
Its amazing how close the sales of the RE wii games are to Lost Planet that had a huge campaign to back it up, Id say Capcom is extremely pleased and considering improving their Wii support, but they're probably releasing more tests.
LP/DR have basically stopped selling too, while the RE Wii games keep slowly ticking up. RE4 moreso, I expect it'll pass LP eventually too (and probably even the GC original).

kswiston

It's interesting that the Devil May Cry series has the highest sales average per entry/port out of any of the series mentioned. I guess it hasn't had the chance to be diluted with dozens of barely selling ports like the Street Fighter or Resident Evil series has. When you group together all versions of a single game, mainline RE games are way ahead of anything else.

7. Devil May Cry 4 (PS3, Xbox 360) - 2,300,000 (Advertised like hell)

44. Resident Evil The Umbrella Chronicles - 1,050,000 (Not advertised at all)
32. Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition - 1,250,000 (Not advertised at all)

are you joking ?

I have seen the weird Re4 Wii advert a lot of times on tv but I've never seen a DMC4 ad. (France)

milanbaros

Member?
It looks like total RE4 sales may actually now be close to what that title deserved. It took 3 releases but it got there. BTW, do you know the PS2 and GC sales for the game? I've always assumed they were all >1m but<2m.

Yoboman

milanbaros said:
It looks like total RE4 sales may actually now be close to what that title deserved. It took 3 releases but it got there. BTW, do you know the PS2 and GC sales for the game? I've always assumed they were all >1m but<2m.
2 million on PS2, 1.6 million on GC

kswiston

Yoboman said:
2 million on PS2, 1.6 million on GC

Ya, throwing in the PC version, RE4 should be past 5 million copies (shipped) by now.

EDIT: This puts it in line with RE1 and RE2, both of which have shipped over 5 million copies (counting REmake for RE1).

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Kyoufu said:
I was probably banned. What was it about?

couple of years ago I think, someone made a thread complaining about Capcom not printing/shipping enough copies of Dawn of Sorrow.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Me_Marcadet said:
are you joking ?

I have seen the weird Re4 Wii advert a lot of times on tv but I've never seen a DMC4 ad. (France)
In the US, there was little to no adverts for RE4. I can't remember if there were DMC4 ads, but I wouldn't be shocked if there were tons.

jts

...hate me...
DarkMehm said:
32. Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition - 1,250,000 (shipped)

That chartz sites number for the same time frame is 450k higher.

:lol :lol
Why the fuck would you add "(shipped)" in the end? Sour much?

Scrubking

Me_Marcadet said:
are you joking ?

In the US Capcom has yet to honestly advertise their Wii games. On the other hand I saw a DMC TV ad every commercial break. On Spike TV they played it like every 5 minutes.

cvxfreak

I can trace back all the Ace Attorney games at least:

3 on GBA (GS1, GS2, GS3)
4 on DS (GS1, GS2, GS3, GS4)
4 on PC (GS1, GS2, GS3, GS1+2+3)

Hell, RE4 has been so successful they ported it twice, why not port it again to the PS3 and 360 before RE5 comes out? Make it RE4HD and add something like the whole Wesker Files that was in RE:CVX for the PS2.

Top Bottom