• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Voice Chat, Episode 11

JDSN

Banned
May 27, 2008 - Welcome to the Nintendo Voice Chat podcast. Each week your IGN Nintendo Team – made up of Matt Casamassina, Mark Bozon, Craig Harris, and Daemon Hatfield, – get together to talk about all things Nintendo. Covering both Wii and DS, the Nintendo Voice Chat podcast is the only place you'll find reliable voice support and "Nintendo" in the same area, so be sure to tune in each week, and listen in.

Craig Harris is on vacation somewhere -- we don't really know where -- and Daemon is attending a game event. That leaves Matt and Mark to chat about everything that's happened since the launch of Wii Fit: essentially nothing. We do answer a lot of reader mail, though, so there's that, at least.

Download.

No Daemon this week. :(

Here is the summary:

ZealousD said:
ZealousD's Summary of Fun Time Happy Place
Updated every 10 minutes

Intro
-Apparently, there is nothing to talk about. Stop reading this summary now folks.
-Okay, they lied, there's a couple things to talk about. So you might get two chicken nuggets prior to reader mail.
-Damon is flying out to a Capcom event. Craig was eaten by a rabid monster. Or maybe he's Bigfoot.
-Matt, "Why are you listening to this crap?" I don't know Matt, I don't know.

WiiFit
-BREAKING NEWS. WiiFit was well-marketed.
-ALSO BREAKING NEWS. WiiFit was on TEEVEE.
-Matt and Bozon expect GTA to outsell it though. I think they underestimate the soccer moms.
-Bozon's running a "daily" (ie not really daily) blog about WiiFit. Bozon's lost 10lbs so far.
-Bozon did Yoga while riding an elephant.
-zzzzzzzzz

Emergency Heroes
-Straight-forward racing game in a sem-open world.
-Decent controls, feel.
-Bad framerate, VO.
-Suppose to be a kid's game. Very simple.
-How do you stop a speeding vehicles? Ram them.
-Better than "Emergency Mayhem".

Dr. Mario Online RX
-No 4-player, despite it being on the N64 version
-Virus buster is really awesome, apparently, maybe, I dunno, I'm just taking them at their word. Cool co-op.
-They're getting into specifics, but I don't care about those. Partly because I'm lost and can't follow what the hell they're talking about.
-"Must get" WiiWare title

Bozon Rants About Storage Space
-I'm fairly confident that you know his argument already, because it's either affected you or you're already tired of reading about it on Message Boards. I'm going to take a leak.

Reader Mail
Q:Top Tier 3rd party developers maybe?
A:hahahahahahahahahah expect the status quo. There are always exceptions, but they will ultimately be exceptions. They'll be pulling the curtain off on a multi-platform Ubisoft game (HAWX?) tommorow. They dance around BG&E2 rumor. Bozon expects better things from Square. Talk a bit about FFCC:CB, despite lack of info (nothing new).

Q:More Internal DS support soon?
A:Nintendo will announce more games. Things will wind down though.

Q:Any upcoming exciting stuff from Nintendo?
A:They don't know shit. They're confident about WiiMusic, Animal Crossing, Kid Icarus, ASH, Super Mario Sluggers. They don't know about anything else, including Disaster.

Q:.... Oh god they're going to talk about storage again....
A: ......12ra[sdivj"d

Q: Timesplitters 4?
A: They don't know.

Q: Sky Crawlers to the US?
A: They think it will.

Q:WiiFit calling kid's fat?
A: This'll blow over.

Q: No More Heroes sales?
A: Sold okay, between 100k-200k. They don't think there will be a sequel.

Q: Madden 09 better graphics than previous XBOX versions?
A: They think it is. A noticeable improvement.

Q: They start talking about Sales, but I don't think I care. Or you do. Then again, this is Sales-Age. I am at an impasse. I'm just typing and not listening right now. I'm way too apathetic to be doing this. Oh shit they're moving to the next topic.

Q: Dr. Mario demos a good idea?
A: Yes.

Q: Achievements?
A: Achievements are cool.

Q: WiiMusic?
A: We will probably see something about it this.

Q: Indy 4?
A: Matt thought it was "okay". Bozon was dissapointed. SPOILARZ.

Q: What does The Conduit offer to multi-platform owners?
A: It's uhhhh... a non-wartime shooter with maybe good Wii controls. AKA not much. They haven't played it yet.

Q: Capcom rumors?
A: Matt can't say anything.

Q: A World Ends With You type title on Wii?
A: Probably not...

A reader makes a pun. "Kid ICKarus. Latest adventures is the Pits."

Q: Seen footage of Factor 5's game?
A: Nope.

Q: Conduit multiplayer?
A: Yes, they do want to include online deathmatch. Still no publisher, but they have plenty of offers on the table. BTW, Gyrostarr is still in Nintendo's hands.

[[Couple useless questions]]

Oh god I'm going into a coma this is so boring.

Red Steel 2 still in development! I guess that's something.

Guitar Hero DS info soon.

OH GOD YES IT'S FINALLY OVER

gabe90

Blu_LED said:
Matt Cass and Bozon......in a podcast room.....alone.

Thats got to be the shittiest podcast ever.
Oh Boo! I like these podcasts, listening to them or reading the summary.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
ZealousD's Summary of Fun Time Happy Place
Updated every 10 minutes

Intro
-Apparently, there is nothing to talk about. Stop reading this summary now folks.
-Okay, they lied, there's a couple things to talk about. So you might get two chicken nuggets prior to reader mail.
-Damon is flying out to a Capcom event. Craig was eaten by a rabid monster. Or maybe he's Bigfoot.
-Matt, "Why are you listening to this crap?" I don't know Matt, I don't know.

WiiFit
-BREAKING NEWS. WiiFit was well-marketed.
-ALSO BREAKING NEWS. WiiFit was on TEEVEE.
-Matt and Bozon expect GTA to outsell it though. I think they underestimate the soccer moms.
-Bozon's running a "daily" (ie not really daily) blog about WiiFit. Bozon's lost 10lbs so far.
-Bozon did Yoga while riding an elephant.
-zzzzzzzzz

Emergency Heroes
-Straight-forward racing game in a sem-open world.
-Decent controls, feel.
-Bad framerate, VO.
-Suppose to be a kid's game. Very simple.
-How do you stop a speeding vehicles? Ram them.
-Better than "Emergency Mayhem".

Dr. Mario Online RX
-No 4-player, despite it being on the N64 version
-Virus buster is really awesome, apparently, maybe, I dunno, I'm just taking them at their word. Cool co-op.
-They're getting into specifics, but I don't care about those. Partly because I'm lost and can't follow what the hell they're talking about.
-"Must get" WiiWare title

Bozon Rants About Storage Space
-I'm fairly confident that you know his argument already, because it's either affected you or you're already tired of reading about it on Message Boards. I'm going to take a leak.

Reader Mail
A:hahahahahahahahahah expect the status quo. There are always exceptions, but they will ultimately be exceptions. They'll be pulling the curtain off on a multi-platform Ubisoft game (HAWX?) tommorow. They dance around BG&E2 rumor. Bozon expects better things from Square. Talk a bit about FFCC:CB, despite lack of info (nothing new).

Q:More Internal DS support soon?
A:Nintendo will announce more games. Things will wind down though.

Q:Any upcoming exciting stuff from Nintendo?
A:They don't know shit. They're confident about WiiMusic, Animal Crossing, Kid Icarus, ASH, Super Mario Sluggers. They don't know about anything else, including Disaster.

Q:.... Oh god they're going to talk about storage again....
A: ......12ra[sdivj"d

Q: Timesplitters 4?
A: They don't know.

Q: Sky Crawlers to the US?
A: They think it will.

Q:WiiFit calling kid's fat?
A: This'll blow over.

Q: No More Heroes sales?
A: Sold okay, between 100k-200k. They don't think there will be a sequel.

Q: Madden 09 better graphics than previous XBOX versions?
A: They think it is. A noticeable improvement.

Q: They start talking about Sales, but I don't think I care. Or you do. Then again, this is Sales-Age. I am at an impasse. I'm just typing and not listening right now. I'm way too apathetic to be doing this. Oh shit they're moving to the next topic.

Q: Dr. Mario demos a good idea?
A: Yes.

Q: Achievements?
A: Achievements are cool.

Q: WiiMusic?
A: We will probably see something about it this.

Q: Indy 4?
A: Matt thought it was "okay". Bozon was dissapointed. SPOILARZ.

Q: What does The Conduit offer to multi-platform owners?
A: It's uhhhh... a non-wartime shooter with maybe good Wii controls. AKA not much. They haven't played it yet.

Q: Capcom rumors?
A: Matt can't say anything.

Q: A World Ends With You type title on Wii?
A: Probably not...

A reader makes a pun. "Kid ICKarus. Latest adventures is the Pits."

Q: Seen footage of Factor 5's game?
A: Nope.

Q: Conduit multiplayer?
A: Yes, they do want to include online deathmatch. Still no publisher, but they have plenty of offers on the table. BTW, Gyrostarr is still in Nintendo's hands.

[[Couple useless questions]]

Oh god I'm going into a coma this is so boring.

Red Steel 2 still in development! I guess that's something.

Guitar Hero DS info soon.

OH GOD YES IT'S FINALLY OVER

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
There was an Ellen GIF where someone shopped Matt and Boz in there? Where?

Ubisoft game that's been shown on the other two consoles but will be unveiled on Wii tomorrow and it's a little different? What is this? (about 26 minutes in) It should be easy to figure out...

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Edag Plata said:
Ubisoft game that's been shown on the other two consoles but will be unveiled on Wii tomorrow and it's a little different? What is this? (about 26 minutes in) It should be easy to figure out...

H.A.W.X. I'm guessing

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Edag Plata said:

POP Wii?

radcliff

Edag Plata said:

Prince of Persia?

schuelma

yoopoo said:
Its that snow boarding game, idiots.

Did they say it was revealed for the other consoles today, or just in the past?...because we know H.A.W.X is coming because its on Gamefly and Gamestop lists.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Matt keeping tight-lipped about Zack & Wiki 2 and Megaman? Hrm, well that's a first. Wonder if that lends any credit to the rumor.

JDSN

Banned
Andrex said:
Matt keeping tight-lipped about Zack & Wiki 2 and Megaman? Hrm, well that's a first. Wonder if that lends any credit to the rumor.

Thats why I asked it in the first place.

Ikazuchi

Neo Member
I noticed when they talked about the Ubisoft game, they mention that it was actually revealed on the other channels today. Shaun White's snowboarding game was unveiled on IGN 360 and IGN PS3 today. I am inclined to think that that is the game, and I will not be getting my hopes up for a real Clancy game.

tenritsu

Banned
Got this tidbit from "va"nintendo.com, who got it from another site I think.

Conduit - Deathmatch teaser was referring to online component, multiplayer deathmatch. Devs. of The Conduit have been contacted by many publishers, but are taking their time so they can make the game they want to make.

“Yes, we are planning on online multiplayer. We don’t yet know how many simultaneous players we’ll be able to support. The other thing folks seem to have a lot questions on the forumsfront is the lack of a publisher. For what it’s worth, we have no shortages of options now both large and small but we are taking our time. We have our own funding to entirely complete the game and it’s not that we don’t play well with others, we just want to be far enough along that someone doesn’t come along and monkey the whole thing up. We’ve worked on enough licensed titles that had the potential to be good but an arm-chaired quarterback came in and mandated a very bad direction. The further along we are, the less likely that is to happen. We really want The Conduit to be something special for the Wii and for us, you know?”

donny2112

ZealousD said:
A:hahahahahahahahahah expect the status quo.

Matt has been completely wrong about things he's stated as fact before, so I'm hoping he's completely wrong here, too. Third-parties who refuse to put decent real support on the Wii will be the meme of this generation for stupidity.

"The IQ of a Wii S3P (stubborn third-party)."
"More effort than a Wii S3P."
"Less interesting than a non-game from a Wii S3P."

I think Conduit will sell in the multiple 100Ks in the U.S. It'll probably be Top 10 for its launch month, too. Of course, it'll come out too late to convince some Wii S3Ps.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
ShockingAlberto said:
God, even reading the summary was boring.

Is the podcast to blame for that or does my sense of humor just suck?

Scrubking

donny2112 said:
Matt has been completely wrong about things he's stated as fact before, so I'm hoping he's completely wrong here, too. Third-parties who refuse to put decent real support on the Wii will be the meme of this generation for stupidity.

"The IQ of a Wii S3P (stubborn third-party)."
"More effort than a Wii S3P."
"Less interesting than a non-game from a Wii S3P."

I think Conduit will sell in the multiple 100Ks in the U.S. It'll probably be Top 10 for its launch month, too. Of course, it'll come out too late to convince some Wii S3Ps.

Capcom announces Street Fighter 4 for PS3, 360 and... PC

schuelma

It was the Shaun White snowboarding game with Balance Board support.

P.C just went out

Top Bottom